FM21

ajwffc

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

1860 Munich look more appealing if I'm heading there. Trying to become the top team in Munich.

There was a database on a previous version called Iron Curtain, but couldn't see it in the workshop. A stacked USSR Super League, Yugoslavian league and national team and East and West Germany. Plus the old 3 foreigner rule and the Cup Winners Cup. Would love to play that shit on this version

That sounds excellent. Would love to give that a go.

Got the Ton up in my second season, first one losing out on promotion via a last minute play off final goal...

The board gave me f**k all, playing with mainly Championship players and in the first half of the season I got SQUASHED. Celtic scored 7 against me in the first game of the season, all from range. And this become a theme game after game after game, I couldn't understand how to stop conceding long range pearlers. I lost every game until the 31st December bar two.

At the turn of the year I got a few results but now my team can't hold onto leads; cost me 9 points from 12 and now I'm marooned at the bottom to County by 3 and Motherwell by 5 with an embarrassingly high negative GD.

I thought about resigning but what's the point? I reckon they'll still keep me on when I go down.

Been playing a Scotland save I started a couple of months back again recently. 

First off we qualified for Euro 2020/2021 with 2 very good results. 

image.png.608b6ed7054c8a329665578fecb70fd1.png

image.png.ac2ee8e51d8b585b2793f6f620792c8b.png

The group was like our one IRL only with France instead of Croatia. 2 narrow 1-0 defeats to Czech and France left a mountain to climb in the final game against an England side who were also struggling after only 1 point in their opening 2 games. 

image.png.7c190b3e84079471df0eeff641d581e4.png

Craig Gordon saved a Kane penalty which lead to Adams winner. We countered from their corner. Never celebrated a goal in FM like that in a long, long time :lol: 

Unfortunately Switzerland won 3-1 AET in the round of 16 against us. 

World Cup Qualifying was back to glorious failure, finishing 3rd in a group with Italy, Norway, Bulgaria, Kazakstan and Moldova, with this result ultimately being our undoing. Absolute bottle job of the highest order and had me on the verge of tears/rage quit. 

image.png.b756a64ab4fbe1a8c880ed864aa53222.png

Even more annoyingly we ended up winning 2-0 in Norway later in the group. As a little side note some of my games were at Easter Road (and a friendly at Rugby Park) during this campaign (later in 2021) so I don't know if Hampden being out of use later this year is a real life thing or just in the game. I've seen Scotland at the 3 Glasgow grounds and Pittodrie so wouldn't mind adding a couple more to that. 

2nd in a group of Turkey, Ireland and Montenegro in the Nations League meant it would have to be through the proper qualifying route if we were to make Euro 2024 in Germany. 

No description available.

A 1-1 draw in Prague on the final matchday enough to take 1st place on head-to-head after scudding them 3-0 at Hampden. Euro 2024 here we come. 

Formation wise I played about with a few things in my first year or so but fairly settled on a 4-2-3-1 now with McTominay and Tierney as a ball playing centre back pairing. Nathan Patterson has been superb at right back for me ever since cementing a regular place in the Rangers starting 11 and with the well known large amount of options in midfield and Tierney/Robertson conundrum this is my best way of fitting them all in to the team. Could play 3511 similar to real life Scotland but having inverted wingers with overlapping full backs is a key part of my current tactic. 

Proper update later but would anyone believe me if I told them it's 2025 and Alan Forrest has 2 goals in 4 caps and Ross Stewart 5 goals in 7 caps? 

Also, Leon King and Chris Mochrie are now regulars for me at 21 and 22 respectively and already machines. King's at Blackburn in the PL on loan from Porto and Mochrie's at Young Boys on loan from Man City. Both could be world class in time so here's hoping. 

Bought this back in January (fm touch) and barely touched it, fired it up last night after a read through this thread on here.

Started a save with Queen’s Park and obviously this squad is good enough to canter the league but brought in Micheal Tidser for 10k as I always have a DLP in a midfield 3. 

352 is our set up as the wingers are a bit meh with MacLean away out on loan.  Carroll in the back 3 moving to an anchor man if needed. Be plenty transfers to be done especially the wingbacks for league 1.

On 05/06/2021 at 13:11, C. Muir said:

Been playing a Scotland save I started a couple of months back again recently. 

First off we qualified for Euro 2020/2021 with 2 very good results. 

image.png.608b6ed7054c8a329665578fecb70fd1.png

image.png.ac2ee8e51d8b585b2793f6f620792c8b.png

The group was like our one IRL only with France instead of Croatia. 2 narrow 1-0 defeats to Czech and France left a mountain to climb in the final game against an England side who were also struggling after only 1 point in their opening 2 games. 

image.png.7c190b3e84079471df0eeff641d581e4.png

Craig Gordon saved a Kane penalty which lead to Adams winner. We countered from their corner. Never celebrated a goal in FM like that in a long, long time :lol: 

Unfortunately Switzerland won 3-1 AET in the round of 16 against us. 

World Cup Qualifying was back to glorious failure, finishing 3rd in a group with Italy, Norway, Bulgaria, Kazakstan and Moldova, with this result ultimately being our undoing. Absolute bottle job of the highest order and had me on the verge of tears/rage quit. 

image.png.b756a64ab4fbe1a8c880ed864aa53222.png

Even more annoyingly we ended up winning 2-0 in Norway later in the group. As a little side note some of my games were at Easter Road (and a friendly at Rugby Park) during this campaign (later in 2021) so I don't know if Hampden being out of use later this year is a real life thing or just in the game. I've seen Scotland at the 3 Glasgow grounds and Pittodrie so wouldn't mind adding a couple more to that. 

2nd in a group of Turkey, Ireland and Montenegro in the Nations League meant it would have to be through the proper qualifying route if we were to make Euro 2024 in Germany. 

No description available.

A 1-1 draw in Prague on the final matchday enough to take 1st place on head-to-head after scudding them 3-0 at Hampden. Euro 2024 here we come. 

Formation wise I played about with a few things in my first year or so but fairly settled on a 4-2-3-1 now with McTominay and Tierney as a ball playing centre back pairing. Nathan Patterson has been superb at right back for me ever since cementing a regular place in the Rangers starting 11 and with the well known large amount of options in midfield and Tierney/Robertson conundrum this is my best way of fitting them all in to the team. Could play 3511 similar to real life Scotland but having inverted wingers with overlapping full backs is a key part of my current tactic. 

How did u get adams to commit? Can’t get him, angus gunn or harvey barnes to switch. Managed to get karlan grant who has been quite good. Mcburnie is good in it too. Ryan fraser and ross mccrorie also brilliant. And gauld

1 hour ago, Tartan Dave said:

How did u get adams to commit? Can’t get him, angus gunn or harvey barnes to switch. Managed to get karlan grant who has been quite good. Mcburnie is good in it too. Ryan fraser and ross mccrorie also brilliant. And gauld

I started the save during the March international break IRL earlier this year when Adams had his first call-up so I fixed his nationality in the editor before starting. Perhaps slightly cheating as the save starts from 2020 and he never got called up till 2021 but didn't know how to implement it so he became available in Mar 21. Actually on that note, Laporte scored into me for France in a recent fixture which I got very annoyed about cause he plays for Spain now. But he only switched allegiance IRL in the last month or so when I was already well into the save. 

Have had no luck convincing Gunn or Barnes either. 

I'm in 2027 now so the update I said I'd do the other day is going to take a while, probably get to it sometime over the weekend (at which point I'll likely be in about 2030 :lol:) . However, Andy Robertson retired from international football at 31, on 91 caps, to prolong his club career. Really wanted him to reach the century but our failure to qualify for 2026 World Cup put paid to that as I reckon he would've definitely held back on retirement had we made it. 

One thing I have done is compiled a list of players that I've capped for the first time in the save. Note that some of these have been capped IRL now too as the game starts in 2020.

