FM21

ajwffc

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

No, I'm absolutely ruthless. When a first choice player hits 30 and I've got a wonderkid  who is just as good or almost as good, I punt the legend to PSG or similar for stupid money and replace with the wonderkid.

I normally am pretty ruthless with this sort of thing. I’m not bothered about them going over 30 but if I have a younger player who is around the same level I will be punting the older guy. I did this with one of my CBs actually. He had been with me even longer, must be 10 years or so. I bought him for £1.1 million from some club in Peru and just sold him to Barca for £59 million. I wasn’t bother about him though as he always seemed to find something to moan about.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Is he a team leader having been there so long? I normally try and keep folk like that around unless their "physical" stats have deteriorated. 

I grow attachments to all sorts of players and clubs though. I enjoy doing the Bundesliga so I've got a bit of a spot for Eintracht Frankfurt and Leverkusen as I've achieved great things with them. But I will never forget Mario Caballero, a right winger from Colombia that I signed for Watford. His stats didn't look anything great overall but he had good stats in the right places. He could score 20 goals a season from the right wing easy. That was on FM19 and I've never had a player like him since. 

In this save I've found adding leagues from Czechia and Croatia to be an absolute gold mine for getting these types of players in.

I’m not 100% sure but I would imagine he is a team leader as he is my longest serving player and also the oldest. His record doesn’t even look particularly good mainly because I am always swapping him from the Advanced Forward position to Deep Lying Playmaker but he is just so dependable. 

I gave him a rare start last night in a league game to rest others for the champions league in midweek and he went on and scored 3 and set another 3 up, which really isn’t helping me to decider that it is time for him to go 😂.

On 13/01/2021 at 12:18, oneteaminglasgow said:

On this, I remember in FM12 that Joe McKee inexplicably had 20 for free kicks and would routinely score from 40 yards out. He also grew into one of the best players in my Thistle team who reached a couple of Champions League finals. Even when my coaches were rating him as a 1 star player for me, he got 40 odd starts a season. 

It’s a real shame that he’s turned out to be pretty shite in real life. 

Joe McKee was a beast from set pieces.

Tony Stevenson from Hamilton was also a must sign when managing in Scotland or the English lower leagues due to his free kicks and corners.

On 12/01/2021 at 23:26, PB1994 said:

Apologies for the double post...

Does anybody else grow this silly attachment to certain players they sign?

This is on FM20 but I think it’s more of a general thing rather than specific to one version. I bought a striker 8 years ago now and he has been fantastic plus being able to play in both striker roles I have comfortably. Now though, he is coming up to 30 and a world class player but at the start of the season I had 2 other strikers who are just as good, if not better, than him plus a few youngsters who are worthy of game time. I decided not to sell him as I feel like he deserves to play for us but now the season has started he isn’t really getting a look in. He is valued at £78 million or so and would be easy to sell but I just don’t feel good about doing it.

I still remember the names of youngsters I've brought through in games from years ago 😂 think it was FM17 or 18.

Scott Leslie. CM I gave a debut to at 16/17, then stayed in my team for the next decade until I moved onto the next version of the game. Ended up 2* rated but was captain and regular throughout it. Numerous chances to sign 5* wonderkid CMs turned down because it was pointless signing anyone to replace him. Greatest moment away to Real Madrid with us 2-0 down from the first leg. Smashed a hat trick in while valued at about £2m 😂

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I still remember the names of youngsters I've brought through in games from years ago 😂 think it was FM17 or 18.

Scott Leslie. CM I gave a debut to at 16/17, then stayed in my team for the next decade until I moved onto the next version of the game. Ended up 2* rated but was captain and regular throughout it. Numerous chances to sign 5* wonderkid CMs turned down because it was pointless signing anyone to replace him. Greatest moment away to Real Madrid with us 2-0 down from the first leg. Smashed a hat trick in while valued at about £2m 😂

I still remember a AMRC called Liam Kavanagh from FM09/10. Got him on a free transfer from Fulham for FC United when I was in League 2. Straight into the team and was the captain when we first qualified for the Champions League 10 or so years later. He was only a 2/2.5* player when that happened but I as also always giving him way more game time than he should have.

One of my long term saves on FM18 was a Kelty march up the leagues. When I got to League Two I picked up this pacey winger... Keith Cotton. Northern Irish, hadn't played in a few years but f**k me, he was a regular through until we won the Premiership. 

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

2022 and there's a 2 month break in October and November for the World Cup? 2 fucking months?! 29/10 to 26/12 is the time between my games with Ayr and Aberdeen. That's wild. 

Yeah that happened with me in a few saves in FM20 (not got that far in any saves in 21 yet :lol:) . That's not the only frustrating thing, the substequent Jan and Feb schedule is absolutely ridiculous, especially if you're still in domestic cups and/or Europe.  

My second season with Queen's Park is going pretty well, 2 point cushion over Craig Levein's Inverness after 13 games

image.png.086b11e9cf461e41e5a00a50493ed2c6.png

Squad is looking pretty solid, a few good younsters as well as some veterans.  A couple are moaning p***ks though, Dean Cornelius wants away because I didn't sign any midfielders, despite the fact that I signed Roddy MacGregor.  Also Simon Murray is complaining as he's not getting enough game time, despite the fact that Bob McHugh is in good form

image.thumb.png.5246070171308760cbcaba8b9632354a.png

I have this problem still in the 3rd season where I am told I can't loan any further domestic players as I have exceeded my quota (6 from 4?!). Which means I'm unable to take advantage of any decent loan opportunities from Celtic or Rangers. 

I decided to start a Queens Park save last night for a bit of fun. Not sure what's going on though as I've started the game with £600K debt and an £80K transfer budget. I thought these c***s had millions? Still playing at Hampden too, with no sign of the funds from the sale.

Edited by The Moonster

I decided to start a Queens Park save last night for a bit of fun. Not sure what's going on though as I've started the game with £600K debt and an £80K transfer budget. I thought these c***s had millions? Still playing at Hampden too, with no sign of the funds from the sale.
They don't move from Hampden until next season, although Id be surprised if that's made it into the game

On 18/01/2021 at 15:59, Mr X said:
On 18/01/2021 at 13:43, The Moonster said:

They don't move from Hampden until next season, although Id be surprised if that's made it into the game

The move to Lesser is in the game. 

Assuming I'll be rolling in it when that goes through?

I'm in my third season with Queen's Park and the finances definitely kicked on once the move to Lesser Hampden went through.

I'm currently in Oct. 2022 and sitting with £6.6m in the bank. I was given a transfer budget of £3.7m in the Championship this season, with a wage budget of £38k p/w. Downside is (with a slice of realism), most players don't want to consider signing for you until you're an established Championship club...

Assuming I'll be rolling in it when that goes through?

8 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I'm in my third season with Queen's Park and the finances definitely kicked on once the move to Lesser Hampden went through.

I'm currently in Oct. 2022 and sitting with £6.6m in the bank. I was given a transfer budget of £3.7m in the Championship this season, with a wage budget of £38k p/w. Downside is (with a slice of realism), most players don't want to consider signing for you until you're an established Championship club...

Aye, pretty much this. I've not went them but from other saves you can see it. It'll be a good few pages back now but from one of my saves after FM21 first came out I posted QP's signings in either season 2 or 3. Was fucking crazy :lol: 

edit - FM21 - Page 21 - Football Manager - The Pie Shop (pieandbovril.com)

Edited by C. Muir