EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Newcastle are playing quite well. I don’t get what Bruce was coming out with though, about not listening to the players anymore - he’s the manager, he should have been telling them from that start how to play, not the other way around.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Newcastle being cut apart at will here. Dreadful attempt at clearing it from Clark 

Bruce probably has enough about him to just keep them out of trouble but if they're anywhere above 14th they'll have done well. 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Newcastle being cut apart at will here. Dreadful attempt at clearing it from Clark 

For all their good defensive work in the first half, they’ve been awful second half. They are probably lucky that there are a few equally as awful teams below them right now.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bruce probably has enough about him to just keep them out of trouble but if they're anywhere above 14th they'll have done well. 

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

For all their good defensive work in the first half, they’ve been awful second half. They are probably lucky that there are a few equally as awful teams below them right now.

I didn’t see the first half, but they’ve been appalling since I’ve turned it on. Arsenal should have more than 3, without really having to be particularly great.

If they can stay up at all, they’ve done well IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Few news outlets saying Frank Lampard has been told if he loses tonight he's out the door. 

Bit harsh imo. Not convinced he's got it, certainly signings have been suspect Werner and Mendy are comically bad. But don't know whether they were his choices.

If you look at Arsenal and Southampton it shows the benefit of giving managers a bit of time, I thought that might start a trend of holding off and not pulling the trigger so quickly, but Abrahmovich is not a patient type and they have been pretty rank for a while now.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Is he a Tory?  Always thought he seemed a good c**t.

He was quoted saying he wanted Cameron as PM at the time he was in the running.

7 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Bit harsh imo. Not convinced he's got it, certainly signings have been suspect Werner and Mendy are comically bad. But don't know whether they were his choices.

If you look at Arsenal and Southampton it shows the benefit of giving managers a bit of time, I thought that might start a trend of holding off and not pulling the trigger so quickly, but Abrahmovich is not a patient type and they have been pretty rank for a while now.

I don't think that shows anything. Infact Southampton are the perfect example of the opposite, the only reason they have Hassenhuttl is because they correctly sacked Mark Hughes 9 months into the job. If they'd given Hughes time they'd probably be in the Championship now, and wouldn't have got such a good manager. Same with getting Pochettino before that too. And everyone knows Arsenal's problem was giving Wenger too much time. For every case you can point out of clubs standing by a manager and turning out well I could point out equally as many cases of clubs sticking by their manager and regretting it. The old debate about 'giving managers time' is stupid, it depends who the manager is and on the circumstances. If you appoint someone with an iffy track record like Hughes who is clearly turning out to be hopeless then you should sack them, if you've appointed someone who you are convinced is going to be a good manager then you give them time. Clearly it's not as clear cut as that, but a blanket 'give them time' argument which all in the media seem to push is stupid.