How would Celtic and Rangers do in the Premier League

9 hours ago, TactiCalum said:

Thank you for your positivity, really encourages 13 year olds  like me to potentially be a journalist in Scottish football!

If you're really 13 years old you could get a journalista role with the Dundee Evening Telegraph. 

I’m not getting the link between journalism and something that is complete make believe.... ahh you want to work for the daily mail.

European games are not an indication of how a team would perform in a league. I know both comps include a league but it’s only 6 games and as rangers have proved you need a different style playing in Europe.

Rangers and Celtic in the English premier league? I think Celtic could get lower mid table if they are lucky, rangers relegated or just above and that’s with the teams as is, if they splashed some of the TV money then they might do better but the competition for players is fierce and players will be happier to choose London over Glasgow.

But it’s not going to happen, they would need to work themselves up through a proper pyramid system even if uefa allowed it.

2 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I’m not getting the link between journalism and something that is complete make believe.... ahh you want to work for the daily mail.

European games are not an indication of how a team would perform in a league. I know both comps include a league but it’s only 6 games and as rangers have proved you need a different style playing in Europe.

Rangers and Celtic in the English premier league? I think Celtic could get lower mid table if they are lucky, rangers relegated or just above and that’s with the teams as is, if they splashed some of the TV money then they might do better but the competition for players is fierce and players will be happier to choose London over Glasgow.

But it’s not going to happen, they would need to work themselves up through a proper pyramid system even if uefa allowed it.

No I don't want to work for the Daily Mail. I just posted a video which I thought Celtic and Rangers fans would find interesting, is that okay? I'm also far too young to be a journalist, I've got a YouTube channel about something I'm passionate about, that is all.

Current squads both would struggle, anywhere in the bottom 6.

The EPL is unforgiving, massive historically successful clubs like Leeds and Villa have both been relegated Leeds staying down for a long time. Big supported clubs like Newcastle, West Ham and Wolves have been relegated several times in the last 20yrs. The 2 biggest clubs, Liverpool and Man Utd have went 26 and 30 yrs between winning titles. So any OF fan thinking they would be guaranteed to compete are just wrong. They may challenge and win the league from time to time but they could also quite easily be relegated.

It probably comes down to whether a billionaire is willing to plough money into them or not.

Do they still attract the big supports if they have long periods of mediocrity? 

23 hours ago, ahemps said:

Current squads both would struggle, anywhere in the bottom 6.

The EPL is unforgiving, massive historically successful clubs like Leeds and Villa have both been relegated Leeds staying down for a long time. Big supported clubs like Newcastle, West Ham and Wolves have been relegated several times in the last 20yrs. The 2 biggest clubs, Liverpool and Man Utd have went 26 and 30 yrs between winning titles. So any OF fan thinking they would be guaranteed to compete are just wrong. They may challenge and win the league from time to time but they could also quite easily be relegated.

It probably comes down to whether a billionaire is willing to plough money into them or not.

Do they still attract the big supports if they have long periods of mediocrity? 

You have to think of sides like Newcastle and Sunderland, massive fan bases, local rivals, but nowhere in EPL terms. I'd expect Rangers and Celtic to be battling it out between League 1 and the Championship for decades before hitting the promised land of mid table EPL. And will their fans start drifting away to teams who play their away games in Scotland?

Edited by welshbairn

And will their fans start drifting away to teams who play their away games in Scotland?

1. I doubt there’s any sides left that would be bigoted enough for them
2. Wouldn’t want them at my club and I suspect many supporters of us “daddies” feel the same.

I’m out!

8 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

1. I doubt there’s any sides left that would be bigoted enough for them
2. Wouldn’t want them at my club and I suspect many supporters of us “daddies” feel the same.

I’m out!

I still have faith the next generation could evolve beyond the shackles of the 17th Century's missing link.

On 16/08/2020 at 11:40, TactiCalum said:

Thank you for your positivity, really encourages 13 year olds  like me to potentially be a journalist in Scottish football!

What you need to do is record yerself at the fitba. 

That's what 20 year old virgins do.

On 16/08/2020 at 13:10, Beth Paige-Black said:

Celtic would come mid-table.  Rangers would produce an 'Aston Villa style'  escape only to be deducted 12 points after ignoring a final warning for sectarian singing.  

England is fantastic at pretending that crowds are well behaved and nothing ever happens in the greatest league that has and will ever exist.

Unlike Scotland they've managed to get the media and fan groups singing from the same hymn sheet and I'm sure they would just sugarcoat the songs they both sing.

• 3 weeks later...