pre-season friendlies

mick90

The East of Scotland League Cup used to be sectional because the Borders clubs used it as a pre-season warm up as they said they couldn't get friendlies 

They also used to say down there that the best Borders players preferred to play in the Borders League so perhaps Peebles v Gala Rovers was a stiffer test than a friendly between Peebles v Stoneyburn for example.

25 mile rule is also a bit odd if you consider that there will be teams whose players come from elsewhere- Berwick used to train at the Oriam because they had a lot of Edinburgh based players.

38 minutes ago, TheLad said:
18 hours ago, Derry said:
There really should be limited fans in by now at lower levels 

There aren't even games yet at lower levels, never mind fans??

I’ve seen lots playing friendlies already all be it with lots of fans as public park lol

France also recorded over 10,000 cases yesterday so I  don't know how long that will last.

I had hoped that each team could have one friendly with fans so that the clubs and fans could get used to the protocols that will need to be carried out for the league seasons. I don't really care about not being able to watch pre season friendlies anyway and if it means that we get fans back for the league kicking off then i'm sure its a sacrifice worth taking. 

• 3 weeks later...