FM21

ajwffc

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, I get why they did it and I know they made a conscious decision. Fair enough, even if I don't agree with it.  It's purely a personal opinion, as it seemed like going any further would be extremely unpopular with a lot of people.  I can understand that viewpoint too, even if I don't reallyget it.  

I was just looking forward to something a bit different, and now I'm tossing my toys out.  Harrumph. 

Didn't they make Brexit an optional thing when it was first released post vote? It would've been interesting if they did do a Covid database that was optional. It would be an interesting challenge to have some Covid restrictions put on your save, but if it was forced, it would just be an absolute pain.

1 minute ago, Connor1874 said:

Didn't they make Brexit an optional thing when it was first released post vote? It would've been interesting if they did do a Covid database that was optional. It would be an interesting challenge to have some Covid restrictions put on your save, but if it was forced, it would just be an absolute pain.

I thought they'd end up going down a route kind of like that.  Have the leagues start at the later times, and have no crowds, then just randomise the point when a vaccine magically gets announced between Christmas 2020 and Summer 2021 or something.  Then everything goes back to normal post that.  Adds some kind of dynamic nature to things, some kind of interest, and they could still avoid having people actually get Covid (although personally I think that would've been interesting).  

Brexit was never optional at any point unfortunately. It was just in the earlier ones post votes there was loads of different Brexit scenarios I.e. no Brexit, Scotland and/or Wales and/or N Ireland go independent and stay in the EU while England leaves etc.

This year it’s totally enforced with just minor work permit differences.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Brexit was never optional at any point unfortunately. It was just in the earlier ones post votes there was loads of different Brexit scenarios I.e. no Brexit, Scotland and/or Wales and/or N Ireland go independent and stay in the EU while England leaves etc.

This year it’s totally enforced with just minor work permit differences.

I swore there was something that was included in game, but was optional but maybe I'm mistaken! Looking back, it's quite strange that they were so against Covid but happy to include Brexit. Especially in the earlier days when no one actually knew what effect it would have on football.

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

I swore there was something that was included in game, but was optional but maybe I'm mistaken! Looking back, it's quite strange that they were so against Covid but happy to include Brexit. Especially in the earlier days when no one actually knew what effect it would have on football.

there might of been a way to disable it in the editor 

10 hours ago, forameus said:

I thought they'd end up going down a route kind of like that.  Have the leagues start at the later times, and have no crowds, then just randomise the point when a vaccine magically gets announced between Christmas 2020 and Summer 2021 or something.  Then everything goes back to normal post that.  Adds some kind of dynamic nature to things, some kind of interest, and they could still avoid having people actually get Covid (although personally I think that would've been interesting).  

They're meant to have dramatically reduced budgets, and the AI is meant to avoid major fees in the first window, before things start returning to normal over the course of the first season.

Suspect the full game will represent this better than then beta.

6 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Looking back, it's quite strange that they were so against Covid but happy to include Brexit.

Apparently its because Covid has had such a negative effect on so many peoples lives they didn't want to remind people of it if they "escaped" into FM to try and distract themselves. 

They work with a mental health charity who maybe helped that decision.

Amusing end to my first Aberdeen season. Niall McGinn scored an injury time winner for us at Ibrox in our penultimate game of the season (his first goal of the season), and then we drew 2-2 with Celtic at Pittodrie on the final day. Celtic subsequently won the league over Rangers on goal difference. Gerrard has since accused us of lying down. 

On 16/11/2020 at 21:35, C. Muir said:

Especially if you go one of the Old Firm.

My 5 changes in my last game were 

Laxalt > Taylor 
Brown > Ntcham
Fischer - Elyounoussi
Christie > Rogic 
Edouard > Griffiths 

:lol: 

Brown got forced to retire through injury early on in my Celtic save.

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

3.4 million pound transfer budget and 44k a week wage budget in the championship with Queens Park. Mental

Jesus christ, tempted to start one with them :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

On 22/11/2020 at 00:17, Gianfranco said:

3.4 million pound transfer budget and 44k a week wage budget in the championship with Queens Park. Mental

On 22/11/2020 at 12:16, C. Muir said:

Jesus christ, tempted to start one with them :lol: 

That sounds pish to me tbh, I'd feel like I'd cheated.

Anyway, is FM21 worth the money right now? I remember last years was an absolute shitshow for about the first 2-3 months after release so I'm keen to avoid going through that again if there are some bugs they're still fixing.

Anyway, is FM21 worth the money right now? I remember last years was an absolute shitshow for about the first 2-3 months after release so I'm keen to avoid going through that again if there are some bugs they're still fixing.

Bar Brexit ruining your save it is pretty playable as it is. Match engine is great for once.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Game officially out tonight, so demo should be available too.

Always worth giving that a go before buying it first if you're genuinely wavering about the decision.

I was gonna can my beta save when the real game came out but I'm attached to my Ayr squad now, in the title race in the championship to the second  last game is about as good as expected.  If we go up in the playoffs I'll keep it going even though season 2 is about managing debt according to the board. 

6 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Pleased for you mate.   

Get playing the new FM during the evenings and work as a fast fitter during the day.  Buy yourself a shite car and trend the overdraft board.   

Perthshire is crackin' let down by a few that don't care.  

7776637ab91e434a-confused-laugh-gif-find-share-on-giphy.gif.86ac484b9db530c5c5ccd0115f8d2b29.gif