Spoiler

Che Adams ST
David Turnbull MF
Ryan Fredericks DF
Ryan Porteous DF
Nathan Patterson DF
Billy Gilmour MF
Zander Clark GK
Kevin Nisbet ST
Ross McCrorie MF
Robby McCrorie GK
Cieran Slicker GK
Aaron Hickey DF
Nicky Devlin DF
Murray Wallace DF
Ryan Gauld MF
Allan Campbell MF
Craig MacGillivray GK
Alan Forrest MF
Jason Kerr DF
Liam Kelly GK
Lewis Ferguson MF
Stuart McKinstry MF
Chris Mochrie MF
Leon King DF
Ross Stewart ST
Tom McIntyre DF
Joe Moore (regen) GK
Lewis Neilson DF
Stephen Davidson (regen) DF/ST
Michael Rose DF
Calvin Ramsay DF
Jim Grant (regen) ST

10 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I started the save during the March international break IRL earlier this year when Adams had his first call-up so I fixed his nationality in the editor before starting. Perhaps slightly cheating as the save starts from 2020 and he never got called up till 2021 but didn't know how to implement it so he became available in Mar 21. Actually on that note, Laporte scored into me for France in a recent fixture which I got very annoyed about cause he plays for Spain now. But he only switched allegiance IRL in the last month or so when I was already well into the save. 

I'm in 2027 now so the update I said I'd do the other day is going to take a while, probably get to it sometime over the weekend (at which point I'll likely be in about 2030 :lol:) . However, Andy Robertson retired from international football at 31, on 91 caps, to prolong his club career. Really wanted him to reach the century but our failure to qualify for 2026 World Cup put paid to that as I reckon he would've definitely held back on retirement had we made it. 

One thing I have done is compiled a list of players that I've capped for the first time in the save. Note that some of these have been capped IRL now too as the game starts in 2020.

Hide contents

Che Adams ST
David Turnbull MF
Ryan Fredericks DF
Ryan Porteous DF
Nathan Patterson DF
Billy Gilmour MF
Zander Clark GK
Kevin Nisbet ST
Ross McCrorie MF
Robby McCrorie GK
Cieran Slicker GK
Aaron Hickey DF
Nicky Devlin DF
Murray Wallace DF
Ryan Gauld MF
Allan Campbell MF
Craig MacGillivray GK
Alan Forrest MF
Jason Kerr DF
Liam Kelly GK
Lewis Ferguson MF
Stuart McKinstry MF
Chris Mochrie MF
Leon King DF
Ross Stewart ST
Tom McIntyre DF
Joe Moore (regen) GK
Lewis Neilson DF
Michael Rose DF
Calvin Ramsay DF
Jim Grant (regen) ST

Yeah a few names similar to me. Trying to find a list of players with scotland as a secondary nation but can’t find it anywhere 

A couple of March friendlies and pre Euros friendlies followed by the tournament itself. Faced with a group of Belgium, Slovenia and Croatia which we got through in third with a solitary win over Slovenia. Couldn't better our last Euros showing though and went out in the round of 16 again, this time to France. 

Won my Nations League group of Switzerland, Bosnia and Albania to secure promotion to Division A. This was the campaign I first introduced Ross Stewart in the 2nd round of fixtures. Ended with 4 goals in 4 games. Also the campaign the aforementioned Leon King and Chris Mochrie became regulars. 

WC 2026 qualifying group of France, Austria, Iceland, Latvia & Malta. Started in the worst possible manner with a humbling 6-1 defeat in Paris. Despite ending the group the best of the rest behind France, the 2nd placed table looked like this meaning a longer wait to play at a World Cup again. 

image.png.07c318c5a73c5fa106613f7c42e2b450.png

Towards the end of this qualifying campaign saw the emergence of regen Stephen Davidson of Celtic, a striker but also comfortable as a ball-playing defender (which is where I mainly use him after my change in formation, more on that below). He marked his debut in Malta with a hat-trick.

The end of Andy Robertson in a Scotland shirt on 91 caps which I mentioned earlier in the thread so I faced my first ever squad without him available this year. A couple of friendlies in March where I first introduced another Celtic regen, goalkeeper Joe Moore. Superb stats at 19 at the time and now Celtic and Scotland first choice at 21. Excellent young keeper exactly what was needed after years jumping between Robby McCrorie, Zander Clark and Craig MacGillivray as the best options. None of them were particularly bad to be fair but this guys a massive upgrade.  

