How would Celtic and Rangers do in the Premier League

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 11:03, G51 said:

Please... Mr Desmond... think of the discourse 

Spoiler: it’ll never happen and we shouldn’t want it to either

Having just recently joined this forum recently but having read it regularly are you sure you and AJF are Rangers supporters?

You both seem way too sensible and reasonable!!

Edited by WilliamBragg

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2020 at 20:45, WilliamBragg said:

Having just recently joined this forum recently but having read it regularly are you sure you and AJF are Rangers supporters?

You both seem way too sensible and reasonable!!

How many "recentlys" did that post have before it was edited?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope Celtic and Rangers stay in the Scottish League.

I am not ant-English, but it would be embarrassing for people to think Scotland is part of England, 

We should use the Old Firm to develop a cross border European trophy with other small to medium football power nations. So all our clubs in the Scottish Premier get to play decent sides from all over Europe in a multi nation club trophy on top of domestic football, and on top of the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League. 

It would be great if we could have a cross border cup with clubs from countries like Poland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal,

That way Celtic and Rangers get to play more top foreign sides, but the idea would allow the other Scottish Premier sides to play top foreign sides.. 

We could even allow Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa sides to play club sides  in a cross border trophy with Scottish sides, 

We need to look outside of England. 

Also another really annoying problem with Celtic and Rangers joining the English League is that they would be expected to start off the bottom tier.

It could take them decades to re-build and get up from the non-league system  through the EFL and then into the EPL and to challenge for the EPL.

They could take decades to win a major trophy, It would be humiliating for the two biggest Scottish sides to go decades without winning a trophy, 

Let's exploit the size of the Old Firm to be more ambitious and play a cross border cup with other European nations, 

I would love games like Celtic v Ajax, Rangers v Basel, Aberdeen v AEK Athens, AIK Stockholm v Hibernian, Heart of Midlothian v Legia Warsaw and Dundee United v Brondby. That way we keep our own league but also have a cross border games with big glamorous European sides, 

Forget about joining the EPL. EFL or English Non-League, Go for something bigger. A cross border European trophy, 

On 08/03/2021 at 18:35, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I hope Celtic and Rangers stay in the Scottish League.

I am not ant-English, but it would be embarrassing for people to think Scotland is part of England, 

We should use the Old Firm to develop a cross border European trophy with other small to medium football power nations. So all our clubs in the Scottish Premier get to play decent sides from all over Europe in a multi nation club trophy on top of domestic football, and on top of the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League. 

It would be great if we could have a cross border cup with clubs from countries like Poland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal,

That way Celtic and Rangers get to play more top foreign sides, but the idea would allow the other Scottish Premier sides to play top foreign sides.. 

We could even allow Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa sides to play club sides  in a cross border trophy with Scottish sides, 

We need to look outside of England. 

Also another really annoying problem with Celtic and Rangers joining the English League is that they would be expected to start off the bottom tier.

It could take them decades to re-build and get up from the non-league system  through the EFL and then into the EPL and to challenge for the EPL.

They could take decades to win a major trophy, It would be humiliating for the two biggest Scottish sides to go decades without winning a trophy, 

Let's exploit the size of the Old Firm to be more ambitious and play a cross border cup with other European nations, 

I would love games like Celtic v Ajax, Rangers v Basel, Aberdeen v AEK Athens, AIK Stockholm v Hibernian, Heart of Midlothian v Legia Warsaw and Dundee United v Brondby. That way we keep our own league but also have a cross border games with big glamorous European sides, 

Forget about joining the EPL. EFL or English Non-League, Go for something bigger. A cross border European trophy, 

Ever heard of the Europa League mate?

• 1 year later...

Don't want to join their tourist league.

I like Scotland, I like our football, I like our passion, and energy.

So I don't care how we would do, I'd rather have a club full of heart and soul than tourists who pull out their phones to record an opponent scoring against you. It's a sham of a league.

• 3 months later...

It's a bit of a dead topic this one because it's never happening, and I wouldn't want it to either.

But if it did, nobody could deny we'd be competitive right away. Top half to begin with & eventually mixing with the 'big 6' after a few years of Premier League money. They don't have atmospheres like ours down south, imagine teams like Bournemouth or Fulham coming to Paradise. 😂

3 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

Love how people act like they're some farmer fodder club & that they didn't beat Mourinho's Roma twice including a 6-1.

Do you?  That's nice. 

Not relevant of course, because I didn't do that, but nice anyway.  

I merely made the point that more impoverished clubs than the ones you derided, have coped fine with what you cringingly called Paradise and its atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you?  That's nice. 

Not relevant of course, because I didn't do that, but nice anyway.  

I merely made the point that more impoverished clubs than the ones you derided, have coped fine with what you cringingly called Paradise and its atmosphere.

Bodo Glimt would beat clubs like Bournemouth & Fulham, so I agree that your point is totally irrelevant.