EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Liverpool are just lucky Klopp "doesn't need to spend money to be successful". Losing the second most expensive defender of all time shouldn't effect them in the slightest.

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah but if they left the unused place and then got an injury crisis in goal, they could have got an emergency loan goalkeeper in. One who would presumably have, at least, been training and playing the odd reserve game for his club. Surely that would be better than phoning Petr Cech and asking him to turn up from the golf course or wherever retired footballers spend their spare time now?

It's probably not as easy to get an emergency loan player in now given the regular testing and so on. If they found out they were without a goalkeeper on the Friday then I doubt they'd be allowed to bring someone else in for the Saturday. Cech was playing as an ice-hockey goaltender for some lower league English team, no idea if they're still playing or not just now, but he's at least been keeping his eye in a bit since retiring from football.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I particularly enjoyed the bit where Van Dijk appears to have been killed or at least permanently incapacitated:

"Wijnaldum said: “We are still devastated and I think this was different from normal. The way it happened was really hard for us. Everyone still has a really bad feeling about it. When we were speaking with the players after Saturday none of the players had slept because of what happened with Virgil and, as I said, the way it happened. It is a really hard one to take and a hard one for the team."

I think these c***s are actually worse than Celtic in the self pity/paranoia stakes. Fucking hell 😂

You expect this nonsense from fans, not from players or the club. The media are pretty disgraceful on it as well, completely partisan reporting and suggesting things like banning him till Van Dijk has recovered is ludicrous (though a good excuse for Everton to drop him 🤣).

You expect this nonsense from fans, not from players or the club. The media are pretty disgraceful on it as well, completely partisan reporting and suggesting things like banning him till Van Dijk has recovered is ludicrous (though a good excuse for Everton to drop him [emoji1787]).
We now have the "everyone wearing Van Dijks name and number" pre match routine to look forward to aswell as a special tribute from each goalscorer in their next game

I felt for Liverpool initially because I thought it was an awful challenge and Pickford should have been sent off but this carry on is pathetic. It's akin to the time Brazil mourned Neymar dying during the 2014 World Cup and held up his shirt before the Germany (?) game.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ozil left out of Arsenal's PL squad. Sitting in the stand on £350,000 per week. :lol:

But they had to pay the Mascot off to save money. 

I really don't understand why Arsenal are handling him this way.

Did they take the mascot back on after Ozil offered to pay his wage?

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I particularly enjoyed the bit where Van Dijk appears to have been killed or at least permanently incapacitated:

"Wijnaldum said: “We are still devastated and I think this was different from normal. The way it happened was really hard for us. Everyone still has a really bad feeling about it. When we were speaking with the players after Saturday none of the players had slept because of what happened with Virgil and, as I said, the way it happened. It is a really hard one to take and a hard one for the team."

I think these c***s are actually worse than Celtic in the self pity/paranoia stakes. Fucking hell 😂

I hope Robertson can get in the right headspace soon. The Scotland games are only 3 weeks away.

58 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I really don't understand why Arsenal are handling him this way.

Did they take the mascot back on after Ozil offered to pay his wage?

A number of Arsenal managers have left him out after a few games though, so maybe it’s not all just down to the club - there must be some reason they all don’t play him.

48 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

A number of Arsenal managers have left him out after a few games though, so maybe it’s not all just down to the club - there must be some reason they all don’t play him.

I don't doubt that Ozil isn't as committed as he makes out on social media but it's almost like Arsenal are doing this in spite of themselves. 

It's a bit like Sunderland and Rodwell I suppose.

I think Arsenal are basically of the view that Ozil is past it and are hoping that he'll get bored and f**k off. He's 32, so still has a few years left in him and I think they're banking on him wanting game time.

Trouble is that no one is going to meet his wages. £18m a year, ooooft. I imagine he'll be happy to take a cut to leave and get game time, but that sort of money for nothing is the stuff dreams are made of. 

Someone has created a fake David Lynch account (Lynch is a freelance journalist covering Liverpool FC) and is reeling folk in by saying that Liverpool wanted a minutes silence before the game tonight and are wearing t shirts with VvDs face on them.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ozil left out of Arsenal's PL squad. Sitting in the stand on £350,000 per week. :lol:

But they had to pay the Mascot off to save money. 

There are several other EPL players in the same position - e.g. Sergio Romero, Phil Jones, Baba Rahman, Danny Rose, Danny Drinkwater, Mohamed Besic, Jean Michael Seri, Henri Lansbury, Kevin McDonald, Christian Atsu, Kenedy, Yannick Bolassie, Charlie Musonda and Connor Wickham.

A lot of fees and wages have or are being wasted on that lot of misfits.

Sounds like the epitome of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Still, I could probably live with my boss publicly announcing that I was useless and that they didn't want me to work for them anymore, while still paying me £250,000 a week.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Ozil apparently refuses to train for days at a time, and spent months refusing to play games anywhere outside London.

Any player who comes out with the "woe is me" shite on Twitter generally deserves what they're getting tbh. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 hours ago, RiG said:

I felt for Liverpool initially because I thought it was an awful challenge and Pickford should have been sent off but this carry on is pathetic. It's akin to the time Brazil mourned Neymar dying during the 2014 World Cup and held up his shirt before the Germany (?) game.

There is no defence: Brazil's pathetic Neymar obsession led to semi-final  capitulation | London Evening Standard

Ah, memories.

:lol: