FM21

ajwffc

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Just had my first crash dump since about FM11 🙄

i have had 3 in the last couple of days the first in ages. 2 caused no problems as they were just after an auto save but one  cost me 2 games and a recruitment meeting 

Spent the past week or so having great fun on an unemployed save. I loaded up Germany, Austria and Switzerland with a German version of me. Looking to just see where my career takes me. Was offered my first job midway through season one with Grazer AK in the Austrian First Division, struggling at the bottom too. Results were tricky to come by, but in the end, I managed to keep them in the division.

Bit of a rebuilding job in the summer, and a blistering start had me hopeful of a promotion push. In this 16 team division though, only the champions go up. It's like managing in the Championship before the play-offs came in. I could imagine it would be deeply frustrating but we thankfully had such a good start, that we had margin for error. First job offer came in from  Germany without me applying but it didn't bother me as it was Osnabruck who looked doomed to relegation to the German 3rd league. But that all changed when Werder Bremen offered me their job. Struggling in the Bundesliga and the challenge really enticed me, but I was determined to get Grazer promoted and have that on my CV so I requested Werder wait til the end of the season, which thankfully they accepted. All went to plan, I took Grazer up, Werder stayed up, and I rode off into the sunset in May 2020, now a Grazer AK legend.

Still in season 1 at Bremen, but having a terrific season. We've just beaten Leipzig 1-0 to go 2nd ahead of them, and level on points with Bayern, although they still have 2 games in hand, and we've still to play them twice. Like in real life, Bremen had really struggled in the league and become cannon fodder until my arrival, and it was clear to see why. They had some absolute dross, on silly wages on the books, so it was little wonder they were stagnating. I've replaced many of the has been's with some exciting talent, as well as some younger players already in my youth teams. Never had so much fun doing a rebuild job I don't think. Hopefully just the start of a dynasty at Werder Bremen. My transfers are below:Werder.thumb.png.ce06284975d308858d984d5c28f3e9f7.png

Won the Championship in my 2nd season with 3 games remaining, turned into an absolute canter in the end. Ross Stewart currently top of the scoring charts on 17 goals with Jay Stansfield on 16 in 2nd. I play one up top normally so delighted with those goal returns. 

I'm adamant that a good team chemistry is still key in this game as the first season is barely got to average. 

Started a save as Sunderland was struggling until I changed my tactics to wing play and went on a run of 12 unbeaten at the  end of season one to pip Ipswich to the league title.

started another save with East Fife. Jack Hamilton has scored 7 in 5 but can’t get anyone around him to score any. 

Founding the East Fife save more of a challenge as we hardly have any money and it’s hard to stop players wanting away after a championship club comes in even if it’s Alloa who are sitting bottom of the league in January whilst your fighting for a playoff place in League One.

overall im enjoying the East Fife save more as I  never fully go into a game thinking we’ve won this before the game kicks off 

Edited by Rbon

Can confirm the Anton Dowds train remains on the tracks even after being knocked out of the Euro Conference League by Copenhagen. Does like a goal that boy.
He was absolutely pants for my Morton team. Released after a year with 3 goals to his name. Disappointed after hearing such great things!

Isn't being missed as we managed to make the Scottish Cup semi final and premiership playoff semi in 21/22 before losing the Betfred Cup Final on pens in 22/23. Currently sitting 10 points clear at the top of the table and enjoyed a 30 game unbeaten run spanning the two seasons before being ended - enfuriatingly - by Snake McKinnon's Queens Park.

Hoping to hold on to the title with about 10 games to go, goals have very much dried up lately so fortunate I don't seem to concede many. Hopefully the heads don't drop having just lost the cup final.

5 hours ago, Widge said:

image.thumb.png.0de795f23f5eb1c533c72de5ad3f6833.png

Think my chances of getting him to agree a new long term contract have gone! Obviously my play out from the back philosophy is getting the plaudits!

He ended up signing for Liverpool in my save :lol: 

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

He ended up signing for Liverpool in my save :lol: 

Think that’s maybe a slight coding errors in the game 😂. Either way, off he went, 1.2mil and a 20% sell on fee. He was at Arsenal 4 days and out on loan already to Ligue 1. 

Started a new save in Greece. Had. a look at the squad as you do and found we have 38 players in our playing squad. This is the most I have seen in a squad since I managed Maccabi Haifa in FM 17 and had something stupid like 40 players at the start.

