How would Celtic and Rangers do in the Premier League

A question asked all the time, where would the old-firm finish in England came to my mind. I decided you could find out by more than just a rough guess. I managed to find the ratio between Man Utd, Arsenal and Wolves' Europa League to Premier League stats and from that I managed to work out how Celtic and Rangers would perform. I figured out who would get the most tackles, goals and key passes and most importantly where they would finish. I hope you take 3 minutes out your day to watch a video that took much longer. 

1 hour ago, TactiCalum said:

A question asked all the time, where would the old-firm finish in England came to my mind. I decided you could find out by more than just a rough guess. I managed to find the ratio between Man Utd, Arsenal and Wolves' Europa League to Premier League stats and from that I managed to work out how Celtic and Rangers would perform. I figured out who would get the most tackles, goals and key passes and most importantly where they would finish. I hope you take 3 minutes out your day to watch a video that took much longer. 

The phrase you're looking for here is 'made up'.

From a Rangers perspective I’m not sure how they would do as they would have a completely different squad of players obviously on a higher salary and match day attendances don’t really matter as much once teams get to the Premiership. I don’t buy into the argument that they’d be guaranteed to be competing at the top just because of the size of the club.  

With the players they have now they are probs around upper-Championship to lower-Premiership level.

Edited by thepundit

59 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

there is zero chance of it ever happening unless the whole national league format caves in all across Europe.

Rangers missed their chance when they applied for Scottish 3rd Division back in 2012

Would have been a non starter anyway as the entry level leagues down south are regionalised. 

Would have been quite happy seeing them working their way up through those divisions rather than spending 4 seasons working our way up to a division that we’ve been trying to escape up here.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Watching how their supporters would react to being like Newcastle and Sunderland rather than Man United and Man City would be interesting to watch unfold, but there is zero chance of it ever happening unless the whole national league format caves in all across Europe.

Celtic seem pretty well run so I reckon after a few seasons they would stabilise and become a consistent top flight team. Rangers on the other hand...

They'd both be dead within a decade. They cannot function without their supremacy. 

The idea of ***s or ***s having to pay 60 quid to watch their idols being horsed at home by West Brom would quickly lose appeal. Added to that, some wealthy owner, with no connection to the clubs, would hoover up their traditions in favour of TV-friendly blandness. 

Sounds wonderful.