FM21

ajwffc

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
11 hours ago, Connor1874 said:
[mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] Just started my Hearts save on Touch and signed Klimala. Just thought I'd let you know. emoji6.png
He rejected me too first time round, but I tried again on deadline day and he's signed. Thank **** because Boyce is out for upto 9 months with an ACL. Just like he was on my Bets save.

b*****d!

Also signed Bendtner on a free. Klimala and Bendtner as a front 2 in the Championship. :lol: 

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only to make the teams playable by the looks of things.

I started with 6/7 players, all of whom are already in the database due to playing for league clubs at some point in their career. 

I can check tonight how many a certain club starts with if you want? But I'm sure most start with little. Most clubs have made 8+ signings in the first window.

I forgot I could check squads in the editor so just done that and aye you're right, most squads are correct in terms of their players who have played for league clubs in the past. That was me just opening the normal database in the editor though and not Mozzas but obviously if he hasn't made any squad changes they'll show up the same anyway. 

No idea who to go whenever I get round to a save in it. Clyde are still the closest team to me even including juniors (Kirkintilloch Rob Roy moved to Cumbernauld years ago and still aren't back "home"), so the 2nd closest team to me is Kilsyth Rangers (a mammoth .1 miles further away from me than Broadwood), but they only have 1 player :lol:  

4 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Also signed Bendtner on a free. Klimala and Bendtner as a front 2 in the Championship. :lol: 

I tried to get him on my game but he turned me down to move to the US. Seems to have flopped over there so maybe it was for the best! 

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I forgot I could check squads in the editor so just done that and aye you're right, most squads are correct in terms of their players who have played for league clubs in the past. That was me just opening the normal database in the editor though and not Mozzas but obviously if he hasn't made any squad changes they'll show up the same anyway. 

No idea who to go whenever I get round to a save in it. Clyde are still the closest team to me even including juniors (Kirkintilloch Rob Roy moved to Cumbernauld years ago and still aren't back "home"), so the 2nd closest team to me is Kilsyth Rangers (a mammoth .1 miles further away from me than Broadwood), but they only have 1 player :lol:  

Its insane.

0 budget, I only got 6 players earning over £20 a week before I was restricted to £7 a week. Every club is after the same players. Only 4 loans allowed.

Had to sign the greyed out players simply to have 11 players 😂

4 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

I tried to get him on my game but he turned me down to move to the US. Seems to have flopped over there so maybe it was for the best! 

I barely got a month past the transfer window and was getting offered money for him. :lol: Best offer was 50k from AEK Athens, but he's doing well for me and with Boyce out long term, I don't want to risk selling him and not being able to upgrade. Happy to turn the cash down for goals. Famous last words...

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:
3 hours ago, C. Muir said:
Anyone had a crazy scoreline yet? 
image.png.f54358dcdd835863e8d607b29f2a3280.png
6-1 down at half time emoji38.png 
Imagine scoring 6 away from home and still coming away with nothing but. 

I had a 6-3. 3-0 up after about 15 minutes, got pulled back to 3-3 before scoring 3 late goals

Not had it as bad as that, but I find that happens quite common. Had a few on the Beta where I was 2 or 3 up, closed back to a goal, then scoring 2 or 3 late on. Quite frustrating. Seems almost impossible to keep a run of clean sheets.

Finally won a league game at the 10th time of asking, smashing Rovers 3-0 in the derby! Kevin O'Hara had complained pre match about getting no match time so threw him in. Came out with 2 goals, as soon as the transfer window opened I terminated half my loan contracts as they're just not clicking. Settled back into a gegenpress 4-2-3-1 after the initial 3-5-2 then flat 4-4-2. 

On 01/12/2020 at 19:47, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thoughts on difficulty? Last years 4-2-3-1 gegenpress made the game too easy, a couple of hours in here and I'm joint top of the Swiss League at halway with newly promoted Vaduz, who were 900-1 shots.

I had a successful first year using 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with Dumbarton but now in the Championship I can't play that way away from home at all or I get dicked. One thing I did last year to make things harder was put my reputation and coaching badges to a lower point than was suitable for the team I was starting with. Makes it harder to build relationships with players and to get them to buy into your tactics. 

21 hours ago, C. Muir said:

6-1 down at half time :lol: 

I had a game that was 4-4 after 32 minutes with Falkirk. Every shot either team hit was going in. It finished 4-4 though. 

