EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

53 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Ray Parlour?

23 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Bergkamp was my first thought as best player.

Vieira before both. 

19 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Gerrard has to be in the mix for best player.

He'd be up there. 

For best ever epl player it’s between David Silva, Thierry Henry, Paul Scholes and Ronaldo for me. 

It’s a tough call and so subjective as I think despite being utterly ridiculous at Man Utd, I don’t know if Man Utd level Ronaldo was any better than peak David Silva at Man City. Silva  was an utter joy to watch. Phenomenal player who made it all look so easy.

Ronaldo also went up another two or three levels in sheer brilliance at Real Madrid after he left Man Utd . 

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I hope Mason Mount is non league and I never have to hear his ridiculous name again. It sounds like a ski resort.

I find him very annoying for some subconscious reason I can't put my finger on. He also wants to take a damp flannel to that bum fluff on his chin...

Great result for the Foxes and with the early goal looked pretty solid from then for the three points.

Leicester are one of two teams to not have dropped any points from a winning position this season. 

Chelsea have some great young players that may come good but with this Covid situation it maybe wasn't the best time to bring in young players and have them settle into a new league and country.

On a financial reason I can see why as they seemed to get decent value especially for the two German lads. Also I think those fees didn't go against FFP rules. 

Overall a bold strategy bringing in young players under a young manager. Even the added experience came from overseas. I don't see them getting top 4 but I think they will persevere with Lampard. Certainly until next season.

I still think City or Liverpool will win it, but Leicester being top in January will have the journalists down south panicking.

That said, United will be top again if they win tonight.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Leicester are great but never go too long without losing to some jobber side. Is Ndidi the best holding midfielder in the league?

We do struggle to break down the stubborn defensive teams. Ndidi is better than Kante, who'd have thought that. Made some great money out of Chelsea selling Kante, Drinkwater and Chillwell. Never really rated the latter two, ok but not outstanding.

Totally forgot about Danny Drinkwater.  Is he still even playing?

Edit - Just checked, hes in Turkey now on loan from Chelsea and has played 29 competitive games of football since he left Leicester City in 2017.

Edited by TheScarf