FM21

ajwffc

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not registered on the SI forums and didn't think it was worth registering on another forum for especially considering the head of Scottish research is a regular poster on here. That and I can just as easily not purchase the next few editions of the game until there is a genuine leap forward instead of just a squad update. They can't even seem to get right without making a whole host of errors on the basics such as that and an atrocious match engine.

And finally, posting a complaint about a game on a forum doesn't make one seething - even if I've repeated the issue I have.

TBF I’m not a regular poster here by any means; I’m very active around release and especially the beta, and that’s when you’re most likely to get a response from me on stuff, as @RandomGuy and others got last year when he reported some issues.

i can only change what I know about, and looking at the thread from last year, nobody mentioned a Scottish Cup issue during the beta release period.

What exactly is the issue with the Scottish Cup?

On the other thing, player pictures are done out with the research team; these issues often happen at the SPFL.

TBF I’m not a regular poster here by any means; I’m very active around release and especially the beta, and that’s when you’re most likely to get a response from me on stuff, as [mention=31296]RandomGuy[/mention] and others got last year when he reported some issues. i can only change what I know about, and looking at the thread from last year, nobody mentioned a Scottish Cup issue during the beta release period.

On the other thing, player pictures are done out with the research team; these issues often happen at the SPFL.

There are too many clubs in the Scottish Cup, every South of Scotland side seems to qualify which is impossible. 

Wigtown, Saint Cuth Wands, Threave and Newton should all be in, and if a club outwith that wins the title they qualify. But usually other clubs are all in the competition. I will post screen shots tomorrow but I brought it up on the SI forum and the boy said he will look into it.

Will show the scottish Cup for the season I just finished there and what was wrong with it.

Edit - actually there you go.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495609-scotland-official-league-specific-issues/?do=findComment&comment=12331787

On 26/09/2020 at 21:16, SGMilne said:

TBF I’m not a regular poster here by any means; I’m very active around release and especially the beta, and that’s when you’re most likely to get a response from me on stuff, as @RandomGuy and others got last year when he reported some issues.

i can only change what I know about, and looking at the thread from last year, nobody mentioned a Scottish Cup issue during the beta release period.

Another issue is when Scotland does reach 5 teams in Europe, the fifth team ends up still being involved in the League Cup group stages. Leading to playing three games a week to fit all the matches in.

3 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Am I the only person who has text only commentary and has never watched a single highlight or second of 'action'?

i still play text only. But use the 3d match engine to watch highlights sometimes 

14 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Another issue is when Scotland does reach 5 teams in Europe, the fifth team ends up still being involved in the League Cup group stages. Leading to playing three games a week to fit all the matches in.

Hmm, that's an interesting one as I'm not sure how the coding team will overcome it.

I can ask the question

My main bugbear with FM20 Scottish leagues was the gaps in fixtures and huge number of midweek games.

I’ve found around at international breaks I’ve sometimes gone 3 weeks without fixtures then had to play 5 games in 12 days, definitely around the split/cup semi finals this tends to happen, not sure if anything can be done.

Loved the game though, my lockdown highlights were a champions league 2030 win with my beloved Hibernian and taking Darlington 1883 all the way up to the English Premier League.

• 2 weeks later...

Not read the whole thread so unsure if it's been covered but do we know how much of an impact COVID will have on the new game? Examples I'm thinking of

If you go a Scottish lower league team is it still an October start and a 27 game season? Assuming the game start date when you start a save is the usual of late June then it's a fair amount of time to go through before playing a game!

Will the "summer" transfer window be open till October?

Will the leagues that have permitted the use of 5 subs be the same in the game?

Will last seasons Scottish Cup be finished?

15 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Not read the whole thread so unsure if it's been covered but do we know how much of an impact COVID will have on the new game? Examples I'm thinking of

If you go a Scottish lower league team is it still an October start and a 27 game season? Assuming the game start date when you start a save is the usual of late June then it's a fair amount of time to go through before playing a game!

Will the "summer" transfer window be open till October?

Will the leagues that have permitted the use of 5 subs be the same in the game?

Will last seasons Scottish Cup be finished?

Form what I understand COVID it self will not be in it but any temporary changes to leagues will be in it. Not sure about competitions carried over 

On 09/10/2020 at 10:39, ajwffc said:

Form what I understand COVID it self will not be in it but any temporary changes to leagues will be in it. Not sure about competitions carried over 

So the Scottish Championship wont start until October and will be only 27 games?

Im out

42 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

some of the new features 

Some nice looking additions there. Hopefully, the make an actual difference. Can almost guarantee the body language in the player chats wont

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

So the Scottish Championship wont start until October and will be only 27 games?

Tbf its a simulation of the real world, so it seems pretty clear cut this is what would happen.

Been rumours you'll get players picking up Covid as a 2 week injury, and in rare circumstances it could take out a couple of players, much like you can get with bugs in previous games.

Tbf its a simulation of the real world, so it seems pretty clear cut this is what would happen.
Been rumours you'll get players picking up Covid as a 2 week injury, and in rare circumstances it could take out a couple of players, much like you can get with bugs in previous games.

That won’t happen.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres such a thing as too real

Just now, Mr X said:

Theres such a thing as too real

Aye done some reading and it sounds like thats exactly why coronavirus won't be in the game.

Someone asked Miles Jacobson about it and he (apparently, its just on the forums and I've not seen it) told them its one of those situations where it would be tasteless for them to put it in, so they'll go towards the "game" side of the sim scale and not have it as an active "feature". Guess they'll maybe have a message that the Euros have been moved and thats it?