FM21

ajwffc

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

The screen on matches when theres no highlights is a bit of a pain but I like the new teamsheet feature

Yeah I'm still struggling with which views to have on it, as well as trying to get used to the player fitness ratings rather than percentages. 

Finished my first season as Hearts with a league title and a place in the Scottish Cup final. Won the league fairly easily, was unbeaten until losing 4-1 at Morton in game 25 after the title was sealed and I rotated the squad a bit. Scottish Cup saw some bizarre results with Dundee, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline being the other 3 semi finalists. Celtic went out to Dunfermline in the quarters, Rangers lost to KIlmarnock who were then beat by Dundee and Hibs were put out early on by Cove Rangers. Ended up winning the final easily beating Dundee 6-0 in probably the best performance of the season. 

No money to spend and a decent enough squad to begin with so didn't sign any players until the January window. Brought in Dan N'Lundulu from Southampton on loan as back up for Boyce as I was lacking a bit of depth upfront. Boyce then went on to rupture his achilles the game after N'Lundulu signed so he ended up becoming my first choice striker for latter part of the season. Managed to get a last minute loan deal for Jahmal Hector-Ingram from Derby to then give me a bit more depth. Not much activity in terms of players leaving, tried to get rid of a few of the higher earners but without much luck. Will hopefully offload Damour, Berra and a couple of others who are on decent salaries to help with returning. 

Hoping that I'll at least have a bit of cash to spend next year, but signed up Ginnelly (who was on loan this season) and Stuart Finlay on pre-contracts to start with building a squad good enough to target a top half finish next year. Will probably try to bring N'Lundulu back on loan as well if I can. 

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

@SGMilne Noticed the betfred cup is only 3 subs from 7 when the actual tournament is 5 from 9. Championship is also 3 from 7 when IRL it's 5 from 9 but other leagues are correct. 

Not an issue that really bothers me but just thought I would point it out. 

Championship is 3 from 7 IRL ... assuming you mean the Scottish Championship

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Championship is 3 from 7 IRL ... assuming you mean the Scottish Championship

Aye sorry meant to say the Championship is 3 from 7 IRL but 5 from 9 in the game. Edited now. 

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Genuine question, but why? 

If you're asking about the screen during a match then everything just looks a bit messy 

image.thumb.png.ad60fe3bd0460f67cdff0967c26cab32.png

An eventful 7 min spell in this match btw :lol: 

If you're asking why I like the teamsheet feature then I guess it just reminds me of the ones we get at Broadwood on matchdays. 

I’ve ditched losing a lot with Barca to 20 matches into a season with Queens Park and skooshing League 2. The budget is ridiculously high and we’ve no money at all. Making a big loss and the directors injecting cash. I wonder if money will be given when we move to the new stadium? If not administration can’t be far off.

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Aye sorry meant to say the Championship is 3 from 7 IRL but 5 from 9 in the game. Edited now. 

If you're asking about the screen during a match then everything just looks a bit messy 

image.thumb.png.ad60fe3bd0460f67cdff0967c26cab32.png

An eventful 7 min spell in this match btw :lol: 

If you're asking why I like the teamsheet feature then I guess it just reminds me of the ones we get at Broadwood on matchdays. 

Sorry, no I meant the teamsheet.

I totally agree on the match screen, its a mess

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

@SGMilne Noticed the betfred cup is only 3 subs from 7 when the actual tournament is 5 from 9. Championship is also 5 from 9 when IRL it's 3 from 7 but other leagues are correct. 

Not an issue that really bothers me but just thought I would point it out. 

He'll probably reply but its something they've mentioned on the SI forum as identified and will fixed for the full release.

My Saints save is on hold, I'm sitting about 8th at the shutting of the transfer window. Just fancied something a bit less stressful, so went to Inter.

What a mess that side is. You've got Lukaku and God Martinez, but then you've got about 9 BBMs, including Vidal and Nainggolan, who are both over 30 and on huge money, add in more ancient dross like Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez and huge money, and you're pumping out well over £1m a week on shit.

Great fun rebuilding that side. First day went in and told Vidal he was shite and getting punted, so now his agent refuses to talk to me about players 😂

I keep exiting contract talks with a player but still have the "must respond" message when trying to continue the game which takes me back to the contract talks. Cannot for the fucking life of me get rid of it and game wont continue as a result. Anyone any ideas?

