FM21

ajwffc

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Been slowly building my Dumbarton side up, currently in the Championship. A 17 year old regen called David Park got released from Hibs last season and I thought he had potential. Signed him up, sent him out on loan to League 1 Queen of the South, where he scored 5 goals and 9 assists from AM, his stats all got quite a bit better. He comes back and I put him straight into the team. Play the first Betfred Cup match where he played a blinder and the next day I have an offer from Hibs on the table. Park is incredibly interested and won't take any of my shite in convincing him, he needs to be playing Premiership football NOW OR NEVER. He's now an unhappy wee c**t refusing to speak to me. Shite like this happens to me all the time, I never seem to be able to demand good money for these guys either, Hibs offering about 3 fucking grand and a friendly. I really thought I'd built a team capable of winning the league but this wee c**t has upset the Dynamics and I'm having team meetings with c***s telling me to sell him for a pittance to Hibs. f**k this game man. 

I decided I was just going to deal with him being unhappy but keep playing him every week until he felt happier and hope I could convince him to stay, but Motherwell came in and kept upping their bids. I eventually settled for £100K, 50% of next sale and a loan back for the season. Considering I was going to lose the guy for free next summer I can't help but feel I've mugged them off a bit. If he reaches potential, that 50% is going to be game changing for the part time Sons. I like this game. 

Started a new save with Scotland during the last international break to see if I could do better than Steve Clarke with the squad he has. used the newest database with all new transfers in it but also declared Che Adams for us. Was going to try and play the same tactics as Clarke but soon decided there was better ways to get the best out the squad. 

Went with A 4-2-3-1

Qualified for the Euros and managed to make it to the semi finals before losing a 2 goal lead to Holland. Thankfully they went on to beat England in the final.

Managed to top a World cup qualifying group ahead of Spain and have Mexico, Czech Republic and Qatar in the group stages to come. Thank god Qatar came out of pot 1 otherwise it could have been a very tough group. I am now ranked 18 in the world so was actually in pot 2 for the draw.

Goalkeepers - A massive problem here. Gordon retired after the Euros so been between Clark and McCrorie with Clark probably just the better of the 2.

RB- Been starting Tierney here with Patterson and Hickey in the squad to cover but both have played and performed well.

CB- Hendry, Cooper, Souttar and Hanley have all filled the slots and still cant decide on a pairing but Porteous has since come and and done well

LB - Obviously a no brainer here but have Hickey as back 

CM- Best pairing has probably been McGregor and McTominay but having McGinn and Gilmour as back ups has been great and could easily play any combination of the 4 and not have any drop in quality.

RW - Forrest with Olly Burke as a replacement. Not great admittedly but hopefully get good younger players making a breakthrough

LW - Christie generally starts with Fraser as a sub but Fraser can just as easily play on the right if needed

AM - Between Gauld and Turnbull for starting but Ferguson has also come in and done a job

ST - Che Adams all day long. He has hit 19 goals in 28 starts and if fit then he absolutely will start every game.

The squad is actually very good and its also very young so will hopefully get better. 

On 16/09/2021 at 11:21, The Moonster said:

I decided I was just going to deal with him being unhappy but keep playing him every week until he felt happier and hope I could convince him to stay, but Motherwell came in and kept upping their bids. I eventually settled for £100K, 50% of next sale and a loan back for the season. Considering I was going to lose the guy for free next summer I can't help but feel I've mugged them off a bit. If he reaches potential, that 50% is going to be game changing for the part time Sons. I like this game. 

We won the Championship. We went full time. I stuck by the lads who got us there with a couple of key signings in areas we were weak. A Brazilian winger who I thought would change the game for me ended up being a complete c**t who didn't bother his arse and upset the whole team. We've just been relegated with 23 points. 

Rebuild GIFs | Tenor

I started a save with Norwich in the English championship and won the league at the first attempt, a few seasons of mid table mediocrity before a shocking start in the fifth season saw me sacked, my squad was brilliant but just didn't click. The Celtic manager took my place so i applied and got the job, Rangers stopped 10iar on the save and haven't won it again, i have now won it 22 times in a row and one champions league. Reason for the post, has anyone had a better striker than this guy ? He really is phenomenal, have attached his league goals but he got 103 goals in 51 games last season in all competitions.

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

19th of February 2031, Dundee are 6 points clear of Hearts as they both make a bid to be the first non-OF side to win the league since Aberdeen in 1985, some 46 years ago. Table stands as such:

image.png.e435485e72245922cc5c1d5ac3cbf69e.png

Celtic have sacked manager Darren Fletcher and are in talks to bring Henrik Larsson back for a second managerial spell. John Kennedy currently caretakers the club. Rangers are managed by Dave Mackay after sacking Colin Calderwood in the summer. Dundee are led by Mark Kerr who joined from Ayr in 2024. Simon Rusk manages Hearts, having joined from Ross County in 2030 and was at Dunfermline beforehand. Hibs are managed by long serving manager Brian Rice in his 6th season in charge.

Aberdeen have Lee Miller, Inverness have Frazier Campbell (:D), St Mirren have Ian Cameron, Ross County have journeyman manager Russell Latapy who has managed Falkirk, Hamilton and St Mirren in his travels. Hamilton have been led by Steven Naismith for the last 3 seasons, moving from Partick where he managed for 2 seasons. Finally Falkirk are managed by Martin Paterson but look utterly doomed. 