On 01/12/2020 at 13:50, C. Muir said:

We prepared for the Championship in a less Gretna esque way than our Glasgow counterparts.

image.png.3a7b759554762978a08d6316ecd260c5.pngimage.png.77856b6c72f5089e6fedebccf25dacab.png

Out have went Kieran Shanks to Dunfermline for 3k and Kyle Banner on loan to Albion Rovers. Matej Vajs, Mark Kerr, Peter Grant, Kurtis Roberts, Ally Love, Chris Johnston and Euan East were released. 

July and August of the season ended on a sour note with a disappointing loss at home to Arbroath (which I had marked as my easiest game on paper) but can't complain at all at the start overall. I also have a Betfred cup quarter final at St Johnstone to look forward to after another superb group stage and a favourable draw  in the last 16 which saw progression. 

image.thumb.png.f490fafe9f83110d364959ae8d8899dc.png

Biabi 😍 Docherty also got injured on his debut and is out for 4 months. 

Played up till the end of 2022. Really struggled for form up till the end of November including 6 defeats on the bounce. Starting to perk up again though.

image.thumb.png.ac27b83949f7e597199a5cbb23ffebfe.png

image.png.4af8eec609915c4f9135a93bc96dc721.png

Moneybags Queen's Park underachieving big time but still managed to horse me 5-2 at Broadwood.. Wonder how much they'll spend in January :lol: 

Only 2 points off a promotion play off spot but not really looking at that just now. More concerned about having another poor 2nd half of the season like the last 2 years so staying in the division is my priority. 

Edited by C. Muir

On 02/12/2020 at 13:08, C. Muir said:

6-1 down at half time :lol: 

Not yet. I get one every iteration of FM though. I beat Albania 8-7 as Scotland manager on FM19 and won 10-9 at Parkhead as St. Mirren manager last season.

Now at halfway stage of season 2. I had a much shakier start to my season this year (St. Mirren Park getting an extra 3,800 seats installed so might be something to do with home games being at Rugby Park until the new year) but have grown into it and fighting Ross County for 3rd.

image.thumb.png.6cd68aff5d8147e54a01f2584e5e2c18.png

Betfred Cup run went well enough though...

image.thumb.png.1922abf7903aa4e453e8de6a63acf58a.png

As for Europe, got a shockingly easy draw to make groups of Europa league where plenty of lessons were handed out to us until the last match. I assumed it was out and didn't know 3rd place got you a drop into the Europa Conference league so just as well we turned on the style...

image.thumb.png.488157ce6e57c86355dce76d974652e2.png

So I made it to the fabled 'after christmas' at the first attempt. Astana await in the first knockout round - they'll likely be far too strong.

Into Premiership with Airdrie after consecutive promotions, amazingly without plug-and-play tactics for a change. Playing a 4-1-2-3, first season Ally Roy scored 23 to take us up, and second season signed Anton Dowds and he's banged in another 23 in the Championship to take us up. Put Thomas Robert on a 3 year deal and sold him to Hibs for a club record £120k at end of season one, loaned back for 0% wages second season although he was hopeless in the Championship. Charlie Telfer got 17 assists from centre mid in the Championship also.

Now the hard yards in getting ready for the Prem. My scouting is a shambles and can't afford the packages for more expansive recruitment, relying on myself going into teams to find pre-contracts, whether it be south of the border or in other countries. Wish me luck.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

After my humblebrag of taking diddies to the top of the table and the game possibly being easy, I've not won in 10 and have slumped to 4th.

I've started a save in Denmark with Sonderjyske and have a record of 7 wins and 1 draw after 8 games, and sat 9 points clear at top already. :lol: 

Spent a bit of time tweaking my tactics and finding out what mentality works best but even still, it's pretty ridiculous.

Downloaded this tonight. I’ve been on FM17 for years as it was the last one to allow stadium photos to show on match days in the 2D pitch (old school CM style) and I’m always hesitant to move to the less immersive experience.

First thought is that there’s an absolute ton of extra screens and info, and that’s with me leaving training/press conferences to my assistant. Sure I’ll get used to it, but I guess it just shows how much it’s evolved in 4 years.

Aberdeen injuries were hellish already but then Watkins broke his leg within a week so signed Rudy Gestede. Considine isn’t speaking to me either because I made him captain before I noticed McCrories leadership stat.