3 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

Finished my first season as Hearts with a league title and a place in the Scottish Cup final. Won the league fairly easily, was unbeaten until losing 4-1 at Morton in game 25 after the title was sealed and I rotated the squad a bit. Scottish Cup saw some bizarre results with Dundee, Dundee Utd and Dunfermline being the other 3 semi finalists. Celtic went out to Dunfermline in the quarters, Rangers lost to KIlmarnock who were then beat by Dundee and Hibs were put out early on by Cove Rangers. Ended up winning the final easily beating Dundee 6-0 in probably the best performance of the season. 

No money to spend and a decent enough squad to begin with so didn't sign any players until the January window. Brought in Dan N'Lundulu from Southampton on loan as back up for Boyce as I was lacking a bit of depth upfront. Boyce then went on to rupture his achilles the game after N'Lundulu signed so he ended up becoming my first choice striker for latter part of the season. Managed to get a last minute loan deal for Jahmal Hector-Ingram from Derby to then give me a bit more depth. Not much activity in terms of players leaving, tried to get rid of a few of the higher earners but without much luck. Will hopefully offload Damour, Berra and a couple of others who are on decent salaries to help with returning. 

Hoping that I'll at least have a bit of cash to spend next year, but signed up Ginnelly (who was on loan this season) and Stuart Finlay on pre-contracts to start with building a squad good enough to target a top half finish next year. Will probably try to bring N'Lundulu back on loan as well if I can. 

Same happened to me with Boyce midway through my season. Can't remember the exact injury, but out for upto 9 months. Did you try and go for Ginnelly on a permanent deal? I opened pre-contract talks with him as soon as it was possible, and Hibs even came in for him too. Was confident of getting him in, but Preston gave him a new deal. Gutted.

12 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Queens Park are giving me a wage budget of 35k a week in league 1 🤣. That will be more than some of the Premiership teams.

I started one unemployed today and got a job interview at Hamilton midway through season one, and they only had £20k. :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Same happened to me with Boyce midway through my season. Can't remember the exact injury, but out for upto 9 months. Did you try and go for Ginnelly on a permanent deal? I opened pre-contract talks with him as soon as it was possible, and Hibs even came in for him too. Was confident of getting him in, but Preston gave him a new deal. Gutted.

Yeah managed to get him signed up on a 3 year deal, he was really good for me last year so hopefully that continues in the Premiership. 

Trying to trim some of the high earners at the moment, Naismith was dreadful for me last year and I could really do without him taking up £4.5k per week for the next 3 years. 

Bizarrely Stoke (who have just been promoted to the Premiership) came in with an offer of £25k for Craig Wighton. Tried pushing them for more an ended up agreeing on £100k. He was shite for me and didn't seem to be showing any signs of improving so hopefully I won't regret it. 

Edited by Duffy_

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Queens Park are giving me a wage budget of 35k a week in league 1 🤣. That will be more than some of the Premiership teams.

It gets better. We’ve been taken over and I now have a transfer budget of 180k in league shitting one 😂😂😂

Edited by Gianfranco

1 hour ago, Duffy_ said:

Yeah managed to get him signed up on a 3 year deal, he was really good for me last year so hopefully that continues in the Premiership. 

Trying to trim some of the high earners at the moment, Naismith was dreadful for me last year and I could really do without him taking up £4.5k per week for the next 3 years. 

Bizarrely Stoke (who have just been promoted to the Premiership) came in with an offer of £25k for Craig Wighton. Tried pushing them for more an ended up agreeing on £100k. He was shite for me and didn't seem to be showing any signs of improving so hopefully I won't regret it. 

Brilliant. Wighton has been injured for most of my season so far. Thankfully I have Klimala on loan from Celtic or I'd be very lightweight up front. I've not even started planning for the Premiership yet, albeit I still have 11 games to play. Hopefully winning the League Cup could see a nice boost to my transfer budgets for next season.

McLennan now injured on the eve of the first game of the season.

This is now 2 saves where it’s constant injuries.

IMG_1235.jpg

Also told that Considine was to become Captain with Taylor Vice Captain - told to warn Joe Lewis (couldn’t see any other option)

Did that, then turns out Lewis is still Captain and Considine no longer VC. Not sure what happened there.

22 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Stopped my first game as injuries ruined it.

Take 2. Just a couple of days away from start of season. Same again.

IMG_1234.jpg

I was also blighted by injuries at the start of my save. Watkins got injured a couple of days before the Rangers game, with Cosgrove, Main and Edmondson already out and Anderson on loan - I started Wright up front and lost 1-0. I'm now into December and comfortable in third place, just a couple of points behind Rangers in second. Hoban has been ruled out for four months, though, which felt inevitable at some stage. McCrorie's versatility has been a big help for covering injuries in defence and midfield.