EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Slightly off topic of Cavani's investigation, he's miles better than any other forward United have.  Quite why he isn't starting every game is anyone's guess.  Well, that and the guy picking the team is an idiot.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Slightly off topic of Cavani's investigation, he's miles better than any other forward United have.  Quite why he isn't starting every game is anyone's guess.  Well, that and the guy picking the team is an idiot.

Because he's almost 34 and he isnt playing in a farmers league anymore

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I see the English FA have now completely lost the plot as Cavani is being investigated for using the word "Black".

It's a sad day when entire languages need to be changed to satisfy a few ignorant idiots on social media, what's even more sad is that the authorities appear to be falling for it hook line and sinker.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Negrito is the same word Luis Suarez used towards Patrice Evra. 

The defence that this is commonplace in Uruguay didn't wash then and I doubt that it will now, to be honest. 

the english really need to educate themselves, they can only see things from their POV, 

Cheatin' foreign b*****d///A player has every right to go down if he feels a touch in the box

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I see the English FA have now completely lost the plot as Cavani is being investigated for using the word "Black".

It's a sad day when entire languages need to be changed to satisfy a few ignorant idiots on social media, what's even more sad is that the authorities appear to be falling for it hook line and sinker.

Might have to report that post for the strong racist undertones.  Imagery of lynchings come to mind.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

Negrito is the same word Luis Suarez used towards Patrice Evra. 

The defence that this is commonplace in Uruguay didn't wash then and I doubt that it will now, to be honest. 

This is not true. Suarez said a lot more than that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

You're an absolute walloper. 

I would imagine the Suarez story was the biggest news in Uruguay at the time. Seems pretty impossible that anyone, let alone an international teammate, wouldn't have been aware of the controversy.

Even if Cavani isn't a racist, he is still a fucking idiot.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I see Robertson didn't have any issue with the penalty being given for his tackle. His problem with it is more about the inconsistency with similar incidents not given this weekend. Got to say I agree with him.
Also had a go at VAR for ruining the excitement after a goal. There's no going back now though. I can see it changing to a challenge system at some point but it will never disappear completely.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Grealish’s diving is appalling

He's good at winning free-kicks; something which exposes the casual racism that infiltrates nearly every corner of the British sporting media.

Just now, David W said:

He's good at winning free-kicks; something which exposes the casual racism that infiltrates nearly every corner of the British sporting media.

Yes, apparently it’s not a problem in English football.