FM21

ajwffc

Added some experience in January with the signings of free agents Brian Easton, Peter Pawlett and Peter Grant. Grant backup to Lang and Semple, Easton and Pawlett straight into the team.

Despite the new boys performing well enough, a completely predictable bed shitting with only 4 wins in 2022 had the final table ending up like this. 

image.png.c24039cc2cfc5e40b83a86fb100be06c.png

Queen's Park blasting their way through the divisions. Actually looking forward to seeing who they bring in for the Championship :lol: 

2 seasons in a row now the form in the 2nd half of the season has cost us a title. Fannying about with the formation as soon as I went on a bad run didn't help and after no real up turn in form I reverted back to a basic 442 which saw form get slightlty better towards the end of the season. Ultimately too late though.

However....

Spoiler

image.png.59263d2a2d82f69beed35a71b8adce20.pngimage.png.5bb7f3c0cd982db861855bba9170c31c.png

image.png.ee94cb018200ed8e4e56622c15f95c54.pngimage.png.c2beb924a75ff435b62ca95291f96ba0.png

:D :D:D 

I was absolutely shitting myself during that Inverness 2nd leg. Thought we were gone when it went 3-0. 

First time Clyde will be in a division above their old Glasgow rivals since 05/06, the year we beat Celtic in the cup. I just wanted to point that out incase I draw Celtic in the Scottish cup next season and miraculously manage to beat them. 

Can't do the screenshots from this computer, but I won League 1 with Dumbarton last night. Final day of the season, Cove were 3 points ahead needing only a point at home to Montrose to clinch the title, I was at home to Clyde. A comfortable 5-1 home win for the Sons saw us do our bit, but with 15 to go Cove were leading 1-0. Step forward, Chris Mochrie - an equaliser in the 78th minute to give the Sons fans some hope. As we lurked into 90+4 at the Rock, the unthinkable happened - Martin Rennie popped in a winner for Montrose. The game ended and I was expecting to see the team lift the trophy, but no celebrations were forthcoming. This save is one I'm doing with my mate, so I then had to sit and wait for his game to finish before I could see the confirmation. The whole time I was just waiting on reading "Megginson - 90+6" but thankfully the equaliser never came.

The board have doubled the wage budget but still no transfer budget to play with. I've brought in Steven Boyd, Chris McStay, Craig Moore, Matty Smith and Ray Grant so far but I'm still finding it hard for some players to be interested in the club - Peter Grant for example has been released by QP but he doesn't think playing for Dumbarton in the Championship would be a good career move. Bonkers.

One player I'd recommend for anyone looking for a free striker in the first season - Anthony Spyrou plays for a team called "Holland" on amateur terms and I got him signed up for £300 a week. He scored 32 goals in League 1, his stats aren't tremendous but he's absolutely banged them in.

Loving the game, it really is a step up this year.

We prepared for the Championship in a less Gretna esque way than our Glasgow counterparts.

image.png.3a7b759554762978a08d6316ecd260c5.pngimage.png.77856b6c72f5089e6fedebccf25dacab.png

Out have went Kieran Shanks to Dunfermline for 3k and Kyle Banner on loan to Albion Rovers. Matej Vajs, Mark Kerr, Peter Grant, Kurtis Roberts, Ally Love, Chris Johnston and Euan East were released. 

July and August of the season ended on a sour note with a disappointing loss at home to Arbroath (which I had marked as my easiest game on paper) but can't complain at all at the start overall. I also have a Betfred cup quarter final at St Johnstone to look forward to after another superb group stage and a favourable draw  in the last 16 which saw progression. 

image.thumb.png.f490fafe9f83110d364959ae8d8899dc.png

Biabi 😍 Docherty also got injured on his debut and is out for 4 months. 

Edited by C. Muir

13 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Queens Park Ins 2022/23 😅

image.png.3affa38ec1d760e28df814ad0f34562d.pngimage.png.5cc665e167f74a2ce279dbd0764b5e40.png

Wild.

I've only got Scotland loaded in my Jeanfield save, so should hopefully batter through seasons when I get a chance to play. Interested to see how they look if/when I reach League Two...

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild.

I've only got Scotland loaded in my Jeanfield save, so should hopefully batter through seasons when I get a chance to play. Interested to see how they look if/when I reach League Two...

Are you using Mozzas database? I downloaded it but that engrossed in this save I haven't had a chance/bothered to start another save yet. 

Does he only unlock the leagues to make the teams playable or edit some of the squads too? For instance if I went a team like St Rochs or Darvel would it have at least a fair amount of their current squad? I can't even check if it's their current squads on my save as it's 3 seasons in. 

15 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Are you using Mozzas database? I downloaded it but that engrossed in this save I haven't had a chance/bothered to start another save yet. 

