FM21

ajwffc

I may have stumbled upon a few loan signings capable of turning a team surviving on a relegation play off back to Serie D, to Serie C champions. I'm also tempted to start a thread with this San Marino story, as it's becoming sensational and I've already got my favourites after 2 seasons and the start of a 3rd. 

The international team is going to take a hell of a lot of time to qualify for something though. Promotion in the Nations League is bringing 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 defeats to Slovakia, Montenegro and Kosovo, all who have multi million pound players whereas my most valuable player is my keeper at around 500k abd Bernardi playing in Serie B

50 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I may have stumbled upon a few loan signings capable of turning a team surviving on a relegation play off back to Serie D, to Serie C champions. I'm also tempted to start a thread with this San Marino story, as it's becoming sensational and I've already got my favourites after 2 seasons and the start of a 3rd. 

The international team is going to take a hell of a lot of time to qualify for something though. Promotion in the Nations League is bringing 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 defeats to Slovakia, Montenegro and Kosovo, all who have multi million pound players whereas my most valuable player is my keeper at around 500k abd Bernardi playing in Serie B

Get that thread started. These sort of careers are great.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new PC today. How do I get my save games from the previous PC onto this? Thought they would be there already just by downloading FM again on the same steam account but hee haw.  

Edited by C. Muir

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Got a new PC today. How do I get my save games from the previous PC onto this? Thought they would be there already just by downloading FM again on the same steam account but hee haw.  

Do you still have the old PC? The saved games are normally saved in the Football Manager folder in my computer.

Sorry dont know the specific location.

31 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I think you need to save them in the steam cloud to do this. Should be easy enough if you still have access to the old PC.

No idea what the script is if you don’t have access to that though 

One of my San Marinese youths has decided he doesn't want to represent his country anymore incase Italy come calling in the future.
He's 18, in the Lazio youth team and already has 12 caps ffs, most of them in qualifiers or Nations League games.

Wtf!

Had our craziest end to a season yet, I wish I'd taken screenshots of it but I was in disbelief watching it play out. The year is 2036, I'm at Watford and my flat mate is at Man Utd, for much of the season I had been sat top of the table (10 points clear at the half way stage) but after some injuries and a difficult run in, we got to the last day with the league as follows:

1. Newcastle - 82
2. Watford - 81
3. Man City - 79
4. Man Utd - 79

I can't remember the exact goal differences of each but they were all very tight.  Newcastle were at home to Burnley, I was at home to Man City and Man Utd were at home to already relegated Swansea. Man Utd ran out comfortable winners (5-0). Burnley took a first half 2-0 lead at St James' to spark utter glee at Vicarage Road, where Watford had taken the lead through (Sir) Omar Broadbent. Newcastle peg one back early in the second half and as news filters through, Man City equalise.  As it stands, Man Utd are champions, but Newcastle have other ideas and finally get their equaliser with 10 to go. We get into the last 5 minutes and Man City fire home a quick double to make it 3-1 and kill the Hornets off. Newcastle hang on for their point at St James', leaving us with the final standings:

1. Newcastle - 83
2. Man Utd - 82
3. Man City - 82
4. Watford - 81

From 10 points clear to 4th on the last day. Absolutely fucking gutted. What's worse is my board wanted a top half finish, I finished 4th and won the Euro Cup II but when it got the end of the season they hit me with the "We are pleased the club has qualified for the Champions League but for a while it looked like we'd be crowned Champions, so we shouldn't get too carried away". Go and f**k yourself, Gino. 

My San Marino challenge is beginning to get tediously annoying. Relegated by Belarus back to the Nation's League D section, whilst the club side hasn't improved from last year and we're barely scrapping a Serie C promotion play off spot.

I'll start a proper thread one day as it's quite a tale but man, teh inconsistency is grating.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thinking of firing this up again tonight.

Any suggestions for an interesting save ? Nothing too tedious.

Not that I've tried, but Kaiserslaughtern in Bundesliga 3? 

7 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Making a mod for SPFL 21/22 and just updating it as things happen. Is there a way in the editor that you can revert the Scottish lower leagues back to 36 game seasons?

You'd need to create a totally new set of nation rules for Scotland and redo all the competitions.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Not that I've tried, but Kaiserslaughtern in Bundesliga 3? 

1860 Munich look more appealing if I'm heading there. Trying to become the top team in Munich.

There was a database on a previous version called Iron Curtain, but couldn't see it in the workshop. A stacked USSR Super League, Yugoslavian league and national team and East and West Germany. Plus the old 3 foreigner rule and the Cup Winners Cup. Would love to play that shit on this version