FM21

ajwffc

Opted for RandomGuys less stressful approach and just went Celtic. My usual saves of Clyde and Blackburn first in a new FM can wait till at least the full version comes out, not that it'll make a difference in how I'll do with them mind you :lol: 

Just signed Viktor Fischer for £800k. Even though Covid finances at majority of lower league clubs will prevent you from doing much, the flipside is you'll be able to get a fair few bargains if you're managing a bigger club. 

Edited by C. Muir

11 hours ago, G-MAN said:

McLennan now injured on the eve of the first game of the season.

This is now 2 saves where it’s constant injuries.

IMG_1235.jpg

Also told that Considine was to become Captain with Taylor Vice Captain - told to warn Joe Lewis (couldn’t see any other option)

Did that, then turns out Lewis is still Captain and Considine no longer VC. Not sure what happened there.

Aye, but are 4 of those injuries not hard coded from the start to reflect real life?

So in reality the only injuries you've suffered are McGinn, McGeough, Hedges, then a minor one to McLennan?

McGeough will absolutely have a high injury probesness. 

So that's 2 major injuries at the same time causing you to quit on a save?

Aye, but are 4 of those injuries not hard coded from the start to reflect real life?
So in reality the only injuries you've suffered are McGinn, McGeough, Hedges, then a minor one to McLennan?
McGeough will absolutely have a high injury probesness. 
So that's 2 major injuries at the same time causing you to quit on a save?

They weren’t all injured at start of season. Some players wouldn’t have been sent on loan if that were the case.

Using youth and reserves, I have less than 20 fit players at the club.

Which has happened in both saves.

9 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m really missing the 5 subs in the second season. It’s a good way to keep more players happy and fit.

Especially if you go one of the Old Firm.

My 5 changes in my last game were 

Laxalt > Taylor 
Brown > Ntcham
Fischer - Elyounoussi
Christie > Rogic 
Edouard > Griffiths 

:lol: 

Has anyone managed to give anyone a pumping yet? I can't really complain, because I'm not losing games at all on my Hearts save, but I'm never really convincingly beating teams either. I easily go 2 up, and then have to defend like **** to hang on for 3 points because they always get a goal back.

15 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Has anyone managed to give anyone a pumping yet? I can't really complain, because I'm not losing games at all on my Hearts save, but I'm never really convincingly beating teams either. I easily go 2 up, and then have to defend like **** to hang on for 3 points because they always get a goal back.

I beat Lazio 6 or 7-0 with Inter a few days ago.

Anyone else finding the "Covid" implementation a bit shit now it's actually out?  I started as Thistle, and it's just months of dead time just to fit the schedule.  There's still crowds (I would've added that in) and no mention of why the leagues are like that.  I wouldn't have put Covid in as an injury or anything, but it just seems a bit half-arsed, and a missed opportunity to add a wrinkle you never usually get in endless, identical, soulless seasons.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

Anyone else finding the "Covid" implementation a bit shit now it's actually out?  I started as Thistle, and it's just months of dead time just to fit the schedule.  There's still crowds (I would've added that in) and no mention of why the leagues are like that.  I wouldn't have put Covid in as an injury or anything, but it just seems a bit half-arsed, and a missed opportunity to add a wrinkle you never usually get in endless, identical, soulless seasons.

Wait, the lower leagues start in September every season?! 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Wait, the lower leagues start in September every season?! 

No, as far as I know it's just season 1, everything goes back to normal after.  The identical seasons part was because that's how FM usually is, nothing really changing outside of the players involved.  Been a problem with FM for ages for me, everything just seems so sterile.  Was hoping that Covid would at least give one season where things seemed different.  Instead we just get a few months of dead time.

My summer and January business at Celtic. 

image.png.fe1632f02dbb7c2d4345571700e967b9.png

Fischer has been unreal, what a bargain at 800k. Pleased with the price I got Gray for too. 

Lucic is a goalie who was average at best, so Raya came in in January. I have 4 goalies, they 2, Bain and Barkas who's currently loaned out. Probably bin Lucic and Bain at the end of the season and go with Raya and Barkas next. 

Pearson a similar kind of player to Brown so could be his long term replacement. 

In the Betfred final against St Johnstone and have had an extremely tricky Scottish cup so far with Formartine then Forfar. 

image.png.6f78f4a8dabdd6164e8eb84327df86c4.png

Going to be a close one. Still 2 Old Firms too. Rangers are unbeaten in the first 2 meetings with a draw at Celtic Park then them beating me at Ibrox so plenty work still to be done. 

PS - I enjoyed this one (and RG will too) as that along with me thumping Killie 8-0 the same day is what has me top just now.

image.png.e4a1278dd13765ccd1c84ddfb3e246d6.png

image.png

Edited by C. Muir

On 18/11/2020 at 13:21, forameus said:

The prolonged period at the start was a bit shit, but you can of course choose to start at a later date. My reasoning for not doing so was not wanting to miss out on the free agents (assuming the best of them would've been snapped up by the time of a late start). Other than that, I'm quite content. The only thing really that different would've been omitting fans from stadiums, but that would've been shite, particularly up here. I think if they included players having to self isolate etc. on a random basis, it would've just been ridiculously frustrating.

Miles from SI said that while they want to keep the game as true to life as possible, it's also meant as an escape from reality and that making this situation 'too real' would just piss many off. I'm sure it won't be long until someone on the forums adds a modded database that reflects real life if that's what people want, but I'm quite happy to have it realtively normal. In fact, I'd prefer they just left the Scottish leagues at 36 matches, buy hey ho.

25 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

The prolonged period at the start was a bit shit, but you can of course choose to start at a later date. My reasoning for not doing so was not wanting to miss out on the free agents (assuming the best of them would've been snapped up by the time of a late start). Other than that, I'm quite content. The only thing really that different would've been omitting fans from stadiums, but that would've been shite, particularly up here. I think if they included players having to self isolate etc. on a random basis, it would've just been ridiculously frustrating.

Miles from SI said that while they want to keep the game as true to life as possible, it's also meant as an escape from reality and that making this situation 'too real' would just piss many off. I'm sure it won't be long until someone on the forums adds a modded database that reflects real life if that's what people want, but I'm quite happy to have it realtively normal. In fact, I'd prefer they just left the Scottish leagues at 36 matches, buy hey ho.

Yeah, I get why they did it and I know they made a conscious decision. Fair enough, even if I don't agree with it.  It's purely a personal opinion, as it seemed like going any further would be extremely unpopular with a lot of people.  I can understand that viewpoint too, even if I don't reallyget it.  

I was just looking forward to something a bit different, and now I'm tossing my toys out.  Harrumph.