pre-season friendlies

6 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

What a shambles, the rumours and misunderstanding flying about tonight.

Surely somebody can confirm that two team within 25miles and both areas without restrictions can play??

What difference does it make what council area you are in.

You will need to ask the SFA that, they made the rule.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Where is this rule so we can read it?

You will be aware that following an increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the West of Scotland, additional restrictions have been introduced for people living in Glasgow City, East Renfrewshire, Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire and West Dunbartonshire. Further information is available here.

All clubs playing under Phase 3 Scottish FA guidance (non-testing) based in one of the areas with restrictions as noted above should only play friendly matches against other clubs within their respective local authority area.

On 08/09/2020 at 19:43, Nikos K said:

Don't think Under 20's are allowed to play friendlies yet because they don't have a start date for their league yet, heard this today from another club.

The U20s are not being allowed to play friendlies due to a few things that need addressed. A start date is not one of them
The league was expected to start on 9th October as the seniors will be at the 10th of October but at the meeting on the 10th it was advice that the dev league has been put back indefinitely. 
My advice in regarding the gossip from another club, do not listen to them again.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Being down in England where Covid19 has caused the same problems as in Scotland, I'm a bit muddled regarding the restart up North. We've had non lge fixtures,  FA Cup round, more games midweek and a full set of games on Saturday, along with the parks (amateurs) starting up. Is the Scottish decision political or based on the science ? or something much deeper ? 

5 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Being down in England where Covid19 has caused the same problems as in Scotland, I'm a bit muddled regarding the restart up North. We've had non lge fixtures,  FA Cup round, more games midweek and a full set of games on Saturday, along with the parks (amateurs) starting up. Is the Scottish decision political or based on the science ? or something much deeper ? 

England are the odd ones out really, there are very few countries that even have non-league games with fans. The decision is based on science, not all sides will come to the same conclusion obviously.

I'd hope the police have better things to do..
How do you stop people watching in a public park[emoji848]

Saw a few local teams today me have their friendlies announced. One club play on a public park, there’s no way they can stop fans turning up to watch. Wonder if the police will make an appearance [emoji57]

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

I'd hope the police have better things to do..
How do you stop people watching in a public parkemoji848.png

I do as well! There’s surely nothing they can do to prevent people going along. Would be a bit rich if they didn’t move folk along when protests/marches could happen in their thousands yet 50 folk down the park would be abhorrent 🙄