pre-season friendlies

16 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Following some of the fear comments, people must be starving in isolation seeing as they're afraid to visit the shops etc, must have beer in the fridge eh. We know how many have died, just think we have to learn how to live with the virus, before the. UK is ruined beyond repair. Put the nets up !

As sad as it is no death is acceptable but life can’t stand still forever as bad as this virus is we have to find a way to move forward as standing outside watching football is nowhere near as risky as going to shops pubs out for meal Etc  as I said before the lower leagues should and could have fans no problem even more so than premier clubs I wonder how many of the people on here who keep saying it’s to dodgy have been out for a pint and dinner and supermarkets without worrying at all most if not all I bet 

5 hours ago, Derry said:

As sad as it is no death is acceptable but life can’t stand still forever as bad as this virus is we have to find a way to move forward as standing outside watching football is nowhere near as risky as going to shops pubs out for meal Etc  as I said before the lower leagues should and could have fans no problem even more so than premier clubs I wonder how many of the people on here who keep saying it’s to dodgy have been out for a pint and dinner and supermarkets without worrying at all most if not all I bet 

Don’t think the problem is with the fans … … The players are the problem !!!! 

37 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Don’t think the problem is with the fans … … The players are the problem !!!! 

Got a feeling that the players can't wait to get started, whether that's no changing rooms and showers etc. Hope the fans can be sensible, let's get it on. That way i can pay another visit in November, selfish i know ! !

8 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Got a feeling that the players can't wait to get started, whether that's no changing rooms and showers etc. Hope the fans can be sensible, let's get it on. That way i can pay another visit in November, selfish i know ! !

Not saying they don’t want to play but if 1 tests +ve could end up with 3 or 4 others having to quarantine … … 14 days off work who pays their wages ?? 

4 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Not saying they don’t want to play but if 1 tests +ve could end up with 3 or 4 others having to quarantine … … 14 days off work who pays their wages ?? 

They could test positive through going to asda or their work. Every single player I know is desperate to start playing. 

23 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

And that’s the crux of the matter.

People getting symptoms not telling anyone and not getting tested in case they have to self isolate with the resultant loss of wages.

My cousin is s tracer and she says that nearly 1 in 4 contacts turn out to be bogus phone numbers.

13 minutes ago, santheman said:

And that’s the crux of the matter.

People getting symptoms not telling anyone and not getting tested in case they have to self isolate with the resultant loss of wages.

There's probably enough players and coaches out there that will still sign up to play despite that. It's the other side of the "look at England" discussion. The non-league cancellations are adding up due to a player or players testing positive. Yet they're carrying on.

52 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I just wonder if any clubs will ask their fans before filling in surveys and returning them , after all fans are what make a club 

Kilbirnie have already stated they are against playing without fans. Any club happy to play without fans should be ready to continue doing so when things are back to normal as they obviously don't need support.

if people can’t see their team playing week in week out the results will become irrelevant and the support will dwindle, the players and coaches who are desperate to play without fans need to realise that. If they just want to play football for their mental health or whatever and the restrictions allow it they can have a kick about with mates down a park surely.

Good that the leagues have sent surveys to clubs, hope they're all returned positively. They would all have to do risk assessments regarding a restart with fans, which could prove costly - maybe us fans could help ? Think there have been isolated cases from games down in England, either players or fans - isn't that a risk you take from everything we do nowadays ? Reckon we'll get an October start with limited fans, guessing 150/200 tickets sold online only.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So at the friendlies, are the lads arriving stripped, ready to play then going straight home after the match? Also, who else is there? Both committees?

At Newlandsfield yesterday, the shed was used as a giant dugout - those are substitutes and kitbags under it rather than spectators. Non players not allowed round that side, although it was possible to go round the other three sides.

Temperature check and sanitised on the way in for everyone, and the gates locked once everyone arrived to avoid folk wandering in. Only very limited numbers from each committee present - the two teams combined to less than double figures.

image.thumb.jpeg.5224015b94587d4384b5391ccbc22cb7.jpeg

Managed to catch the first half on the meadow v Talbot game. Cheers to Aaron for streaming on fb.

Looks like it’s easy enough to do and i wouldn’t mind doing it for us if I was available every Saturday.

Looked like a good run out for both teams