FM21

ajwffc

On 30/01/2021 at 23:28, Connor1874 said:

Playing FM should be fun, and trying to scrape out 1-0's and 2-1's every week isn't fun at all.

Perhaps being a Thistle fan does this to you but I love nothing more than the nail biting tension of seeing out a 1-0 victory on FM.

Last two games in my Brechin save were a 1-0 away win at Forfar (late winner) and a sublime 0-0 defensive masterclass at Edinburgh City where we nearly nicked it in the last minute too.

Needless to say, the fans are happy with performances but not enjoying the less than exciting football...

Moved from Queens Park to Hannover after securing European football for QP. Sitting 17th when I took over in January and finished safe in 14th with a couple of games to go, but by f**k it was a struggle as they had basically been playing a left winger up front all season. Piss poor budget for the next season meant I was working off freebies, Rhian Brewster brought in for the first and last time, an absolute haddie. I just could not win games at all, I think I drew 17 of my 34 games in total and scrapped a 15th place finish on the last day. Board are pleased and bung me £9 million to spend finally.

I've done really well this year and with about 8 games to go I am in with a shout of the Champions League, but looking more likely it'll be the Euro Cup. However, my contract is expiring in the summer and there have been two news stories suggesting the board are worried I'll move on and haven't started extension talks. I've never been in this scenario before where I'll be out of contract and probably quite desirable if I get them to Europe, I've always either been offered an extension before it runs out or been relieved of my duties. The Dortmund manager is 70 and there have been rumours of him retiring at the end of the season, although his own short term plans don't suggest he's looking at that. Ideally I'd like to walk into that job in the summer, but I don't want to risk walking away from Hannover and the old c**t stays on at Dortmund and I'm left choosing from whatever is going.

Am I best just sticking with Hannover until I'm offered something better or can becoming unemployed with a good reputation make it easier to get better job offers?

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Moved from Queens Park to Hannover after securing European football for QP. Sitting 17th when I took over in January and finished safe in 14th with a couple of games to go, but by f**k it was a struggle as they had basically been playing a left winger up front all season. Piss poor budget for the next season meant I was working off freebies, Rhian Brewster brought in for the first and last time, an absolute haddie. I just could not win games at all, I think I drew 17 of my 34 games in total and scrapped a 15th place finish on the last day. Board are pleased and bung me £9 million to spend finally.

I've done really well this year and with about 8 games to go I am in with a shout of the Champions League, but looking more likely it'll be the Euro Cup. However, my contract is expiring in the summer and there have been two news stories suggesting the board are worried I'll move on and haven't started extension talks. I've never been in this scenario before where I'll be out of contract and probably quite desirable if I get them to Europe, I've always either been offered an extension before it runs out or been relieved of my duties. The Dortmund manager is 70 and there have been rumours of him retiring at the end of the season, although his own short term plans don't suggest he's looking at that. Ideally I'd like to walk into that job in the summer, but I don't want to risk walking away from Hannover and the old c**t stays on at Dortmund and I'm left choosing from whatever is going.

Am I best just sticking with Hannover until I'm offered something better or can becoming unemployed with a good reputation make it easier to get better job offers?

Go unemployed 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Are there any other managers at big clubs likely to be punted/retire, or would it be Dortmund or bust?

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Are there any other managers at big clubs likely to be punted/retire, or would it be Dortmund or bust?

There's a few floating around "insecure", I imagine there may be a few jobs going. I'm just not sure my rep is sufficient for a top job and if I don't get Dortmund or someone like that I'd be side stepping to a Frankfurt or Bayer or similar in a different country. 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's a few floating around "insecure", I imagine there may be a few jobs going. I'm just not sure my rep is sufficient for a top job and if I don't get Dortmund or someone like that I'd be side stepping to a Frankfurt or Bayer or similar in a different country. 

Could you not ask the board for a new contract and then apply for the Dortmund job if it becomes available?

Granted it is a total shitebag move but if you don’t get the Dortmund job at least you are no worse off.

6 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Could you not ask the board for a new contract and then apply for the Dortmund job if it becomes available?

