FM21

ajwffc

In fairness, they released a statement discussing how Covid related issues IRL would be reflected in the game. One of them was the financial affect it's had on clubs. Namely, players who aren't at the top level of the game will lose quite a bit of value in season 1, although come season 2, things should get back to normal. You might find if you are trying to sell players too, it's harder in season 1 and that you'll get more loan to buy offers than normal. 

Findlay is 2.1M [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Matthew Connelly is no longer with us. Signed on loan for a very short period as  as cover for PJ Morrison was away on international duty leaving us unable to get the loan deal finalised.

Only at the club for about 2 weeks before being sent back. Seems to be the only issue with Falkirk @SGMilne

50 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Matthew Connelly is no longer with us. Signed on loan for a very short period as  as cover for PJ Morrison was away on international duty leaving us unable to get the loan deal finalised.

Only at the club for about 2 weeks before being sent back. Seems to be the only issue with Falkirk @SGMilne

Fixed for release.  We were unsure of the position as Motherwell still had him at Falkirk until very recently while Falkirk didn't have anything so we waited to see what happened after Mutch got suspended.  

Edited by Antiochas III

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do it. Best ME ever IMO.

When me Ludo and the other fella started our online game I actually started using the 2D engine with 3D replays as it ran a lot smoother on the network game. Haven't reverted back to 3D since 😂

Will definitely be buying, probably hold off till tonight though when I'll have more time i.e only moving off my seat for toilet breaks. 

Edited by C. Muir

@SGMilne - only issues I've noticed is that  we've still got Declan Glass, pretty sure he's been sent back to Dundee United with his injury. Bradley Renfrew is also at Cumbernauld Colts on loan for the season. Appreciate these may have already been picked up.

Also, both Neil Scally and Alan Archibald are assistant managers in real life, but Scally is listed as a coach? I don't know if that's something hardwired into the game.

Plumped for old faithful to start with - St. Mirren.

Rolling into the first game of the season and I've boosted the squad with 3 loan signings, a potentially very good free transfer and one player making way.

Incoming:

Matt O'Riley - Looks decent enough as an option just now but held off a lot of stern competition to land this guy. At 19, he has a bit of potential and will already hold his own in the squad.

image.thumb.png.7f2c3cae9cbe9442bbdf4c9a6940b79b.png

Peter Gwargis - 19 year old Aussie/Swede on loan from Brighton for the season, adds plenty of versatility in the wide roles in particular and will be an excellent option.

image.thumb.png.411b4e9aac89c196496d2eab39d60782.png

Liam Millar - Former Killie loan wide man comes in on a season loan from Liverpool who only wanted 10% of his £3k per week wage covered (but 30k if we stay up and he plays 25 games). I've got decent cover on the left wing and although he's probably my strongest left winger, I'll likely give him his shot up front.

image.thumb.png.9e71aae2944782160ed8f4d1389283b8.png

Karamoko Dembele - Surprised this was even a goer TBH. We all know from FM20 that he's got a shitload of potential and usually goes on to some massive clubs, so pretty pleased I'll get to give him a year (two if I'm lucky).

image.thumb.png.96a6ba567aeed5815fe845a9c8a78d80.png

On the way out, Junior Morias joins Ross County for £41k...I'm also trying to offload Sam Foley who has competition in a young man's game with O'Riley, Erhahon, MacPherson and Hayes-Doyle (signed to a 4 year extension as he's got great stats) fighting for 2 centre mid positions. He's not going to get a look in, really.

Aside from this, I have a wee bit of wage budget left and am looking for a backup centre half. After that, pretty much good to go!

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Confirmed gestures is a load of shite. Just spend every match day throwing a water bottle across the room.

Yeah, I kicked a chair across the room in the team intro meeting. No one even batted an eyelid

ETA - maybe I imagined that, doesnt seem to be an option now :lol:

Edited by Mr X

49 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Plumped for old faithful to start with - St. Mirren.

Rolling into the first game of the season and I've boosted the squad with 3 loan signings, a potentially very good free transfer and one player making way.

Incoming:

Matt O'Riley - Looks decent enough as an option just now but held off a lot of stern competition to land this guy. At 19, he has a bit of potential and will already hold his own in the squad.

image.thumb.png.7f2c3cae9cbe9442bbdf4c9a6940b79b.png

Peter Gwargis - 19 year old Aussie/Swede on loan from Brighton for the season, adds plenty of versatility in the wide roles in particular and will be an excellent option.

image.thumb.png.411b4e9aac89c196496d2eab39d60782.png

Liam Millar - Former Killie loan wide man comes in on a season loan from Liverpool who only wanted 10% of his £3k per week wage covered (but 30k if we stay up and he plays 25 games). I've got decent cover on the left wing and although he's probably my strongest left winger, I'll likely give him his shot up front.

image.thumb.png.9e71aae2944782160ed8f4d1389283b8.png

Karamoko Dembele - Surprised this was even a goer TBH. We all know from FM20 that he's got a shitload of potential and usually goes on to some massive clubs, so pretty pleased I'll get to give him a year (two if I'm lucky).

image.thumb.png.96a6ba567aeed5815fe845a9c8a78d80.png

On the way out, Junior Morias joins Ross County for £41k...I'm also trying to offload Sam Foley who has competition in a young man's game with O'Riley, Erhahon, MacPherson and Hayes-Doyle (signed to a 4 year extension as he's got great stats) fighting for 2 centre mid positions. He's not going to get a look in, really.

Aside from this, I have a wee bit of wage budget left and am looking for a backup centre half. After that, pretty much good to go!

Liam Millar has been excellent for me in a couple of saves on FM20

Signings! I wish 😂

Wage budget of about £1.5k a week available, but iterally everyone is out of contract next Summer so I'll have to whittle that down on extensions unless I do the cardinal sin of rebuilding in the second Summer.

Cant even sell anyone as the squads so small.

Very realistic tbf.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Signings! I wish 😂

Wage budget of about £1.5k a week available, but iterally everyone is out of contract next Summer so I'll have to whittle that down on extensions unless I do the cardinal sin of rebuilding in the second Summer.

Cant even sell anyone as the squads so small.

Very realistic tbf.

Looks like the issue with Scottish finances that SG Milne mentioned is that they're actually fairly accurate for once.

Just made it to my first match. The engine looks better and there are definitely some more intelligent passages of play. Not a fan of the team along the bottom and the removal (at least to a place I cant find) of the overlays with ratings etc) The smiley faces for attitude, or whatever its called, can also get in the sea.

Overall, Id say its a bit of a mixed bag so far. The scouting target meetings are really good but some of the cosmetic stuff either serves no purpose (gestures) or just makes things harder (press conferences and team meetings). 

At the end of the day, though, it just doesnt feel like a new game. I dont think theres any doubt that its a better game than 2020 but so much of it just feels the same.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Looks like the issue with Scottish finances that SG Milne mentioned is that they're actually fairly accurate for once.

Aye, I'm enjoying having little money. Nothing worse than starting as Saints manager then punting £100k on a wonderkid from the lower tiers.