EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

As a Spurs follower I get more frustrated each year. I don't think anyone can deny how well Levy runs things in terms of a 'business' but the lack of serious activity over the last three/ four seasons is almost negligent. How long has a back up for Kane been needed? Surely there comes a point where you're going to have to pay the going rate for players instead of scrimping and negotiation over every last bit of the fee?

Doherty will be a more consistent right back but there are still questions about the midfield - lots of players but so many not turning up in games (like Everton really!) and again the striking back up needs looked at. Moura or Son can't do it over a run of games.

Anyone seen anything about potential transfers incoming to Spurs? Seems ominously quiet again and i'm just waiting for a deadline day 'bargain' turning up having missed out on a huge number of better targets. Only good thing seems to be that if we do need to just dig out results this season then Mourinho may be the best fit....

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Can be no doubt that the most interesting story in the EPL this season will be Bielsa at Leeds.

Can't wait to see what happens with them.

Didn't see much of Leeds last season but they seemed to be either really good or really bad in the games i did catch. 

On the parts of the England game i seen last night Calvin Phillips seemed to play pretty well so it'll be interesting to see him in the top league as well. Leeds need a striker though, can't see Bamford isn't getting them 10+ goals.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You are at it, again. Zaha is a certified baller, McCarthy and McArthur are the best Scottish midfielders playing in the UK IMVHO.

I rate McTominay, Armstrong, Fraser (when on top form), McGinn and Fleck above that pair for starters. 

McCarthy chose to play for Ireland rather than the country where he was born and raised. McArthur, sadly, has now chosen not to play for Scotland.

You think the transfer market in England can't get anymore daft then Villa go out and spend circa £30 million on a guy from the Championship.

I know times change but it was only 15 years ago that £30 million would get you a genuinely world class striker. These days it gets you a striker who averages a goal roughly every 3 games and has never played at a higher level than the second tier.

17 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

You think the transfer market in England can't get anymore daft then Villa go out and spend circa £30 million on a guy from the Championship.

I know times change but it was only 15 years ago that £30 million would get you a genuinely world class striker. These days it gets you a striker who averages a goal roughly every 3 games and has never played at a higher level than the second tier.

Maupay went to Brighton from the same club for £20m the season before, and his goals kept the club up

So I suppose it's keep your club up inflation

Whole thing is a nonsense of course

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Klopp bitching about rich clubs spending hundreds of millions. Of course Liverpool's success isn't also down them also being a rich club spending hundreds of millions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54098364

It's amazing. He's crying about a club spending £40m more than Liverpool have in the last 5 years. 

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Klopp bitching about rich clubs spending hundreds of millions. Of course Liverpool's success isn't also down them also being a rich club spending hundreds of millions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54098364

"The Premier League champions have only signed Kostas Tsimikas for £11.7m, while Chelsea have spent about £200m."

Chelsea have raised around £200 million in player sales over the last 15 months. Last summer they sold Hazard, Morata (previously on loan) and a few fringe players. There are several more fringe players (e.g. Zappacosta, Kenedy and Bakayoko)  that could be sold too.

Klopp similarly  benefited from the big money that Liverpool got for Coutinho, Ings, Solanke and Ibe. He should keep Pot, kettle, black.

4 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Mental how he’s got a move to another premiership club, he’s rank

Agreed. 

Would have thought Sheffield United had learned their lesson getting guys like Ravel Morrison and Jack Rodwell who were completely useless for them. How do they keep getting big clubs wanting them? 

Maybe all have the same sweet talking agent ?