Luckily unlike Maccabi Haifa 7 of the Panathinaikos players are listed as youngster who are expecting next to no game time. We have a few 21 year olds who are still saying are good enough to play in the first team but are 7th choice in their prymimary  position 

Add to that I have an assistant who looking at his knowledge of Greece would be lucky to find it on a map.

Edited by Rbon

After playing my Toulouse save from release for 7/8 seasons and establishing them as France's second force (PSG are just unstoppable imagine Celtic of the last couple of years x10. Constantly spunking 120M+ on players each window.) I've gotten a bit bored.

I'm yet to do my traditional Hamilton save this year cause Brexit, but going to start one I think. What would people reccomend doing when managing a non OF Scottish side to manage Brexit? Will I be best to add in the other UK leagues I don't normally load i.e. Wales, Ireland, Gibraltar etc. to make it less of a pain in the c**t? and I suppose I'm best to not bother adding in the lower top nation leagues (i.e spain, germany) because whats the point?

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

32 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

After playing my Toulouse save for 7/8 seasons and establishing them as France's second force (PSG are just unstoppable imagine Celtic of the last couple of years x10. Constantly spunking 120M+ on players each window.) I've gotten a bit bored.

I'm yet to do my traditional Hamilton save this year cause Brexit, but going to start one I think. What would people reccomend doing when managing a non OF Scottish side to manage Brexit? Will I be best to add in the other UK leagues I don't normally load i.e. Wales, Ireland, Gibraltar etc. to make it less of a pain in the c**t? and I suppose I'm best to not bother adding in the lower top nation leagues (i.e spain, germany) because whats the point?

I started managing in the lower leagues of Scotland but I've moved to United now.

I can sign really good players on loan from The Barclays and I've signed a couple of foreign players without any issues. It was signing foreigners in the Championship/League One which was impossible as they never got work permits due to the low wages.

TNS in Wales have great regens on my game.

Did you win any trophies with Toulouse?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

19 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I started managing in the lower leagues of Scotland but I've moved to United now.

I can sign really good players on loan from The Barclays and I've signed a couple of foreign players without any issues. It was signing foreigners in the Championship/League One which was impossible as they never got work permits due to the low wages.

TNS in Wales have great regens on my game.

Did you win any trophies with Toulouse?

I may just end up doing another European save in Spain or Italy this time. Maybe Palermo will see.

Won Ligue 2 at a canter in the first season after Toulouse were EXPELLED from Ligue 1 due to 'reasons', sounds familiar 🤔. The squad was miles ahead of the rest of Ligue 2. After promotion and a couple of seasons of solidifying with the big boys I managed to win the French cup and get the famous Aberdeen 2nd place trophy twice. Any top 5 finish to get Champions League/Europa League qualification is enough to keep the board happy though.
They have a pretty good youth academy in game so a good few regens have came through and been sold for big money to balance the books as it's easy to find yourself running at a loss since the TV money isn't great and I made the board buy our stadium racking up a 45million pound loan while we were still in Ligue 2.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I may just end up doing another European save in Spain or Italy this time. Maybe Palermo will see.

Won Ligue 2 at a canter in the first season after Toulouse were EXPELLED from Ligue 1 due to 'reasons', sounds familiar 🤔. The squad was miles ahead of the rest of Ligue 2. After promotion and a couple of seasons of solidifying with the big boys I managed to win the French cup and get the famous Aberdeen 2nd place trophy twice. Any top 5 finish to get Champions League/Europa League qualification is enough to keep the board happy though.
They have a pretty good youth academy in game so a good few regens have came through and been sold for big money to balance the books as it's easy to find yourself running at a loss since the TV money isn't great and I made the board buy our stadium racking up a 45million pound loan while we were still in Ligue 2.

I’d recommend Palermo. I still have a save running with them on FM20. I’ve won a fair few titles now but it took me a good 10 years to qualify for Europe.

On 05/01/2021 at 16:21, Rbon said:

Started a new save in Greece. Had. a look at the squad as you do and found we have 38 players in our playing squad. This is the most I have seen in a squad since I managed Maccabi Haifa in FM 17 and had something stupid like 40 players at the start.

Luckily unlike Maccabi Haifa 7 of the Panathinaikos players are listed as youngster who are expecting next to no game time. We have a few 21 year olds who are still saying are good enough to play in the first team but are 7th choice in their prymimary  position 

Add to that I have an assistant who looking at his knowledge of Greece would be lucky to find it on a map.

How you finding it overall? Done a couple of attempts with PAOK in previous versions but really like the thought of Panathinaikos. I've got a Greek mate so follow the league a bit and Panathinaikos are rank these days. Remember them playing in the UCL groups often.