FM21

ajwffc

I’ve been plugging away with Kaiserslautern for a while now. I finished 2nd on goal difference to third in my first season for promotion to the Bundesliga 2. I was only two points off 1st in a 3 way battle for the title.

In my second season I was 1st with 6 games to go but won none of them to finish 4th and outside the playoff spot-raging.

I won Bundesliga 2 in my third season with loan boys from Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund excelling. I was only given a transfer budget of £2 million and our wage bill was the lowest by a mile so I relied on loans in the top league again.

We struggled in the first half of my first season in the Bundesliga but post January Traore on loan from Ajax and Sieb on loan from Bayern started banging in the goals and we were comfortably safe from relegation in 12th by the end of the season.

With a bigger transfer budget I secured most of my loan stars on a permanent in the summer which I’m now annoyed about as a few weeks later I got the Leverkusen job so can’t sign them for them.

Leverkusen have loads of players who want to leave as we’re not in Europe and we can’t buy a win away from home. Fucking Wolves pipped me for Kaio Jorge and a few quality free transfers. I did manage to get in Luis from Benfica, a Brazilian regen and Lewandowski on a free. I’ve got some shite players who are worth a shit tonne so January or next summer will see a clear out.

Struggled to get into any decent saves on FM21 so far but started a new game as Hamburg a couple of weeks back and quite enjoying it. 

Won Bundesliga 2 with relative ease in the first season, and went for the safe option for our first season back in the top flight and set expectations to avoid relegation. Managed to bring in a few players on pre-contracts (namely Lundstram & Fosu-Mesah), had a bit of a slow start but a great run of form saw us in and around the European places. 

Signed Adam Hlozek on a pre-contract in January and then agreed to pay £2m to bring him in immediately. He's been absolutely superb since signing with 11 goals & 2 assists in 16 appearances more than justifying the £2m fee. Also managed to get Alejandro Pozuelo on a free transfer after his contract with Toronto expired to help our push for European football. 

In the end some poor results in the last few games, including a defeat to Union Berlin and a 3-0 hammering against fellow European challengers Koln saw us settled for a place in the Europa Conference league next season. Slightly disappointed given we were in a good place to secure a place in the Europa League itself, but all in all a solid first season back in the Bundesliga. 

Had Gabrielle Martinelli and Emile Smith-Rowe on loan from Arsenal for the season who were both key players throughout the season, so some work to do to either attempt to bring them back in or find a replacement for them next year. 

Got my new laptop delivered today, and FM being added to gamepass last week was a sign.

Haven't properly got into FM for years and the detail in this game has blown my mind already. Started a game as QP and will see how it goes, going to take a while to get used to it again.

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

I've just reached the world cup in 2026 with Scotland. 16 groups of 3? What nonsense is this. I'm in a group with new Zealand and Canada. Will still fall at the first hurdle

The World Cup will be expanded to 48 teams from 2026. Top 2 qualify from each group and it’s a knockout set up after that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2021 at 23:41, Dave said:

Got my new laptop delivered today, and FM being added to gamepass last week was a sign.

Haven't properly got into FM for years and the detail in this game has blown my mind already. Started a game as QP and will see how it goes, going to take a while to get used to it again.

Finally finished my first season and won League 2. Took until the last game of the season though, until then I had only lost two league games but Stirling only lost three, thankfully I won and they lost that final game to give me a better looking finish. Bit disappointed it took so long but nothing you can do about the AI having a stormer of a season. Made the quarter finals of the Betfred before being pumped out by Rangers, but then had an early exit from the Scottish Cup in the second round at the hands of Patrick Thistle.

Wage budget for League 1 is £33k p/w 😂 absolute nonsense. Resigned most of the squad on minimal pay increases already, intending to sign a few youngsters with potential to give them a years experience before the real challenges begin. A year of minimal spending to balance the books would also help... 

I started a save with the San Marino national team, to see if there was anyway I could get them to win a game.

BOOM!

I've won the first three Nations League games, meaning that I am now their most successful manager of all time AND we've won promotion!

537091562_Screenshot2021-03-27145114.jpg.621dadd8666ce2a0f191a95fd49320f4.jpg

606771609_Screenshot2021-03-27145137.jpg.0dafb86a1db0f9dec1aa1669ef23afd7.jpg

I started playing again, continuing the save I had started with Queen's Park and had just gotten the Motherwell job.   It's 2023-24 and my team is remarkably similar to the current Motherwell team  with Allan Campbell, Liam Polworth, Chris Long, Mark O'Hara, and Jake Carroll all being key members of my team.  Going in to the split I am 4th, although in the last game James Scott (a former Motherwell man) got a 91st minute winner for Rangers that clinched their second straight title for them.  Here is the table as we go into the last set of fixtures.  I am 1 win away from getting in to Europe. 

image.png.1f8c7148caf443f66df8ca04d160ae7e.png

Interesting this happened...

image.png.dc4ac45a030c7425fdb82496b7802c66.png

Especially remarkable given the winning manager....

image.png.3381755e0081cb63457270858a13fe64.png

Edited by senorsoupe