FM21

ajwffc

I have this problem still in the 3rd season where I am told I can't loan any further domestic players as I have exceeded my quota (6 from 4?!). Which means I'm unable to take advantage of any decent loan opportunities from Celtic or Rangers. 
I took Morton up in my second season. Escaped relegation in my first year up then narrowly missed out on a top 6 place and finished 7th the following. Year 3 in the too flight and I finished third and qualified for the Europa League where I've now made it to the group stages.

Re: your point about loans, I think it's more or less unlimited from outside Scotland. Most of my top players are loans and some of them are into their fourth year with me. Actually had Ciaran Dickson from Rangers for a full four seasons but he's now moved to New York after his contact expired.

Would probably agree that it seems a bit too easy. Aside from finishing third in the spl in just four seasons, I also made the League Cup final whilst in the championship, knocking out 3 premiership teams along the way. Nowadays I tend to make the semis of just about every competition.

Took over Brechin at Christmas with them bottom of the league on 2 points. Now with two games to go, we're sitting in 4th on goal difference and are in pole position to pip Queens Park to the last playoff spot.

Signed Jamie Redman (free); Paul McLean, Blair Currie (both Stirling); Smart Osadolor (Elgin); Liam Henderson, Marc Laird (both Edinburgh C); and Craig Johnston (Montrose). Osadolor has been a revelation, playing through the middle and has 9 goals. Star man has been Connor Barron though. On loan from Aberdeen and had one goal when I took over; is now on 13 for the season and looks like the only challenger to Blair Henderson for the league's Player of the Year. Matty Todd, on loan from Dunfermline, has also been very good as a box-to-box midfielder.

Haven't played FM for a fair few years but really like a lot of the features. The way contracts can be structured now is great - most of the players above were signed on deals until the end of the season with either another year's option or automatic extension after # of games. Adds another element of realism to the game.

Bizarrely though, Brechin had a Loan Manager and a Head of Youth Development - despite having no players out on loan or any youth players - both earning more than my highest paid player.

Anyone had any issues with the loan system or am I just misunderstanding the rules - I couldn't make any loan signings because the game determined that I had already made 4 in the season (players at club at the start of the game). But other teams in the division appear to have made 5/6 loan signings.

Also, has anyone had any success in resolving unkept promises with players? Redman started bumping his gums about selling a regen to Inverness for £5k but managed to pacify him by promising to bring in reinforcements in midfield. Despite signing Marc Laird, he has been unhappy ever since and cannot be brought round by team-mates talking to him. Had intended keeping Redman for next season but think I'll cut my losses and get rid.

3 hours ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Would probably agree that it seems a bit too easy. Aside from finishing third in the spl in just four seasons, I also made the League Cup final whilst in the championship, knocking out 3 premiership teams along the way. Nowadays I tend to make the semis of just about every competition.

I can't say I've noticed this being particularly easy, I always start with virtually no coaching badges or playing experience and it takes time to build a good dressing room atmosphere and get the players fully versed in your tactics. Once you've got a good reputation the game becomes a bit easier I think as players respect you from the off. 

League One title race is definitely coming down to the wire 

image.png.c3fe0ead7c96536ba816a28a54d3b991.png

After a patchy March where I blew leads against both Cove and Clyde, 2 straight wins have got me back up and running again, and with 3 out of 4 remaining fixtures being home games I am optimistic

image.png.ec68a8419d4ede3799c01469289c7c42.png

Meanwhile Inverness have a similarly easy last few games.  We both have Airdrie and Edinburgh so it will be very very interesting

image.png.55cf0cf342cb1a93d4d9913d32ac3a5b.png

I manged to get a couple of games in over my lunch break and things haven't quite gone as well as I had hoped.  A nervy win over Dumbarton was followed by an absolute horsing at the hands of Airdrie with Thomas Robert absolutely putting us to the sword.  It's my first league loss of the season as well!  Next up will be a trip to the capital against an Edinburgh City side that are a bit of a bogey club for me before hosting a bang average QoTS on the final day.

image.png.088f08751ab6ca7cad0b5e8886f51d22.png

Meanwhile to the North of me, Inverness keep on rolling. The had a comfortable win over relegation fodder Peterhead before pulling out a comeback win against East Fife. 

image.png.fff7dfbfa25dfba87dd5f79a16844960.png

With 2 games to go here is the state of play.  I have an extra problem of Edinburgh needing a result to clinch a playoff spot, meaning they will be up for the game against us.  I have really missed Jai Quitongo on the right flank so hopefully he will be back in time

image.png.ed95ddf11beae628814e9dc760d41eb4.png

Alas, It's the playoffs for me.  A comfortable win over Edinburgh and a nervy 1-0 win on the final day against Queen of the SOuth was not enough as Inverness won both of their games.  Will first need to overcome Cove Rangers before playing the winner of Partick Thistle and Edinburgh City

Start of 4th season and the loan system has fixed itself. However, nobody worth getting! Stupid game.
Also started with a 2 1 defeat in the Betfred to Falkirk with my new look Pars. Great fucking start and so much for playing it out from the back.