The first venture into Nations League Division A saw a group of France, England and Turkey. Highlight was a 2-0 win over France at Hampden. Huffed and puffed through the campaign with tough games aplenty but we managed a 3rd placed finish and avoiding relegation straight back down to Division B. 

A 3-0 defeat at Wembley in this campaign prompted me to try out a new formation which I'm still using now. A 3412 with wing backs. Set up like: 

image.png.5b715aab9b283a3e64628c91057dc51e.png

Another regen Jim Grant of Brighton (striker) also got called up to his first squad here and has made a good impact. 

Euro 2028 qualifying group - Czech Rep, Russia, Hungary, Lithuania. 

image.png.abe61f339fc697c8de937abf7b83b3f3.png

8 wins, 2 draws and only 1 goal conceded the whole campaign. Absolutely demolished Czech Rep 7-0 in Prague in the game to clinch qualification. I also had a friendly with Venezuela in June 2027 which was Stuart Armstrong's last football match before retiring. I stuck him on penalties for the game and low and behold we got one which he converted. Ended up losing the game 2-1 but that moment for Armstrong clouded it. Ended on 75 caps and 16 goals. 

2 others worth a mention after their first call-ups during this campaign. Kieron Bowie who's name Raith Rovers fans will recognise. Came in half way through the campaign and has 4 goals in 5 caps. Done his chances of being in the Euro 2028 squad no harm whatsoever. Secondly Rangers keeper (regen) Andy Dunn. Similar age to Joe Moore but not quite Rangers first choice yet but has plenty of time on his side. Going into the next few years with 2 keepers highly thought of at Celtic/Rangers can only be good for the national team. 

Still have had nobody reach 100 caps. Callum McGregor on 89 has a chance but 34 now so depends on him sticking around for the year 2028 (which I think he will as we're in the Euros). I've found myself still calling him up for squads despite him probably not being good enough anymore just to try and get him to the century. McGinn (33, 83 caps) has a slight chance, Tierney (30, also 83 caps) and McTominay (30, 78 caps) should get there unless they chuck international football relatively early like Robertson did. Nathan Patterson (25, 55 caps) I'd like to think is a certainty. Adams (31, 74 caps) anther possibility but again likely dependant on when he retires. 

Edited by C. Muir

Euro 2028 - Spain

Decided to do a wiki style layout of the men who made the 23 man squad for the tournament. Not even sure why :lol: Suppose folk might be interested cause it's deep into a save where a fair amount of players have changed. 

image.png.8ac6dcdd4d62056956bc5153008e67dd.png

Unfortunately no Scott McTominay due to injury.

Drawn in a group with tournament holders Portugal, Switzerland and Kosovo. We were seeded 2nd for the draw and I fancied us to get that. Chance of a good start facing Kosovo at the Bernabeu in the opening game.

image.png.6bb1b54f9b6736f65c26b1c00daa1267.png

Even a first half red card didn't hinder anything. Tierney missing for Switzerland in the next game would be a blow though. 

image.png.84f45732f60e24ef62a78989a1020121.png

Disappointing after a number of chances were passed up. Hardest game to go too against Portugal.

image.png.57c34ed9e6fc243369877960c2cb8d21.png

For the third Euros in a row, 1 win and 2 defeats in the group.

For the third Euros in a row, progression as one of the best third placed sides. 

image.png.aca28bf109d53edd597a90b405d36771.png

For the third Euros in a row, an exit at the last 16.

image.png.8b7f1bbc130901bb356656004eac31fc.png

Game over when it had barely begun with the opener straight from kick off then red card. Italy were playing some gorgeous stuff, majority of their squad in their prime, and we were extremely lucky it wasn't a cricket score to be honest. Shame it wasn't last goal wins. 

Nations League following this. Group is England (again), France (again) and Ireland. Callum McGregor is now on 94 caps so if he sticks around for this nations league campaign and features in all the matches then he be my first player to reach 100.

