EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Spurs apparently taking Bale on loan for the season. I wonder how much of his £600,000 a week wages they’re paying, I’d guess less than half.

Just read an article claiming Bale has  told his agent that he’d settle for £250,000 a week which apparently grabbed Daniel Levy’s attention.

Just read an article claiming Bale has  told his agent that he’d settle for £250,000 a week which apparently grabbed Daniel Levy’s attention.
I might drop Daniel Levy a wee email letting him know I'd be happy to settle for £100,000 a week.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I might drop Daniel Levy a wee email letting him know I'd be happy to settle for £100,000 a week.

Wand of a left foot? Or are you more of a kit man?

31 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Reguilon is a cracking signing as well. Spurs actually might not be as bad as I was expecting this season. Still need a backup striker though. And someone to replace Dier. He is mince.

They made an enquiry about Danny Ings. 

Southampton told them to bolt.

Edited by 8MileBU

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Thiago to Liverpool now official. That really is an excellent signing.

Although (as good as he's been for them to be fair) it's mad how Liverpool will still try to shoehorn Jordan Henderson into their midfield.

Henderson isn’t shoehorned in though. He’s genuinely the best at that job in the Liverpool squad currently and Thiago gives them that one type of central midfielder they’re lacking. 

Back to Thiago - I heard some idiot on the radio yesterday questioning why Liverpool would spend £25m and give a four year deal to a 29 year old. 🤯

Getting a world class midfielder for that price is a bargain by today’s standards and arguably most centre midfielders are still at their peak in their late 20’s/early 30’s. 

This is a poor signing.
If he is good then he’d already been in the Barclays.
Exactly. There's loads of players have played in Spain (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.) where, unfortunately, we'll never know if they were truly any good since they've never played in England.

I wonder who Klopp will drop for Thiago. It certainly shouldn't be Fabinho. Henderson brings a lot of energy but not much quality, can they afford to play with a lot less energy but a unbelievable quality? 

Big decisions ahead for the man with the big head.