Granted it is a total shitebag move but if you don’t get the Dortmund job at least you are no worse off.

This is what I've done. Signed a new deal but put a 50% compo clause in it so if any decent job comes in I should be able to leave no problem. Just signed an absolute worldy for 3.5 million though so I may not go anywhere.

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Winter update out. That’s much much earlier than I thought I was expecting a couple of weeks into March.

That might explain this then. Has everyone elses game went back from stars to this? I had to double check I hadn't opened FM20 by mistake

image.png.c6ff938e628dbe9658567dd5c9f63334.png

Edited by C. Muir

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

That might explain this then. Has everyone elses game went back from stars to this? I had to double check I hadn't opened FM20 by mistake

image.png.c6ff938e628dbe9658567dd5c9f63334.png

Not downloaded it yet, will have a look tonight.

I will be mightily pissed off though if that is the case. The star system was so much better for that type of thing.

8 minutes ago, Dons_min98 said:

Anyone else having that one team they’re finding impossible to break down, and score against this year? St Johnstone are untouchable against me this year, no matter what tactics/personnel I go with.

Hamilton for me, but that happens every version.

Andy Winter has about 10 goals in 8 games against me.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton for me, but that happens every version.

Andy Winter has about 10 goals in 8 games against me.

Stevie May seems to get his 6 goals a season all against me.

Tempted to sign him, just so I can punt him to the reserves and never see him celebrating again.

Season was crazy, due to it being the World Cup and me making the Europa Group Stage.

Ended up adrift at the bottom with about 6 games in hand. Settled down now, but I played 16 games in February 😂

Brophy was my top scorer last season but couldn't bag a goal this year at all, and May is crocked all the time. January was a huge month so sold Michael Duffy, a free agent signing from Dundalk, to some Chinese side for £20m. Mental as he was worth half that at most.

In came Jordan Rossiter, Calum Lang, Mikey Johnston and Adam Idah. First three a combined £10m up front, then Idah on loan. We know sit 4pts off 4th, somehow coming through February unbeaten. Lang as a right winger is incredible.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Season was crazy, due to it being the World Cup and me making the Europa Group Stage.

Ended up adrift at the bottom with about 6 games in hand. Settled down now, but I played 16 games in February 😂

Brophy was my top scorer last season but couldn't bag a goal this year at all, and May is crocked all the time. January was a huge month so sold Michael Duffy, a free agent signing from Dundalk, to some Chinese side for £20m. Mental as he was worth half that at most.

In came Jordan Rossiter, Calum Lang, Mikey Johnston and Adam Idah. First three a combined £10m up front, then Idah on loan. We know sit 4pts off 4th, somehow coming through February unbeaten. Lang as a right winger is incredible.

How the f**k is it possible to fit 16 games into February 😂

Just now, PB1994 said:

How the f**k is it possible to fit 16 games into February 😂

It was wild. 

Played Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday at one point. Had a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday run, with the Thursday game being away to Zenit 😂

Players are absolutely fucked, so I had to chuck the Europa, and games against the OF, to give my key players a rest. I need to finish top 6 to keep my job so that's the focus. Scheduling has fucked this season.

Run of games fucked me, and I ended up with 4 games back to back of Celtic and Rangers at the end. Missed the top half by 3pts and punted.

Gutted.

On 28/02/2021 at 09:09, RandomGuy. said:

It was wild. 

Played Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday at one point. Had a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday run, with the Thursday game being away to Zenit 😂

Players are absolutely fucked, so I had to chuck the Europa, and games against the OF, to give my key players a rest. I need to finish top 6 to keep my job so that's the focus. Scheduling has fucked this season.

Yeah this happened to me during the world cup having the group and knock out stages to compete it too, as well as the scottish cup. In the end I had to send my whole team off for 2 weeks from training just to have them fit enough to last 90 minutes in a league match. The scheduling is way off for that season, although I didn't realise the Knock Out stages were 1 off games that year!?

Also found your comments about values to be true. Some of the players I've signed are worth a crazy amount, nobody wants to buy them but thats neither here nor there. The fact Zander Clark is worth 11 million and Ali McCann has never gotten above £500k is weird as well.