Absolutely choking to qualify for a World Cup so the draw for the 2030 qualifying better give me a beatable 1st seed so I have a chance to top the group. Be brutal losing out as one of the worst 2nd placed sides again.

Edited by C. Muir

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2021 at 11:47, C. Muir said:

Reveal hidden contents

Che Adams ST
David Turnbull MF
Ryan Fredericks DF
Ryan Porteous DF
Nathan Patterson DF
Billy Gilmour MF
Zander Clark GK
Kevin Nisbet ST
Ross McCrorie MF
Robby McCrorie GK
Cieran Slicker GK
Aaron Hickey DF
Nicky Devlin DF
Murray Wallace DF
Ryan Gauld MF
Allan Campbell MF
Craig MacGillivray GK
Alan Forrest MF
Jason Kerr DF
Liam Kelly GK
Lewis Ferguson MF
Stuart McKinstry MF
Chris Mochrie MF
Leon King DF
Ross Stewart ST
Tom McIntyre DF
Joe Moore (regen) GK
Lewis Neilson DF
Michael Rose DF
Calvin Ramsay DF
Jim Grant (regen) ST

I started a Scotland save as well and couldn't convince anyone to join, not even Karlan Grant. Robbo also retired at 30 for me, we qualified for the World Cup and I asked him to come back and he said aye, came back for 2 years then retired again. Goalkeepers are a fucking mare, Robbie McCrorie has well over 100 caps for me :lol:

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I started a Scotland save as well and couldn't convince anyone to join, not even Karlan Grant. Robbo also retired at 30 for me, we qualified for the World Cup and I asked him to come back and he said aye, came back for 2 years then retired again. Goalkeepers are a fucking mare, Robbie McCrorie has well over 100 caps for me :lol:

Aye I was stuck with Craig MacGillivray for a couple of years before regen Joe Moore came through. 

Might actually go and play my Scotland save later. Got a transfer update recently so it would be like playing this coming season and have been updating it accordingly with transfers since but not started a save yet cause I don't know who to go :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Aye I was stuck with Craig MacGillivray for a couple of years before regen Joe Moore came through. 

Might actually go and play my Scotland save later. Got a transfer update recently so it would be like playing this coming season and have been updating it accordingly with transfers since but not started a save yet cause I don't know who to go :lol: 

Aye, I've been praying for a keeper regen but my 3 goalkeepers in 2029 are McCrorie, Mutch and a wee regen who's nowhere near good enough. The regens so far have predominantly been centre midfielders (BTB/DLP), had one striker called Ewan Gray turn up who's scored about 40 goals for us and I dread to think where I'd be without him. Best achievement so far is quarter finals of the World Cup. 

Biggest win ever for me, started a save with England and this is 2023, pretty much the back up team that played. Greenwood as a AF absolutely deadly and his cap to goal ratio is now 8 caps 17 goals after this game 😂 

45A8467F-23AC-459B-9A33-A35D2DA81AAA.jpeg

19357289-14A0-4BAD-A691-47C65F8D71C9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Following the absolute mind-melting stuff at Stark's Park on Saturday, I've started a Rovers save this morning. Doubt I'll get very far into it but I had totally lost touch with any previous saves and couldn't be arsed going back to try & settle back into them.

Expecting a fairly routine first season in the Championship. Aim for the playoffs and see where it goes from there. Squad is decent enough to begin with. Might try to offload some deadwood and possibly bring in one or two loans to improve the overall balance of the squad.

Following the absolute mind-melting stuff at Stark's Park on Saturday, I've started a Rovers save this morning. Doubt I'll get very far into it but I had totally lost touch with any previous saves and couldn't be arsed going back to try & settle back into them.
Expecting a fairly routine first season in the Championship. Aim for the playoffs and see where it goes from there. Squad is decent enough to begin with. Might try to offload some deadwood and possibly bring in one or two loans to improve the overall balance of the squad.
O'brien from arbroath, dick from Alloa and Ramsey from Aberdeen on loan are all you need to win the championship. Iv done it 3 times now with those signings having left a few weeks between playing so starting again. Tait should play every game for you.