EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Irrelevance indeed.

Here's the quote that you're flailing at right now:

This is of course true: Bournemouth were indeed shipping a ludicrous number of goals every season with Asmir Begovic/Artur Boruc in goals, while Ramsdale was punted out to AFC Wimbledon and similar permadiddies.

The fact that they then selected your big mate Ramsdale in 2019/20 and got immediately relegated without a trace is in no way a credible counterpoint to this. 

Gutted for you.

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

So in quoting your own post you confirm that he did indeed get a game despite previously claiming he couldn’t. :1eye 

That’s all.

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Watching MOTD and Klopp and Murphy are like wee babies. What a pair of cocks. 

Was reading Klopps comments this morning. I used to quite like him but he has turned into a massive whinging b*****d.

They make out as if they are the only team to get injuries when plenty of other teams have as many, if not more, players out at any given time. Given they have largely played the same team for about 3 seasons now, it’s more of a surprise it hasn’t happened before now.

They also make out they are playing so many more games than ever but every season for years, at least 7 teams are playing in Europe and all the cup comps just the same as they are doing now. I haven’t heard Leicester or Arsenal moaning about the number of games.

Given that they are one of the highest earning teams in the league, that they aren’t capable of assembling a squad that can compete across all competitions, is surely nobodies fault but theirs? The moaning from all of the big clubs is fucking tiresome, especially when they don’t care enough about it not to do the money-spinning Asian tours etc in the time that they do get off.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:
Offside doesn't need to be a clear and obvious error - it's factual, you're either offside or you're not.

This is technically true, but isn't practically correct, since they are limited by the technology (the frame rate of the camera and the straightness of the lines) and by human error (the placement of the lines and the choice of when the passing player last touched the ball).

You immediately therefore have four different sources of error in each offside decision, and therefore a notion of "clear and obvious" should still apply.

Edited by craigkillie

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We're here to talk about football, not to drag up pointless off-topic nonsense from GN and the Politics Forum.

Touche, Good Sir. I was in the mood for a bit of a wind up with it being Sunday but I will cease and desist, have a look at the username TheDog however as it is a malevolent account.

First time I've watched Leeds in full game this season and I'm really impressed.

Win lose or draw they are great entertainment, playing football the way most fans dream of seeing their team play.

They will pick up a few hammerings his season but they will also dish some out, hopefully Man U are on the receiving end.

Was reading Klopps comments this morning. I used to quite like him but he has turned into a massive whinging b*****d.
They make out as if they are the only team to get injuries when plenty of other teams have as many, if not more, players out at any given time. Given they have largely played the same team for about 3 seasons now, it’s more of a surprise it hasn’t happened before now.
They also make out they are playing so many more games than ever but every season for years, at least 7 teams are playing in Europe and all the cup comps just the same as they are doing now. I haven’t heard Leicester or Arsenal moaning about the number of games.
Given that they are one of the highest earning teams in the league, that they aren’t capable of assembling a squad that can compete across all competitions, is surely nobodies fault but theirs? The moaning from all of the big clubs is fucking tiresome, especially when they don’t care enough about it not to do the money-spinning Asian tours etc in the time that they do get off.

I like him but he tied himself in absolute knots in his post match. Good viewing tbh.20201128_194039.jpeg

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Southampton have been pretty poor but are 1-0 up. Need to get another to cancel out United's customary penalty though.

Think they might get more than another 1, so will Pochs first Media briefing be tomorrow or Tuesday then?