Does he only unlock the leagues to make the teams playable or edit some of the squads too? For instance if I went a team like St Rochs or Darvel would it have at least a fair amount of their current squad? I can't even check if it's their current squads on my save as it's 3 seasons in. 

Only to make the teams playable by the looks of things.

I started with 6/7 players, all of whom are already in the database due to playing for league clubs at some point in their career. 

I can check tonight how many a certain club starts with if you want? But I'm sure most start with little. Most clubs have made 8+ signings in the first window.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

This is where the xG is annoying me. 

I won two penalties. Neither were goal scoring opportunities. I'm being told it was fantastic performance.

Capture.PNG

I asked them to make it non-pen xG only on the SI forum, but obviously they didn't think it was necessary. 

I got pumped 2-0 and my only effort on goal was a penalty, and I got told we played well.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I asked them to make it non-pen xG only on the SI forum, but obviously they didn't think it was necessary. 

I got pumped 2-0 and my only effort on goal was a penalty, and I got told we played well.

Yeah it's a bit daft.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Thoughts on difficulty? Last years 4-2-3-1 gegenpress made the game too easy, a couple of hours in here and I'm joint top of the Swiss League at halway with newly promoted Vaduz, who were 900-1 shots.

Really? I could not get a number 10 to work at all last year!

I tried to go with the 5-2-2-1 Aberdeen play and that was a mistake. Having joy with the 4-2-3-1 now 

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Really? I could not get a number 10 to work at all last year!

I tried to go with the 5-2-2-1 Aberdeen play and that was a mistake. Having joy with the 4-2-3-1 now 

aye, felt last year was a breeze, gegenpress was op.

Hope that this year isn't as easy.

swiss.PNG.e2e0163b1849a20870206cafd43c4499.PNGswiss3.PNG.4dc292a3f1ec39bcb8db99bc49f223b5.PNG

Mind you, this just happened.

swiss1.PNG.e0266b052c99bc194846e851744a562d.PNG

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

swiss.PNG.e2e0163b1849a20870206cafd43c4499.PNGswiss3.PNG.4dc292a3f1ec39bcb8db99bc49f223b5.PNG

Oocha.

I didn't start playing until March this year so they'd maybe nerfed the 4-2-3-1. 4-4-2 was ridiculously op for me.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't know, I tried the 4-2-3-1 gegenpress for a while, and won 1 match out of 14 with it.

I think it's probably still overpowered but not to the same extent that it was last year.

@Stellaboz Just started my Hearts save on Touch and signed Klimala. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

He rejected me too first time round, but I tried again on deadline day and he's signed. Thank **** because Boyce is out for upto 9 months with an ACL. Just like he was on my Bets save.

Geggenpress seems to be OP if opposition managers aren't expecting it. 

Plenty of folk have stormed their first season with a weak side using it, then got obliterated once the AI catches on, and they start playing better sides.

Feels like its easier to beat the sort of middle of the road sides this year, and it just seems to be your luck against bigger sides. Some folk claim they stroll to titles with zero challenge, while some guy with a Valencia save had Barca and Real only lose games to each other over a season.

Jeanfield Swifts save scrapped, as I've just realised Kinnoull are in it, are a league lower, but can still get promoted right through the pyramid.

Theyre closer and worse, so I felt like a glory hunter choosing Jeanfield.

So with this out on the Xbox I’ve been able to pick up a new FM for the first time in almost 10 years.

Went Kilmarnock naturally and found the club to be naturally skint. So what do you do when you are skint? Blow what little budget you have on the biggest name you can find.

Missed out on a 37 year old Yaya Toure which was a blessing in disguise I’m sure as I had to max out almost everything I had to offer him. So instead I turned my attention to a certain Mr N Bendtner.  He wasn’t actually that much in wages, maybe £2K p/w.

Doing not too bad sitting 6th in the league with 13 after 11 games although 4 points behind 5th placed Livingston. Bottom of the table Hamilton are only 5 points behind me though so it is a very tight division.

Brophy has scored 6 league goals and Bendtner 4 so not doing too bad.

I’ve already had my first bout of “one more game” which came about 2 hours ago just before the League Cup group started. Ended up playing the first 3 games (win over Morten and two penalties bonus points against Falkirk and Queens Park) and then the final game of the first round of league fixtures as well.

Biggest issue with Killie is a really aging squad plus a lot of players out of contract June 2021. So I’ve signed Findlay, Kiltie and Tshibola up on longer deals. All the rest like Broadfoot, Mulumbu, Dicker I’m going to get rid of. 

[mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] Just started my Hearts save on Touch and signed Klimala. Just thought I'd let you know. [emoji6]
He rejected me too first time round, but I tried again on deadline day and he's signed. Thank **** because Boyce is out for upto 9 months with an ACL. Just like he was on my Bets save.
b*****d!