I'm on a journeyman tour of the planet, my player started with lowest reputation and no badges. It has so far led me to taking my first job with Suva in Fiji.

After winning the league in the first season, I tried to sign a few players and got to the point where youngsters wouldn't even come on as amateurs, much less professional terms and so I bailed within 5 months and before the OFC cup campaign and took on a job in the worst ranked nation in Asia....Bhutan.

I got offered a job with Paro and didn't realise that the entire Bhutan league setup was amateur. This was to my advantage though as I snapped up rival teams best players on amateur contracts and won the league at a skoosh.

image.thumb.png.8bccadd0a98f75a2ab749833e3388ed7.png

My second season at Paro was much the same as the first and in a maiden Asian Confederations cup campaign where we were expected to lose every match, did tremendously well to reach the group stage where we gave a pretty good account of ourselves:

image.thumb.png.ed86e809766fb4acbc117d7641df2c85.png

At this point it was obvious I'd taken this club in 2 seasons as far as it could go and so long as it and the Bhutanese league remained amateur, I needed a step up. I applied for 2 jobs in Myanmar and was offered Rakhine Utd which I agreed to take at the end of the current season. Little did I realise, the seasons between Bhutan and Myanmar are different and so I was forced into the job only 1 game short of wrapping up our 2nd successive title, so I never got that credit. Paro's caretaker manager did! :lol: 

Rakhine are a midtable club sort of going nowhere with a lot of dead wood which I cleared out pretty quickly. The Burmese also have no concept of money. I was given a 90k transfer budget and many clubs were happy to let decent players go for a few grand. So I managed to pull in about 3 or 4 Myanmar internationals for a push up the league.

First season I still had a shot at the championship going into the last game and shat the bed 1-0 at home to a midtable side but managed to negotiate my way to the Confederation Cup.

image.thumb.png.860d36af14956c7d5d66405585822866.png

And that's where I am now.....start of my 4th season.

This will likely be my last season with Rakhine before I move on again. I'd like us to win a first ever Myanmar league title and get a decent run in the Asian Version of the Europa league. The AFC confederations cup is a title I'd like to win before moving onto the AFC Champions league but it will have to be done with a lesser light of Asian football as it appears the big countries teams are barred from appearing. Perhaps a move to a Syrian or Kuwaiti club give a chance to get the job done on that front.

Aung Thu is my best player without a shadow of a doubt 

image.thumb.png.0abcdc69beecf1aa0ef82009bf16756a.png

Best overall performer though is a lad who has been here since the start - Ghanaian forward Alex Amponsah. Check those stats since the start of my run with them.

image.thumb.png.596583e7d8484286b5b3d978edc844ad.png

image.thumb.png.eba9d47fd0d79c5431021aae9203a7be.png

Edited by djchapsticks

A comfortable 3-0 aggregate win over Cove Rangers in the Semi-Final set up a Glasgow Derby in the playoff final  against Partick THistle

Despite getting more shots in the first leg at Firhill we couldn't convert and goals by Billy McKay and Cameron Harper saw us in a big hole going back to Lesser Hampden

image.png.9fe33ec191898eadf18cc4b79528ce6f.png

Second leg at a packed Lesser Hampden, could we overturn the deficit in the Glasgow Spring Sun?

YES!!  Brilliant Bob McHugh with 2 first half goals and a Craig Slater header send us up!  Thistle missed an absolute sitter deep in stoppage time

image.png.5bd41631fb5ad833304539e7dff9eb77.png

Looks as though I will get some financial backing for the Championship lol

image.png.2616eeefdae3d65fffefab6cda5e6c4e.png

Currently playing a season as Benfica. They've got a lot of dross at the club so bit of a rebuilding job. Also trying out a few new tactics which are really getting some mad results. Such as this...

image.png

Also these recently: image.png.4d1c836be805e7e438e5101e417a4bc2.pngimage.png.180e7b9601d30f5181d6ea8e239b9a86.png   

Out all of the domestic cups thanks to Porto who are just ridiculously good. Can't beat them for love nor money. The week after they beat me 7-1, they did this: image.png.3c55d40e71335787bf13bf5a15e5b4d3.png

Edited by Connor1874

On 23/01/2021 at 11:55, djchapsticks said:

I'm on a journeyman tour of the planet, my player started with lowest reputation and no badges. It has so far led me to taking my first job with Suva in Fiji.