Other hilarities include Ray McKinnon's ongoing 11 year stay at Queen's Park, Stevie May's Partick Thistle bottom of the Championship. Darren Ferguson'
s St Johnstone are top of League 1, everything went to shit after they sacked Dave Mackay in 2028. Scott Bain managing Queen of the South in League 1 also a highlight. 

I'll update this once the season is over to see if someone can finally make history. We've got the R16 of the Euro II to worry about also however. 

Edited by ATLIS

Here's one thing that I can't make any sense of...

I'm currently in charge of Raith Rovers (having been at a couple of clubs prior). I looked back to check this out; I have played against 10 men on 12 occasions since taking over. Indeed, one of those occasions ultimately was against 9 men. I have scored a grand total of 0 goals. ZERO. In my three full seasons we won League 1 and finished twice in the top half of the Championship, so it's not like we've been a poor side.

We've hit form at the perfect time. no wins in 6 immediately followed up by 5 wins from 5 going into the split. 

Dundee lead a chasing pack of 3 by 4 points, 5th by 5 and Celtic in 6th by 7.

image.png.e7aa2cbc541aa27c29317fb86bd8d0ac.png

We travel to Dundee away on the final day of the season.

Edited by ATLIS

image.png.77db0260616842e8ae0d87522b891e98.png

Dundee chuck it against Hibs losing 2-1 from 1-0 up. We draw with a late equaliser against Rangers. 2 games to go, 3 points behind. Hibs and Rangers need to win both games to stay in the race. It looks all but guaranteed we have a non-OF winner. 

We're at home to Hibs before the final game away to Dundee, the only issue is our star Brazilian winger Vinicius Henrique has torn his hamstring and is out for three months. Great. 

Dundee host Hearts and then us on the final day. 

All to play for. Someone spare a thought for poor Falkirk though! 

Rangers are now managed by Steven Naismith after sacking Mackay, Larsson is at Celtic for his second spell 

Edited by ATLIS

leaguetable.JPG.21067f7279747681fa6a619c3f7ce2ca.JPG

We thump Hibs to end their dreams, Rangers beat Celtic but it isn't enough. Dundee draw with Hearts 0-0. 

We've got ourselves an old fashion shootout in 90 minutes for the title. We go to the Kilmac Stadium needing a win to secure the title. 

Is it going to be some of this:

See the source image

Or some of this:

See the source image

Or maybe a little bit of this:

See the source image

Teamsheets are in, Willie Collum the ref on the day. Veterans Dele Alli, Lyndon Dykes and Andy Robertson go into their final games at Livi aged 35, 35 and 37 respectively. Former Dundee man Tam Allan starts in the middle for Livi. 

Ricky Jade-Jones up front for Livi has 53 in 59 via all competitions this season while Dundee's Gordon Cameron has 22 in 42. Dundee veteran Brian McMillan is set to make his 228th Dundee appearance this afternoon also. Ex-Livi man Ben Shanahan starts for Dundee following his summer transfer from Celtic.

sheet.thumb.JPG.81cae54093d5b8424a2198fcea72e7a8.JPG

31' - Jones is denied from close range by Slicker
42' - Josemar denies Lo-Everton with a good free kick caught by the Brazilian
42' - Instant break from Livi as Slicker again denies Jones on the break
45' - HT, the sides go in level at the break. Dundee will be the happier of the two sides and are 45 minutes from glory
57' - Double sub for Livi in the middle as Kawan Michel and Tam Allan are replaced by Shane Maclean and Arben Ajeti
68'- GOAL LIVINGSTON! Lee O'Connor gives away a deep free kick, it's laid off to Ajeti who plays a long through ball to Jones who slams past Slicker.
70' - Dundee go to a 4222 formation as Livi slide backwards to a asymmetrical 41212 with Ibarra leaving the field for Dele Alli
80' - CLOSE! Almost a second for Livi as Salvatori bombs up the vacant wing from RWB and crosses in for Jones who heads over from close
87' - GOAL! It's 2-0 to Livingston, some close play between Alli and Salvatori ends up with a through ball for the pacey striker who slots beyond Slicker from the left this time. It looks like the title is heading to West Lothian!
94'- FT The title heads to Almondvale for the first time as the Lions seal the league.

league.png.7f599a2e57d1fb7cbc05cbae8513ef87.png

Edited by ATLIS

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find something to get stuck into until FM22 is out therefore I have downloaded a Newcastle takeover mod to see how long it takes to win everything. 

First/summer transfer window saw a 90m spending spree and upgrades in just about every position. 

image.png.129b0b68703b46ebb9f58b4a08c9bd14.png

On 04/10/2021 at 14:38, The Moonster said:

Ricky Jade-Jones is a top lad, smashed it for Bristol Rovers in one of my other saves. 

Genuinely just such a great striker. He's fought off every replacement I tried to find :D 399 appearances and 289 goals for me in 2031. Not bad for costing 350k in 2020. Won a European Golden Shoe, Euro Conference League golden boot, Europa Player of the Season, Europa golden boot and 7 Premiership top scorer awards. Top lad.

His record is incredible 

image.png.59627b719d368b0fb8cb7530adc5ff3a.png