Please sign and save elderly lives.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/petition-temporarily-ban-cyclists-portobello-18744436

One of the problems of the computer decade is pop ups of women in undress when you're trying to access illegal football streams, another is mumsnet style petitions for trivial stuff like the need for a third Puffin crossing when there's another two perfectly fine pelican crossing within 500 yards and an excellent recently renewed wide path spanning beyond both existing crossings.   But in Portobello we have a new Ebola, a Covid on wheels if you like whereby largely unemployed gentlemen are talking their life-frustrations by playing human skittles with weak older ladies.  Bumping into them with their rubbered 21" wheels and infecting them with Covid-19.    These woman can remember VJ day.  These woman have wheel-based shopping trolleys.   These women bingo.    I was going to say these women built the Portobello to Get the f**k out of Edinburgh promenade but that would be wrong because these jobs back then would be the domain of the man which explains the slip in construction standards since they got the vote.   

I've known the petitioner Mrs Purves for many years on local road safety campaigns and she's excellent company, a great dresser, but more importantly an excellent supporter of tarmac for cars 'n' taxis. 

Please sign and save elderly lives and local businesses and other stuff.  

2 minutes ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/petition-temporarily-ban-cyclists-portobello-18744436

One of the problems of the computer decade is pop ups of women in undress when you're trying to access illegal football streams, another is mumsnet style petitions for trivial stuff like the need for a third Puffin crossing when there's another two perfectly fine pelican crossing within 500 yards and an excellent recently renewed wide path spanning beyond both existing crossings.   But in Portobello we have a new Ebola, a Covid on wheels if you like whereby largely unemployed gentlemen are talking their life-frustrations by playing human skittles with weak older ladies.  Bumping into them with their rubbered 21" wheels and infecting them with Covid-19.    These woman can remember VJ day.  These woman have wheel-based shopping trolleys.   These women bingo.    I was going to say these women built the Portobello to Get the f**k out of Edinburgh promenade but that would be wrong because these jobs back then would be the domain of the man which explains the slip in construction standards since they got the vote.   

I've known the petitioner Mrs Purves for many years on local road safety campaigns and she's excellent company, a great dresser, but more importantly an excellent supporter of tarmac for cars 'n' taxis. 

Please sign and save elderly lives and local businesses and other stuff.  

Might be easier to move the complainers to #Perthshire

Just now, Tynierose said:

Well firstly I'm not a Mrs though the Mrs does wear the trousers.

Been to pitlochry, elie beach, North Berwick and St Andrews  last month

I edited that quick.   Although I was unsure, me being new to the forum and all that......  

Some good choices of escapetowns.   One of the things I love about North Berwick is when you leave the harbour to the west the gradient ramps up along with the age demographics.   Little stat for you is that there's 60% less cyclists per capita in North Berwick than Nairn.    Might even be less post-Covid.  

5 minutes ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

I edited that quick.   Although I was unsure, me being new to the forum and all that......  

Some good choices of escapetowns.   One of the things I love about North Berwick is when you leave the harbour to the west the gradient ramps up along with the age demographics.   Little stat for you is that there's 60% less cyclists per capita in North Berwick than Nairn.    Might even be less post-Covid.  

Old money dog-eared Mercedes is probably the typical mode of transport there. Something the be-beige slacked gent can drive whilst still wearing his golf spikes.

9 hours ago, Beth Paige-Black said:

Cheryl Cole Okay GIF - CherylCole Okay Awkward GIFs

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

PerthshireBell. Fan of the all new Kia Ceed (it's a petrol), not a fan of cyclists.

He’s spot on, just back from the Aviemore area, the cyclists are worse than the midgeys, they’re a pain in the fucking arse

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

He’s spot on, just back from the Aviemore area, the cyclists are worse than the midgeys, they're a pain in the fucking arse

Did they park their bikes while you were lying pished?

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
On 15/08/2020 at 22:42, Tynierose said:
Used to enjoy playing Bethpage Black in Tiger Woods gowf.

My mate has played Bethpage Black. Loved it and hated it in equal measure.

I played it in 2015.  It's a hard but not great course.    You get allocated a time like the old course St Andrews.