EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Unsurprisingly lazy stat from the BBC.

To think Tierney spent the first half of the season at centre half so Maitland-Niles could get a game.
He was very good at centre-back after the restart in June/July when Arsenal barely lost a game and won the FA Cup.

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

West Bwom looking worse under Allerdyce than Billic.

Delightful.

There's not much difference to be honest. Since the start of December, their performances at the Hawthorns have been abysmal.

Allardyce's last two home results were 4-0 and 5-0 defeats. Bilic's last two home results were 3-0 and 5-1 defeats. That's 1 goal scored and 17 conceded!

Sheffield United is the only team that they've beaten at home this season. Both teams are not good enough to survive and rightly going down.

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
14 hours ago, NorthernLights said:
Scott Marshall also scored for Arsenal in the league in March 1996.

The last Scot to score for Arsenal before last night was...Kieran Tierney. He scored at the end of last season.

I haven't checked, but some folk on twitter are saying the actual stat was that he was the first Scot to score in an away league game for Arsenal since Charlie Nicholas, and Lineker made a c**t of it. That would be supported by OptaJoe's take.

He was very good at centre-back after the restart in June/July when Arsenal barely lost a game and won the FA Cup.
Indeed he was. Although Maitland-Niles was unimpressive at LB. Cup or no cup.

Having Tierney and Saka on either flank has immediately made Arsenal look a lot better.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I haven't checked, but some folk on twitter are saying the actual stat was that he was the first Scot to score in an away league game for Arsenal since Charlie Nicholas, and Lineker made a c**t of it. That would be supported by OptaJoe's take.

Going to look into the last Scottish player to score for all the Premier League teams - my guess is that the longest "drought" will be Chelsea (probably Steve Clarke), but hopefully Gilmour will sort that out.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Going to look into the last Scottish player to score for all the Premier League teams - my guess is that the longest "drought" will be Chelsea (probably Steve Clarke), but hopefully Gilmour will sort that out.

Craig Burley probably. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I presume you mean current PL teams, but it will be a good effort that ends Paul Bernard's run as the last Scottish scorer in the PL for Oldham!

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke was at Chelsea long after Burley left, but he was a man of few goals so the only question is whether he scored in those last few years.

Clarke apparently scored against Liverpool in April 98.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/chelsea-v-liverpool-25-april-1998-23286/