FM21

ajwffc

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Klimala was on around 24 league goals by November. 

Started up the full game and deleted my beta save as I thought it would be worth it long term. First thing I do is try to sign him, he doesn't want to come. Utterly raging. 

Yeah, thankfully they sorted that issue.

You could sign PSG loanees in the Scottish Championship on the beta.

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Obika up top is an absolute monster with 12 goals from 7 starts and 4 sub appearances.

Check that form!

image.thumb.png.e2f5047c7bfdd9dc3adef1a31b074885.png

Lee Erwin also every bit as good on the wing as he is up top in game.

image.thumb.png.ef9a5b88e91ae4d591450777d2289b54.png

May just sign him for my hibs team for his services against Hearts. 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

May just sign him for my hibs team for his services against Hearts. 

Another recommendation is this guy. You can get him on loan from Millwall for about 20-30% of his wages and he's excellent in that second striker role if you play two up top (which I do).

His assists and overall contribution are really good.

image.thumb.png.77770e462791cae5ef5d21ade14bca2f.png

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

How you finding it?

I'm struggling a bit. Aberdeen's injury crisis you begin with is a nightmare.

I've not been able to play much tbh, and started a Charlton save. Scunnered myself with Saints last season doing 100 attempts at not being shit 😂

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not been able to play much tbh, and started a Charlton save. Scunnered myself with Saints last season doing 100 attempts at not being shit 😂

Ha ha. It's getting harder starting with teams that are not expected to do much in the league. 

On another note articles like this are pointless:

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/best-fm21-players/

How much of them could you sign for a team? If you want the best players just start as Liverpool obviously.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Ha ha. It's getting harder starting with teams that are not expected to do much in the league. 

How much of them could you sign for a team? If you want the best players just start as Liverpool obviously.

Get that with wonderkid lists aswell. Used to be genuinely insightful with unknowns from Norway etc., now folk just pump out lists including Fati and Haaland.

Fairly good start to my 2nd season. Managed to keep a good nucleus from last years team, shift the deadwood and make some decent additions. 

In have came..

image.png.1c11687930dd2096638338536d8c458d.pngimage.png.37ef309df454bd491dca91e3c9008113.png

Watson and Semple loans were me rushing about to get cover at left back as my only option there was Michael Miller (who is more of a right back or centre mid anyway). Kerr's 39 but still had a good impact so far. 

Somehow managed to top my Betfred Cup group. Final game against Hibs we both had 3 wins each so winner topped the group. Held out for a 0-0 and won 7-6 on pens, David Mitchell scoring his before saving their goalies effort to win it. I got absolutely horsed at Fir Park in round 2 though. 

image.thumb.png.d95093b87b0fc04b4dcd4e6709542357.png

Queen's Park have Danny Fox, Steven Whittaker and Christophe Berra in their defence! Fox is on 2.2k a week. My highest earner is Goodwillie on £500 :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

On 26/11/2020 at 10:43, C. Muir said:

7 games to go...

image.png.aeafaf26631fe5b02e3e14da2cb04aa8.png

After being a few points clear of everyone else in December after a brilliant start, Partick Thistle have completely imploded with 1 win in 11 games, yet they could still win the league :lol:

I honestly expected to be in a struggle to stay in the league so pretty delighted with how I'm doing. 

A few folk have mentioned it but the match engine really is a massive improvement on anything before. So smooth. 

21 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Reality struck eventually 😂

image.png.76e7efcc3709b1545262d62cb9cb4d80.png

1 win in my final 7 games (against Partick Thistle) which included defeats to East Fife and Forfar. Sounds typical Clyde to me. Really frustrating that 2 or 3 bad results have turned a potentially excellent season into an average one. 

FS Dumbarton! Blew it. :P

Buying this today, really didn't expect Dumbartons squad to be challenging but if that's how the AI does then I'm getting baw deep!

On 24/11/2020 at 21:24, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely worth it.

The Brexit thing has been a pain in the arse for the last 3 seasons as it had the potential to wreck your game so it's easier just turning it off.

I've done so and started a new game as St. Mirren. My wage budget seems to be a lot lower than previously and I'm capped at £1.2k per week, meaning that a lot of good free agents don't really want anything much to do with me but I did get Morias and Durmus sold early doors and brought this chap in with the money I made. Looks like a good 'un.

image.thumb.png.a785dae21819806fd7dae3501e01082d.png

Aside from that, I've brought in Liam Burt just to beef out my reserves a bit. Not sure if he's still highly rated or not but he'll do as backup.

Due to my low wage allowance I've been stuck with young freebies and loans for foreign players whose clubs wont ask for more than a fraction of their wage - casting the net out as far as I can to be honest. I've got bids in for the lads below but not sure any or all of them will come. Haven't even scouted them as I don't have enough scouts. Just went trawling for decent stats!

image.thumb.png.43304dfa623ca9bb8bdd29727bef8367.png

image.thumb.png.e168d90f87dad37110210938d13a2cd8.png

image.thumb.png.f2a9c6ec09a990c8f3bb007594bd47a1.png

image.thumb.png.5b757d45f8cd80348d630f6815b63691.png

Do you have to start a new game for the Brexit fix to work? 

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

FS Dumbarton! Blew it. :P

Buying this today, really didn't expect Dumbartons squad to be challenging but if that's how the AI does then I'm getting baw deep!

They were decent in a few of my saves in 20 too IIRC. The 27 game season made it really wide open though, with Peterhead among the weaker sides in the division challenging at the top too. 

Dumbarton not having the best of campaigns this year so far..

image.png.50ce674a157d8521f013d2dd23f989a8.png

Edited by C. Muir

31 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

They were decent in a few of my saves in 20 too IIRC. The 27 game season made it really wide open though, with Peterhead among the weaker sides in the division challenging at the top too. 

Dumbarton not having the best of campaigns this year so far..

image.png.50ce674a157d8521f013d2dd23f989a8.png

Aye that's more what I was expecting :lol:

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I dunno I think that list is quite helpful. I mean not everyone who has played FM has heard of Neymar, Van Dijk and Mbappe.... 

Edited by RiG