FM21

ajwffc

11 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Downloaded this tonight. I’ve been on FM17 for years as it was the last one to allow stadium photos to show on match days in the 2D pitch (old school CM style) and I’m always hesitant to move to the less immersive experience.

First thought is that there’s an absolute ton of extra screens and info, and that’s with me leaving training/press conferences to my assistant. Sure I’ll get used to it, but I guess it just shows how much it’s evolved in 4 years.

Aberdeen injuries were hellish already but then Watkins broke his leg within a week so signed Rudy Gestede. Considine isn’t speaking to me either because I made him captain before I noticed McCrories leadership stat.

Aye. Nae cash. Nae strikers. Crap wingers but no creative centre mid 🤣

I requested more funds after getting punted out of Europe in the play off. If you haven't yet then make sure you do that.

19 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Now at halfway stage of season 2. I had a much shakier start to my season this year (St. Mirren Park getting an extra 3,800 seats installed so might be something to do with home games being at Rugby Park until the new year) but have grown into it and fighting Ross County for 3rd.

image.thumb.png.6cd68aff5d8147e54a01f2584e5e2c18.png

Betfred Cup run went well enough though...

image.thumb.png.1922abf7903aa4e453e8de6a63acf58a.png

As for Europe, got a shockingly easy draw to make groups of Europa league where plenty of lessons were handed out to us until the last match. I assumed it was out and didn't know 3rd place got you a drop into the Europa Conference league so just as well we turned on the style...

image.thumb.png.488157ce6e57c86355dce76d974652e2.png

So I made it to the fabled 'after christmas' at the first attempt. Astana await in the first knockout round - they'll likely be far too strong.

How do you get your fixtures to display like that? i.e the green/amber/red for the result plus the goalscorers. All I can get is either or. 

10 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

How do you get your fixtures to display like that? i.e the green/amber/red for the result plus the goalscorers. All I can get is either or. 

There's a 'customise current view' tab up here where you can take or add whatever you like:

image.png.2c11699c5fd7136c92b456708a223707.png

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's a 'customise current view' tab up here where you can take or add whatever you like:

image.png.2c11699c5fd7136c92b456708a223707.png

Cheers. 

Another question, what no brexit mod are you using? I subscribed to the one i posted earlier in thread for starting my Blackburn save. Still getting this though. 

image.thumb.png.c03b9c782c78545e246ddff72187b1f6.png

Haven't played FM in 6/7 years but decided to take the plunge this year and bought FM21 earlier in the week. Just finished my first season as Raith and have to recommend Yannick Touré as a superb loan signing for any Championship side. 30 goals in a reduced season as he fired us to the league title. Worried about my chances last season as I've lost every game in the cups against Premiership sides.

image.thumb.png.493af3f20e237573ef7698a87aa45904.png

image.thumb.png.5b97efabc6b004d96f2e528161c456e9.png

image.thumb.png.82af18599628603575922c52326cafab.png

15 hours ago, Meatwad said:

Been doing a blog on my career with Thistle over here

Almost done with season one at the time of writing.

Season one now complete, latest blog entry can be found by clicking the link in the quoted post.

Anyone had a crazy scoreline yet? 
image.png.f54358dcdd835863e8d607b29f2a3280.png
6-1 down at half time [emoji38] 
Imagine scoring 6 away from home and still coming away with nothing but. 
Playing as Montrose, mid way through January and I've had an 8-2 win against Falkirk, a 7-4 win against Forfar and a 6-5, defeat to Partick Thistle, Kane Hester scoring 10 of the 15 goals in the 2 victories[emoji848]

Truly beautiful when you persevere with your tactic and you start to reap the benefits.
image.png.733f340860ce98df7e8a5eaeaaa3f720.png

Not trying to shit in your achievement but that’s one thing I have noticed that teams seem to go in long runs of wins/losses more often in this one.

Always see in the social feed or in the weekend league news bit. Team X’s 7/8/9 game unbeaten run comes to an end.

I decided to give my QP save a rest after gaining promotion to the Premiership at the first time of asking.

Went Dortmund and I have to say that Lassina Troare from Ajax is the best player in the game. The boy is lethal and a snip at about 5 million.

On 04/12/2020 at 00:59, anotherchance said:

Downloaded this tonight. I’ve been on FM17 for years as it was the last one to allow stadium photos to show on match days in the 2D pitch (old school CM style) and I’m always hesitant to move to the less immersive experience.

First thought is that there’s an absolute ton of extra screens and info, and that’s with me leaving training/press conferences to my assistant. Sure I’ll get used to it, but I guess it just shows how much it’s evolved in 4 years.

Aberdeen injuries were hellish already but then Watkins broke his leg within a week so signed Rudy Gestede. Considine isn’t speaking to me either because I made him captain before I noticed McCrories leadership stat.

If it all gets a bit much, I'd recommend Touch. On the laptop, it's pretty much the full game minus press conferences, in depth training etc. Same match engine and what not, big bonus is it processes much quicker in between days.

I'd went from playing 09 on the laptop to 19 so quite the difference for me. No matter how hard I try, I can't get into the full version. Too much going on in between matches. I like the good old tactics and transfers approach. 

After learning the ropes a bit with Kaiserslautern, I have decided to start my traditional Celtic Challenge, where I set restrictions on transfers.  This time I am not allowing myself to sign any player over 20, unless they are Scottish.  

Some interesting realism questions

1. Scott Brown is apparently still good (unrealistic)

2. Celtic's goalies and Centre Backs are crap (realistic)

3. Leigh Griffiths is fit and performing well (unrealistic)

4. Celtic have a bunch of crap players out on loan (realistic)