EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

😲

Lingard is 28 and has over 20 full England caps!

If he's not experienced enough then who is? Pele?

I don't particularly rate Lingard, but agree that "inexperienced" is probably not his main weakness.

To be fair, Pele at his best probably wouldn't save Sheffield United this season.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
They're missing Henderson badly. The recruitment has been appalling -  so much money wasted on mediocrity like Ramsdale.
It's unlikely that there's much left in the kitty for January. Perhaps they can get  a few loans or free agents in. 
To be honest, they're down and are just playing for pride.

Talk on commentary today about bringing Lingard in from Man Utd on loan. As if that's going to help.B

Lingard would be as bad as Fosu-Mensah, Jones and Rojo. The silly pundits will probably suggest misfits like Soares, Chambers, Sokratis, Rose, and Bolassie.

I'd bring back Dean Henderson if United are willing. He'd give the defence some much needed confidence. Even Gazzaniga, frozen out at Spurs, would be better than Ramsdale.

It will be difficult to get in some needed attacking talent. Demarai Gray is reportedly going to Spurs. Balogun from Arsenal could be worth a punt too. 

What is the point of having VAR when some clownshoes diddy referee immediately blows his whistle for a 'foul' rather than letting play continue for that Brighton chance? That's the sort of incompetence that should punt you into the Conference North next week.

What a goal from Tierney. Superb
Seemed like he was expecting someone to face up to him all the way in then just thought, well f**k it il help myself then. Popular goal with the Arsenal players too by the look of it. Seems to be a very well liked player down there.

It's hilarious when you read the early pages of the Kieran Tierney thread here, all the snide negativity. This may be a relatively weak Arsenal team but he's probably the most important player at the club right now. He's one of the few in good form and he's showing leadership with his intensity, decision making and eagerness to attack. Everything good is going through him down that left side tonight.

I'm sure he would never have wanted to be at a struggling team but the bright side for his own career is that it's allowed him to become a central player even though he's young and hasn't played many games yet.

Tierney has been magnificent
It's hilarious when you read the early pages of the Kieran Tierney thread here, all the snide negativity. This may be a relatively weak Arsenal team but he's probably the most important player at the club right now. He's one of the few in good form and he's showing leadership with his intensity, decision making and eagerness to attack. Everything good is going through him down that left side tonight.
I'm sure he would never have wanted to be at a struggling team but the bright side for his own career is that it's allowed him to become a central player even though he's young and hasn't played many games yet.
His first season was ruined by injuries, and I would think it's taken him the first few months of this season to get to 100% fitness and sharpness. He's been Arsenal's most consistent player in the games I've watched lately.

12 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Nice stat from MotD. The last Scot to score for Arsenal?

Charlie Nicholas in 1986.

I’m pretty sure Paul Dickov scored for Arsenal in the early 90s.

Edit - He did. 3 PL goals in total.

Edited by ArabGaz