FM21

ajwffc

I was listening to some of the SI staff on a podcast (think it was the 5 star potential one) and they mentioned not putting it in the game. That players could get Corona as it would work against them in the long run but will try and put as many of the leauge tweeks in as they can.

I'd rather have covid than a fractured skull or spine tbf. It seems that players being out for chemotherapy was also a thing on the old champ managers.

Given there's more than a few fixture related bugs in a 'regular season' game I'll probably give this a miss or at least a good few weeks before being confident that the season runs properly.

Aye done some reading and it sounds like thats exactly why coronavirus won't be in the game.
Someone asked Miles Jacobson about it and he (apparently, its just on the forums and I've not seen it) told them its one of those situations where it would be tasteless for them to put it in, so they'll go towards the "game" side of the sim scale and not have it as an active "feature". Guess they'll maybe have a message that the Euros have been moved and thats it?
So, we'll haven't shortened seasons with no reason why?

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

So, we'll haven't shortened seasons with no reason why?

You'll have shortened 20/21 seasons because that's how it is in real life.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll have shortened 20/21 seasons because that's how it is in real life.

Im sorry, I had no idea I was talking to the real life St Johnstone manager.

I'd understand adding shortened seasons as an option, like there is to use Real Fixtures, but making it compulsory with no context is a bit shit. Knowing SI, they'll still start pre-season in June and there will be over 4 months of pre-season, probably with as many friendlies as you like :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr X

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I'd understand adding shortened seasons as an option, like there is to use Real Fixtures, but making it compulsory with no context is a bit shit. Knowing SI, they'll still start pre-season in June and there will be over 4 months of pre-season, probably with as many friendlies as you like :rolleyes:

I'd be happy with that. I fucking hate taking over a team and it starts with 0 chemistry, meaning the first season is normally a complete non-affair. Rack in as many friendlies as possible to get the team chemistry as high as possible! 

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I'd imagine anyone whos playing a football management sim and starting in the Scottish Lower leagues would have an idea why the season is shortened, tbh.

It might well be an option, and it'll be modded regardless.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine anyone whos playing a football management sim and starting in the Scottish Lower leagues would have an idea why the season is shortened, tbh.

It might well be an option, and it'll be modded regardless.

Well, getting the fans to do all the work is SIs modus operandi

On 13/10/2020 at 10:07, Mr X said:

There is 4 months between June and August?  Intereting...

Edited by Antiochas III

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

2012 is doing me good. Currently managing in Romania 

Nice! My current save has seen me move from:

Philadelphia-Portland-Shanghai Shenhua-Sheffield United-Necaxa-Rangers-Bayer Leverkusen-Dunfermline-Flamengo-Black Leopards-Jomo Cosmos. Spells with Belguim, Wales and New Zealand thrown in as well. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Nice! My current save has seen me move from:

Philadelphia-Portland-Shanghai Shenhua-Sheffield United-Necaxa-Rangers-Bayer Leverkusen-Dunfermline-Flamengo-Black Leopards-Jomo Cosmos. Spells with Belguim, Wales and New Zealand thrown in as well. 

Betis - Valencia - Ac.Milan - Basel - Gent - Rapid Bucharest. 

Not including any countries I've did