EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It doesn't have to be a deliberate pass, the ball just has to deliberately played at, which it was. Any deliberate move from a defending player to touch the ball counts. The Manchester City player then "received the ball" off him by coming round from behind him and taking possession of it. Essentially, as soon as Mings deliberately plays at the ball, all bets are off.

This is not a good rule, but this is the rule nonetheless.

What is your opinion on the offside given in the Juve game I posted.

Were the officials wrong there? Or are english refs time and again giving horrendous reasoning to cover their own f**k ups.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What is your opinion on the offside given in the Juve game I posted.

Were the officials wrong there? Or are english refs time and again giving horrendous reasoning to cover their own f**k ups.

Yes, that was not offside because the defender played at the ball deliberately.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know this means one of them is about to ping one in from 30 yards, but that Liverpool squad is full of jobbers.

Outwith their strongest, usual 11, they’re so weak. They young players Klopp keeps picking are laughably shite.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The guys who've won everything all say it - it's hard to win a league, it's a lot harder to retain it.

Aye, Liverpool have quite big problems now.

Their style of football is great but has a very short shelf-life. It depends on the front three expending a lot of energy in pressing and the fullbacks getting up and down all day and delivering a lot of quality.

They've all played so much football the last few years at such an intensity a lot of them have just lost their edge a bit now, and the front three isn't functioning like it was, TAA is struggling (played so many games so young) too. Robertson is actually holding up okay.

This is why Ferguson said the hardest thing to do in management is to rebuild a team whilst maintaining a level of success. This is the stage Klopp is entering now. Salah might leave, looks half interested now, Mane might want to go, Firmino has stopped scoring. He has big problems, and now you will see how good he really is.

Fraudinho is lucky he has never lasted long enough in a job to get to this stage or he would be exposed for the fraud he is.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I am actually laughing at you now.

I'd say the big difference between those two is Mings does exactly what he intended to do. There's absolutely no way that defender did in the Italian game. Although I have no idea if that plays a part. If it doesn't, they got it wrong.