EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Tried to watch an EPL game for the first time in a while. It’s utter gash.
Liverpool are dominating with Milner, Matip and Jones starting. The quality is awful.
The quality of the football? Compared to what?

It's one of the most technical leagues in the world ffs - especially the two teams you watched.

I've got no issue with folk preferring scottish football and thinking the English Premier is hyped to f**k and bloated beyond belief - but you can't argue with the quality of football that it provides.

Boring? quite often. But very rarely rubbish football.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:
Supports Falkirk, claims a Liverpool side using  squad players as ''the quality is awful''  emoji1787.png

What's him supporting Falkirk got to do with it?

well i don't suppose he's exposed to much quality watching that tinpot shite, just seemed a bizarre thing to post.

well i don't suppose he's exposed to much quality watching that tinpot shite, just seemed a bizarre thing to post.
I'm not exposed to much quality any time I visit Palmerston but I'm quite capable of telling the difference between a quality game of football and a shite game of football. To make out someone can't criticise a side if the team they support isn't as good is a bit daft. It's normally the card idiotic OF fans play whenever some diddy team supporter laughs at them getting routinely knocked out in European competitions.

I'm not exposed to much quality any time I visit Palmerston but I'm quite capable of telling the difference between a quality game of football and a shite game of football. To make out someone can't criticise a side if the team they support isn't as good is a bit daft. It's normally the card idiotic OF fans play whenever some diddy team supporter laughs at them getting routinely knocked out in European competitions.
Precisely this. A point made exclusively by absolute morons.

Quality of football surely relates to the technical ability on display, though?

I'm more than happy for anyone to criticise the Premier league for being boring or over hyped - but the quality of the football is undoubtedly higher than in Scotland.

If you're using a different definition then fair enough.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Quality of football surely relates to the technical ability on display, though?

I'm more than happy for anyone to criticise the Premier league for being boring or over hyped - but the quality of the football is undoubtedly higher than in Scotland.

If you're using a different definition then fair enough.

But what does that have to do with someone who supports Falkirk being able to judge? Anyone who watches enough football should be in a position to judge, regardless of if they support Liverpool or Greenock Juniors. Which was the entire point of the post you're quoting. 

But what does that have to do with someone who supports Falkirk being able to judge? Anyone who watches enough football should be in a position to judge, regardless of if they support Liverpool or Greenock Juniors. Which was the entire point of the post you're quoting. 
I'm taking the argument back to original post.

Anyone can judge - but the judgment that came from the Falkirk fan was a ridiculous one (or more likely just poorly expressed).

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

An away win for Newcastle at Palace tonight, Wilson and Joelinton scoring late on after 88 minutes of utter dross.

I had to turn it off as Amazon coverage was completely unwatchable, mainly the sound. It was like it was through a megaphone with an echo. If.Scottish football was covered in such a way everyone would rightly be slaughtering how amateur it was.