FM21

ajwffc

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Anyone downloaded logo/kit packs yet? 

Would like to find a mega kitpack I can download but all I'm seeing so far as packs for individual leagues and I can't be arsed downloading 1 by 1

Same here, mate. Got everything in place other than kit packs and a decent skin. Bit of a pisser but will deal with it untill something is released.

Stuck the Celtic BETA save in the back burner and started my customary Clyde (and probably Blackburn soon too :lol:save since the full release came out. 

3 signings and already -£500 in the wage budget. Brilliant.

Callum Semple - centre back (ex QOS)

image.thumb.png.681108aece54abcc2cc313167bb5deef.png

Quite a coup for a free agent and straight away my best centre back by far. Decent contract length too to get a year or 2 out him before selling on. Hopefully he does well and his value goes up!

David Wilson - centre mid (Stirling) 

image.thumb.png.e0adb5ef8d1475e42416155cb540143d.png

Nothing special but a position where anybody is an improvement as our current pool of centre mids is rotten apart from Cammy Palmer (who's missing my first Betfred games on international duty).

Kieran Shanks - striker (free agent) 

image.thumb.png.0544f5e4c8fc51cc99c1d3c043ffe986.png

Signed on a non contract initially, hopefully nobody snaps him up and I can offer him something when I'm a bit less skint. Looks a cracker for the future. 

For the first time ever I fired up an EVERYTHING save, chucking every league and nation in to see what happened.  On the beta it was looking like just over a minute to process a day, so slow as shit, but on day 1 of the save there's an awfy lot of variety.  My completely inexperienced manager has the choice of going to Uruguay, Iceland, Romania, Denmark, Israel or India.  Quite fancy a wee shot at Tiddim Road FC in India, to be honest.  Although apparently their nickname is "The Green Bridge" and their rivals have "The Orange Brigade".  f**k sake guys.

6 hours ago, C. Muir said:

image.png.bd3639f604b722d1669a9f5095ed500d.png

Absolutely worth it.

The Brexit thing has been a pain in the arse for the last 3 seasons as it had the potential to wreck your game so it's easier just turning it off.

I've done so and started a new game as St. Mirren. My wage budget seems to be a lot lower than previously and I'm capped at £1.2k per week, meaning that a lot of good free agents don't really want anything much to do with me but I did get Morias and Durmus sold early doors and brought this chap in with the money I made. Looks like a good 'un.

image.thumb.png.a785dae21819806fd7dae3501e01082d.png

Aside from that, I've brought in Liam Burt just to beef out my reserves a bit. Not sure if he's still highly rated or not but he'll do as backup.

Due to my low wage allowance I've been stuck with young freebies and loans for foreign players whose clubs wont ask for more than a fraction of their wage - casting the net out as far as I can to be honest. I've got bids in for the lads below but not sure any or all of them will come. Haven't even scouted them as I don't have enough scouts. Just went trawling for decent stats!

image.thumb.png.43304dfa623ca9bb8bdd29727bef8367.png

image.thumb.png.e168d90f87dad37110210938d13a2cd8.png

image.thumb.png.f2a9c6ec09a990c8f3bb007594bd47a1.png

image.thumb.png.5b757d45f8cd80348d630f6815b63691.png

Edited by djchapsticks

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely worth it.

The Brexit thing has been a pain in the arse for the last 3 seasons as it had the potential to wreck your game so it's easier just turning it off.

Aye it's something I'm going to download and use ahead of other potential saves. Can't see a brexit/no brexit being much of an issue when managing Clyde :lol: 

Anybody had problems when playing the inter club friendly at the start (steam version). 

Done it on the beta and it wouldn't let me past the half time screen on said game. Reported it and they said they knew about it and were fixing it. Just played it on the  normal game and the same thing has happened again. 

Load of cheap shite.

27 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Anybody had problems when playing the inter club friendly at the start (steam version). 

Done it on the beta and it wouldn't let me past the half time screen on said game. Reported it and they said they knew about it and were fixing it. Just played it on the  normal game and the same thing has happened again. 

Load of cheap shite.

Worked fine for me mate.

11 hours ago, Mr X said:

the sortitoutsi website have released kit and graphic packs

I think he's asking about kit packs where you don't have to download individual league ones.  They've got that for badges and faces, but not for kits, which is a bit annoying. Design of how they're presented (I think just as forum threads) is a bit shit as well. 

7 games to go...

image.png.aeafaf26631fe5b02e3e14da2cb04aa8.png

After being a few points clear of everyone else in December after a brilliant start, Partick Thistle have completely imploded with 1 win in 11 games, yet they could still win the league :lol:

I honestly expected to be in a struggle to stay in the league so pretty delighted with how I'm doing. 

A few folk have mentioned it but the match engine really is a massive improvement on anything before. So smooth. 

I think he's asking about kit packs where you don't have to download individual league ones.  They've got that for badges and faces, but not for kits, which is a bit annoying. Design of how they're presented (I think just as forum threads) is a bit shit as well. 
Ah, OK. The email I got said it had kit packs but I didnt check

Reality struck eventually 😂

image.png.76e7efcc3709b1545262d62cb9cb4d80.png

1 win in my final 7 games (against Partick Thistle) which included defeats to East Fife and Forfar. Sounds typical Clyde to me. Really frustrating that 2 or 3 bad results have turned a potentially excellent season into an average one.