FM21

ajwffc

On 12/09/2020 at 21:30, BallochSonsFan said:

Got to say that I'm starting to really dislike FM20.

I changed PCs about 6 weeks ago. Reinstalled FM20. I've gone from absolutely pissing the game with whatever team I manager to just being absolutely piss. Tactics that worked fantastically well previously just don't now and that's on a fresh install of the game and starting new seasons from scratch. Not sure if there has been a recent patch that's changed the match engine but it seems to be worse now than it was a couple of months ago.

Exact thing is happening to me. Thought I was going mental. Had to reset my laptop about 5 or 6 weeks ago and re-install things. I didn't notice it instantly, but I've really become aware in the last week or 2 that it's happening and it's really annoying me. I only got FM20 back in April after playing 19 for a few months and tactically, I noticed big differences in the 2. It took me a good few weeks to actually start enjoying FM20 because I really couldn't settle on a tactic.

Then I finally found my magic formula, and had some great fun but like you, I'm now getting mightily pissed off at my sudden change of fortunes. Even jumped on my Ajax save last night for a quick couple of games, scraped a 1-0 win at home to Excelsior and got gubbed 3-0 at Groningen on the final day. I'd only lost once all season prior to that. Really losing motivation to continue playing 20 now.

14 hours ago, Mr X said:

I can't not buy this but I have a horrible feeling I'm going to be disappointed :(

Can't say the match engine looked much different to last yearr

Seen good and bad in it. Does seem a bit more central play, but one of the counter attack goals they scored had a striker peel off a CB who tracked his run almost exactly, including a wee move to the side, whereas in reality you'd expect your CB to just keep going straight to try and cut out the cross, as they'll know they've lost their man.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen good and bad in it. Does seem a bit more central play, but one of the counter attack goals they scored had a striker peel off a CB who tracked his run almost exactly, including a wee move to the side, whereas in reality you'd expect your CB to just keep going straight to try and cut out the cross, as they'll know they've lost their man.

I guess it just didnt look THAT different given all the hype over it. I only watched snippets, though. No way I could sit through 2 hours of Miles Jacobson, the guy really is an arse.

I think the  red flag for me was when he was explaining why they condition %s have been replaced by ratings - "some players wouldnt start someone if they were under 97% fitness".  Yeah, Miles, those people are called fuckin idiots and arent really a basis around which to build a game :rolleyes:

Im calling it now, within 5 years all the numbers will have gone to be replaced by smiley faces and thumbs up

Just now, Mr X said:

I guess it just didnt look THAT different given all the hype over it. I only watched snippets, though.

I watched one game last night, then just snippets on my lunch today.

I don't see a huge difference tbh, but there was definitely more interplay between attackers in/around the box. But also clearly issues with defenders marking.

Guess one of those where you just wait and see. The rest of the "improvements" aren't tbf, so I'm hoping that the ME, and AI squad building is improved over a long term save, rest I couldn't care less about really.

On 15/08/2020 at 10:41, Mr X said:

Unless theres a dramatic rewrite of the game - which there wont be - I think this is going to be the first time in nearly 30 years that I wont bother getting it :( 

On 15/08/2020 at 22:25, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I realise you may not buy FM21 but people say this every year, then buy upon release.

On 05/11/2020 at 23:14, Mr X said:

I can't not buy this but I have a horrible feeling I'm going to be disappointed :(