FM21

ajwffc

9 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

All seems pretty reasonable. I would have preferred the real start dates as an option but the rest seems fair enough

I guess theres a chance they might actually get the Scottish lower league finances right this year :rolleyes:

On 20/10/2020 at 09:10, G_Man1985 said:

2012 is doing me good. Currently managing in Romania 

I still dip into an old save with Benfica on FM 2010 every few weeks. I'm into the year 2079 (IIRC) and the Scottish Premiership is in some state with Rangers regularly battling relegation and teams like Airdrie and Alloa battling for the title with Celtic :lol:

Edited by RiG

On 13/10/2020 at 10:07, Mr X said:

Im sorry, I had no idea I was talking to the real life St Johnstone manager.

I'd understand adding shortened seasons as an option, like there is to use Real Fixtures, but making it compulsory with no context is a bit shit. Knowing SI, they'll still start pre-season in June and there will be over 4 months of pre-season, probably with as many friendlies as you like :rolleyes:

Apparently adding options like that is effectively creating 2 separate games. That's according to Miles on twitter when I suggested having a 'covid option' at the start of a new game for features like covid injuries, no crowds at games etc etc.

I think FM20 is the one out of all FM's since I started playing that I have played the least. I'm in 2023/2024 iirc. Whereas on 17 or 18 I got to 2038ish with a journeyman save around the world.

Probably not gonna get FM21 and just keep plodding along with Inter Bratislava on FM20.

On 21/10/2020 at 10:33, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I think FM20 is the one out of all FM's since I started playing that I have played the least. I'm in 2023/2024 iirc. Whereas on 17 or 18 I got to 2038ish with a journeyman save around the world.

Probably not gonna get FM21 and just keep plodding along with Inter Bratislava on FM20.

I had a really enjoyable journeyman save in FM17 which went something like Unemployed > Brechin City > Alloa > Norwich > West Ham > Rangers > Fiorentina > Australia > Crotone > Porto.

I turned Alloa into an established Premier League team, won back to back titles at Rangers, took Australia to the World Cup semis and won Serie A with Crotone.

I'd probably like to pick that save up again actually. It was a good one.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had a really enjoyable journeyman save in FM17 which went something like Unemployed > Brechin City > Alloa > Norwich > West Ham > Rangers > Fiorentina > Australia > Crotone > Porto.

I turned Alloa into an established Premier League team, won back to back titles at Rangers, took Australia to the World Cup semis and won Serie A with Crotone.

I'd probably like to pick that save up again actually. It was a good one.

My journeyman save started off as an Alphabet challenge. Basically starting at A, win the top division and then move onto the next letter.

I won the Austrain premier league with Rapid Vienna, Belgian with Gent, Chilean with Colo Colo and then got stuck in Denmark with Aalborg. I just couldnt get near Copenhagen. I could offer a max 15-20k a week whereas Copenhagen were offering up to about 60k a week.

After Aalborg I managed Trabzonspor, Nice, Steaua Bucharest, Jamaica (for 1 match) and then Man City. I won nothing with Trabzonspor, 3 or 4 cups between Nice and Steaua and nothing at City.

By the time I got to Man City it was about 2036 and all regens so I got bored shortly after I started there.

Still managed to rack up about 400 hours game time, though!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Apparently adding options like that is effectively creating 2 separate games. That's according to Miles on twitter when I suggested having a 'covid option' at the start of a new game for features like covid injuries, no crowds at games etc etc.

Yeah, that sound's like bollocks. It's just a different calendar and fixture list. You already have the option to use real fixtures or not.

Any changes for season 1 will be gone in season 2, so ignoring them in season 1 wouldnt be difficult.

Eta - in other words they've already created two games, a covid one for season 1and a normal one for season 2 onwards. Making the normal one apply from the start would be a simple thing to do if they wanted

57 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, that sound's like bollocks. It's just a different calendar and fixture list. You already have the option to use real fixtures or not.

Any changes for season 1 will be gone in season 2, so ignoring them in season 1 wouldnt be difficult.

Eta - in other words they've already created two games, a covid one for season 1and a normal one for season 2 onwards. Making the normal one apply from the start would be a simple thing to do if they wanted

Tbh, Miles is a bit of a dick on Twitter. Comes across as an argumentative arrogant twat sometimes.

The way he replied you'd have thought I had suggested adding in every tier in every playable country from Premier League to Sunday league with official kits, badges and face packs for all!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

10 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Tbh, Miles is a bit of a dick on Twitter.

Tbf if you had to put up with the FM fan base week in, week out, for a decade, you'd be short tempered too.

The reaction every single year when the game gets announced is genuinely mental. Folk on the SI forum have been having a heads gone for the past 2 weeks over the smallest things, and its the same every year, all year.

Some of the game isn't great, but you've got folk saying they arent buying the game in a newgen aged 17 has a moustache.

Tbf if you had to put up with the FM fan base week in, week out, for a decade, you'd be short tempered too.
The reaction every single year when the game gets announced is genuinely mental. Folk on the SI forum have been having a heads gone for the past 2 weeks over the smallest things, and its the same every year, all year.
Some of the game isn't great, but you've got folk saying they arent buying the game in a newgen aged 17 has a moustache.
He doesn't have to put up with anything. He could quite easily not be on twitter.

He's always been a bit of a dick

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye he does get some shit sometimes.

But here's my suggestion to him. I wasnt giving him a hard time in the slightest.

Screenshot_20201028-092340_Twitter.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

He doesn't have to put up with anything. He could quite easily not be on twitter.

He's always been a bit of a dick

Not just Miles but on their forums. The mods shut/delete every post that is negative about FM. 

“You now have the ability to ask players to speed up their contract decision, perfect for crazy deadline days.”

That’s got to be the most pointless feature ever. Don’t think I’ve ever had a player not sign for me because the contract decision went on past deadline day...

31 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

“You now have the ability to ask players to speed up their contract decision, perfect for crazy deadline days.”

That’s got to be the most pointless feature ever. Don’t think I’ve ever had a player not sign for me because the contract decision went on past deadline day...

The fact they’re trying to push ‘hugging your player’ and ‘throwing a water bottle’ as the main features is taking the piss :lol: 

On 28/10/2020 at 15:05, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I've had that once, on my career thread.

Had a deal agreed going into deadline day, board takeover attempt the night before deadline day cancelled the deal. Deadline day was about half done when the takeover failed. Went back to team to get deal done, then onto contract talks, but ran out of time before it could all be completed again.