After winning the league in the first season, I tried to sign a few players and got to the point where youngsters wouldn't even come on as amateurs, much less professional terms and so I bailed within 5 months and before the OFC cup campaign and took on a job in the worst ranked nation in Asia....Bhutan.

I got offered a job with Paro and didn't realise that the entire Bhutan league setup was amateur. This was to my advantage though as I snapped up rival teams best players on amateur contracts and won the league at a skoosh.

image.thumb.png.8bccadd0a98f75a2ab749833e3388ed7.png

My second season at Paro was much the same as the first and in a maiden Asian Confederations cup campaign where we were expected to lose every match, did tremendously well to reach the group stage where we gave a pretty good account of ourselves:

image.thumb.png.ed86e809766fb4acbc117d7641df2c85.png

At this point it was obvious I'd taken this club in 2 seasons as far as it could go and so long as it and the Bhutanese league remained amateur, I needed a step up. I applied for 2 jobs in Myanmar and was offered Rakhine Utd which I agreed to take at the end of the current season. Little did I realise, the seasons between Bhutan and Myanmar are different and so I was forced into the job only 1 game short of wrapping up our 2nd successive title, so I never got that credit. Paro's caretaker manager did! :lol: 

Rakhine are a midtable club sort of going nowhere with a lot of dead wood which I cleared out pretty quickly. The Burmese also have no concept of money. I was given a 90k transfer budget and many clubs were happy to let decent players go for a few grand. So I managed to pull in about 3 or 4 Myanmar internationals for a push up the league.

First season I still had a shot at the championship going into the last game and shat the bed 1-0 at home to a midtable side but managed to negotiate my way to the Confederation Cup.

image.thumb.png.860d36af14956c7d5d66405585822866.png

And that's where I am now.....start of my 4th season.

This will likely be my last season with Rakhine before I move on again. I'd like us to win a first ever Myanmar league title and get a decent run in the Asian Version of the Europa league. The AFC confederations cup is a title I'd like to win before moving onto the AFC Champions league but it will have to be done with a lesser light of Asian football as it appears the big countries teams are barred from appearing. Perhaps a move to a Syrian or Kuwaiti club give a chance to get the job done on that front.

Aung Thu is my best player without a shadow of a doubt 

image.thumb.png.0abcdc69beecf1aa0ef82009bf16756a.png

Best overall performer though is a lad who has been here since the start - Ghanaian forward Alex Amponsah. Check those stats since the start of my run with them.

image.thumb.png.596583e7d8484286b5b3d978edc844ad.png

image.thumb.png.eba9d47fd0d79c5431021aae9203a7be.png

Get a thread on the go 

On 23/01/2021 at 09:50, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

'You can't just play the same tactic/system every game, eventually teams get wise to it and it stops being as effective' is a lie and always has been. 

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Occasionally, the AI will throw up a daft result or two that leaves you beeling (usually a 2-0 loss to bottom of the league, having just beaten your three nearest rivals at the top in recent games).

Overall though, the game absolutely does not punish you for playing the same tactics week in, week out.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Only a hundred away fans from Thistle at Queens Park. It's that kind of stupid shit that still makes me annoyed at this game.

Always wondered how they approach the away crowds. Quite easy to nail home crowds based on average attendances, but away crowds doesn't seem quite as easy to find out. Hard to argue with most of the ones I see, but there's some they get pretty wrong. Just looked at my Benfica save, and apparently we took more fans to Celtic Park in the CL than they brought to Lisbon. Only 500 Celtic fans came over apparently. I highly doubt Benfica would outnumber them away from home IRL.

Promoted to the Premiership with Queen's Park at the end of my third season.

League 2 and League 1 titles won in the first two seasons and then up via the playoffs in my third. I almost snuck three league titles on the bounce but St. Mirren were ultimately just too strong over the season.

Into the Premiership with a decent amount to spend on transfers & wages. I'm also fairly happy with how my squad's shaping up. Still a bit frustrating that there are a lot of fringe Premiership players not interested in signing for me given they still see the club as too small for them. Realistic - but annoying nonetheless.

F*ck this! 1st January in the middle of the season and 2 of my important players just had their work permits turned down! f**k RIGHT off. Back up keeper also out of action. 

The left back and right wing are now utterly goosed. 

Sitting 3rd only 3 behind Sevco ffs.