FM21

ajwffc

Played it for ten minutes earlier, the interface is very different from 18. What's with the icons for sharpness and condition? Can I change that back to numbers?!
No, no you can't.

Apparently its because some people wouldn't pick a player under 97% fitness. So instead of telling those people they're fuckin idiots they've changed to icons.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:49, C. Muir said:

I'm currently Hearts in FM20 (promotions/relegations and transfers updated it so it's 20/21), I got Klimala on loan and he was absolutely unreal. Scored about 35 goals. Then when I got back to the top flight I played Celtic at Parkhead a couple of games into the season. 3-0 loss. Klimala hat trick :lol: 

He's ridiculous in FM20. Often ends up on loan at Hibs on it. On my Hearts FM20 save he scored in every derby, sometimes twice. Hope he's as useful for me on this one.

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Played it for ten minutes earlier, the interface is very different from 18. What's with the icons for sharpness and condition? Can I change that back to numbers?!

They say its more realistic to have a symbol that involves "ranges" of fitness, denoted by colour, rather than a number, as people were spending half the year complaining that their players were never above 95% fit so they couldn't play them.

I'd be amazed if a skin doesn't come out that reverts it though, as it'll still be numerical "under the hood".

They say its more realistic to have a symbol that involves "ranges" of fitness, denoted by colour, rather than a number, as people were spending half the year complaining that their players were never above 95% fit so they couldn't play them.
I'd be amazed if a skin doesn't come out that reverts it though, as it'll still be numerical "under the hood".
I guess theyre right. More and more professional football is abandoning detailed analysis and dumbing down.

51 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I guess theyre right. More and more professional football is abandoning detailed analysis and dumbing down.

Thatll be why they've added in actual real life analysis metrics and tools.

You realise that most clubs use those heart monitors during games, and its visualised on their tablet pitch side by a row of hearts next to the players name and their heart rates/distance travelled?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Thatll be why they've added in actual real life analysis metrics and tools.
You realise that most clubs use those heart monitors during games, and its visualised on their tablet pitch side by a row of hearts next to the players name and their heart rates/distance travelled?

I'm not sure the relevance. Adding in a real life analysis that will make no difference to the game, and no one will even look at, doesnt change the fact that theyve dumbed down an absolutely vital part of it based on feedback from idiots who should have been told to get in the fuckin sea

ETA - am I being wooshed here? 

Edited by Mr X

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

If you want to ease into it, go Liverpool and play gengenpress

I won my first three games by a goal and then lost 9-2 to Real Betis. I’ve never been that bad at  many of the Football Managers before. Starting to see this as a challenge.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Anyone else think full backs are quite over powered? Or is it just the tactic I’m playing. When they get forward on the overlap they are always in miles of space as wingers don’t pick them up so they get an easy cross in.

I cant say Ive noticed it looking particularly over powered. Ive definitely noticed players in wide areas making far better decisions and I am seeing a lot, possibly too many, goals from cut backs to the edge of the box.

For all Ive whinged about things, theres no doubt the match engine is the best ever and miles ahead of last years

I cant say Ive noticed it looking particularly over powered. Ive definitely noticed players in wide areas making far better decisions and I am seeing a lot, possibly too many, goals from cut backs to the edge of the box.
For all Ive whinged about things, theres no doubt the match engine is the best ever and miles ahead of last years

Oh totally agree the match engine is great, 100x better than the shambling mess last years was by even at this stage which is promising.

Just an observation I had, wide play is much more effective just seems to be mostly through full backs for me. Certainly enjoying this one a whole lot more.

Oh totally agree the match engine is great, 100x better than the shambling mess last years was by even at this stage which is promising.

Just an observation I had, wide play is much more effective just seems to be mostly through full backs for me. Certainly enjoying this one a whole lot more.
Yes, sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were complaining about the match engine.

Just trying to be positive myself for a change

On 11/11/2020 at 19:32, RandomGuy. said:

Good 😂

Out there signing highest earners while I'm losing out on targets to fucking Rochdale 😂

You'll be pleased to know I flogged Ilkay Durmus back to Austria at short notice for £46k and freed up enough to sign him. ;) 

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'll be pleased to know I flogged Ilkay Durmus back to Austria at short notice for £46k and freed up enough to sign him. ;) 

Arsehole.

My only signing in the first window was Connor McLennan on loan.

I immediately lost a player to a 5 month injury the day after the window shut.

16 games into the Championship season with Hearts, and yet to lose. 13 wins and 3 draws so far. In to the Betfred Cup final where Motherwell await, and into the last 16 of the Scottish Cup too.

Celtic seem to be a lot weaker this year if my Hearts save is anything to go by. Out both cups (They lost to Hibs at home at the first hurdle in the Scottish) and not top of the Premiership. Rangers are top, but out the League Cup too, so maybe a decent season to have some league success with other clubs.

Bought last night, downloaded and save with Clyde started. Had 3k transfer budget which has been spent on Lewis Milne of Montrose who was transfer listed, putting me to £0 and -£200 wages. So he's looking like he'll be my only signing.

Put my save start date as the usual one at the end of June forgetting our league doesn't start till October. 3/4 months till competitive action starts and 2 months till the friendlies begin :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

@SGMilne Noticed the betfred cup is only 3 subs from 7 when the actual tournament is 5 from 9. Championship is also 5 from 9 when IRL it's 3 from 7 but other leagues are correct. 

Not an issue that really bothers me but just thought I would point it out. 

Edited by C. Muir