EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

On 17/08/2020 at 11:59, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon Pickford will end the same way.

What happened to him? I keep an eye on Everton's results due to an incredible hatred of Liverpool and when they signed him I thought it was a fantastic signing. He was brilliant in a dreadful Sunderland team (that right there could be me answering my own question) and now he is rotten.

The way he laughs after a cockup shows he has massive confidence issues. It's something I used to do when I made an arse of something as if I was almost getting in there first before people piled on, but it does him no favours as a professional player when he's pishing himself after another howler.

Goalkeepers are always hyped up when they’re playing in a worse team. They’re busier (which in itself can give the impression that they’re better than they actually are) so get more opportunity to pull off some exaggerated saves for the cameras as well as upping their save/shot ratio.

Add to that, when playing in a worse team it’s likely they’ll have a defence which sits deeper, so they’ll face an increased number of long shots which are more saveable - again making their stats look better.

That’s my incredibly non-scientific view on it anyway. Pickford’s just a Joe Hart v2.0 IMO.

27 minutes ago, supermik said:

Le Tiss, Nicholas and Thompson have all been sacked from Soccer Saturday 😧

Good.

Looking forward to the #ALM 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 meltdowns when their replacements are announced.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Needed freshening up. The act has grown tired and their lack of knowledge on football (And Tiss' lack of knowledge in general) has been an issue for years. Absolute morons with no redeemable features that the likes of Stelling & Kamara (Whom I'm not a fan of either) possess that allows them to get away with blethering shite.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Needed freshening up. The act has grown tired and their lack of knowledge on football (And Tiss' lack of knowledge in general) has been an issue for years. Absolute morons with no redeemable features that the likes of Stelling & Kamara (Whom I'm not a fan of either) possess that allows them to get away with blethering shite.

100%, though no idea how Merson has escaped the cull.

48 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Chelsea making moves again. £50 million for Chilwell.

They have raised over £200 million in transfer sales (including £13.5 million for Pasalic) over the last 15 months.  It has paid for Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner and Chilwell.

There are plenty more fringe players to sell to raise more cash - e.g. Emerson, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Kenedy, Moses and Miazga.

It's going to be another busy window at Stamford Bridge. Havertz and a new goalkeeper will probably be the next to come in. 

10 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

What happened to him? I keep an eye on Everton's results due to an incredible hatred of Liverpool and when they signed him I thought it was a fantastic signing. He was brilliant in a dreadful Sunderland team (that right there could be me answering my own question) and now he is rotten.

He had a good World Cup and got a massive ego.

England's International team seem to be the kiss of death for their own goalkeepers. They do well & look promising, get called up & turn shite. Long may it continue!

Jordan Pickford, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, Scott Carson, Rob Green, Chris Kirkland, Ben Foster (ok he's improved again, but it's a long time since he was capped)