How pish are Barcelona?

15 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

I'm not sure if it's an age thing or what the situation was but they did next to no pressing from the front last night. Defensively they were a minimum of 2 men down from the start with Messi and Suarez just not interested. It only got worse as the game went on. 

Bayern were very good last night but so much of their success was just through identifying and playing that direct pass you mentioned.

They seemed to do it in bursts. There was a five minute spell when Suarez went after everything then just stopped. Messi's head went after the fifth.

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

His team also finished 8th in the league did they not?

Absolutely. He's a marked upgrade on a clearly finished Suarez. You're proclaiming some no mark CM to be better than De Jong (a player you were absolutely raving about last year) and Busquets (another player you were absolutely mad about). 

It's really simple to understand but I'll write it out again for you. Matteo Guendouzi is barely good enough for Arsenal. In no way would he improve, or help move a team like Barcelona back to levels they wish to achieve. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

With Alena and Trincao coming back from loan ready to play that will add a bit of youth and verve, well Alena is youngish.  

I don't think the other one they signed in January Fernandes or whatever is ready, but they also have Dembele fit now who has hardly featured at all, as well as Puig and Fati, and probably soon Garcia.  Araujo might have a chance too.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely. He's a marked upgrade on a clearly finished Suarez. You're proclaiming some no mark CM to be better than De Jong (a player you were absolutely raving about last year) and Busquets (another player you were absolutely mad about). 

It's really simple to understand but I'll write it out again for you. Matteo Guendouzi is barely good enough for Arsenal. In no way would he improve, or help move a team like Barcelona back to levels they wish to achieve. 

No, you're putting words in my mouth. They need a squad, he would certainly improve that and be a good option, and Busquets is done, his legs have gone. You'd be as well playing Xavi in there now, so he would also be an upgrade on him.  

Guendouzi was one of Arsenal's best players before the fallout and was barely 21 at the time. He'll be an excellent player and would be first choice at Arsenal who don't have a midfield if not for off the park issues.

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You don't think Aubaumeyang would improve them?  Your argument is pish then isn't it. He would definitely improve them.  

How were you lost to the game? We had you, you played but somehow your potential was missed. Very sad.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No, you're putting words in my mouth. 

If you wish to read back, I think you'll find you put words on the screen I had nothing to do with putting anything into your mouth. 

Good climb down, you're learning. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

If you wish to read back, I think you'll find you put words on the screen I had nothing to do with putting anything into your mouth. 

Good climb down, you're learning. 

No, I said he would improve them. He would, you somehow inferred that means he's better than de Jong, who nobody mentioned, and Busquets, who is finished so he probably is.  

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Yet, he wouldn't be on the park. 

Yes he would an awful lot of the time. If you let Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Rafinha go they don't have too many other midfielders.

The squad would be shaping up something like this

Ter Stegen

Neto

Cancelo

Roberto

Upemecano 

Lenglet

Garcia

Aruajo

One other or Umtiti

Alba

Tagliafico

De Jong

Pjanic

Guendouzi

Alena

Piug

One other

Messi

Aubaumeyang

Martinez

Dembele

Fati

Trincao

All while reducing the wage bill and breaking even in transfer fees.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yes they would. Again, how can you watch that midfield last night and not think Geundouzi would improve them?  

Because he is shite

So much so Arsenal are trying to offload him....

Villareal looking to get him on loan

Lyon maybe a swap deal.

Why would Arsenal want rid of this 21 year old superstar? 

Lorient manager thought his attitude was shite. Arteta thinks his attitude is shite.

But he will be ideal for Barcelona... 

Edited by G_Man1985

Longest unbeaten home record in champions league (still intact) and 2 home defeats in three seasons in one of the best leagues in the world. The away form in Europe is hilarious but let’s not forget they were unlucky to get knocked out to both Liverpool and Roma on aggregate and even overturned a 4-0 defeat in Paris. They aren’t pish but have certainly gone downhill since the era they had arguably the best team in history.  I can’t see them them drifting to the depths of an AC Milan and Man Utd just yet. When Messi leaves in a couple seasons though?