pre-season friendlies

mick90

1 hour ago, mick90 said:

over 150 pre-season (provisional) fixtures now listed at   https://scottishpyramidnews.yolasite.com/

why not add yours too ... 

Big Brother pre-season ..
Publishing today Friday Aug 14 our list
of around 150 pre-season friendlies (Fr20) ..
note `Scottish Football Fixtures` has none ..
we utterly condemn the `big brother` antics
 of uppity Lowland League (clubs picked out of an old bowler hat) .. telling West clubs
they must `hide` their arranged friendlies
... even though there can be no dates
absolutely confirmed, what harm can there
possibly be alerting people to these .. ?
West clubs must now realise they are
just a `puppet` league under Lowland ..
a league with no balls .. not what we need.

Sad to see the real, authentic, proper football former junior (RIP years of tradition) teams being prevented from publishing their potential friendly fixtures by the fake, not real, inauthentic football Lowland League.

Anyways, hopefully we get news of the season starting asap and the preparations can pick up a level for everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I keep seeing the term 'local friendlies' but what does that actually mean. Local as in council area or county? Or local as in the full Lowland area? 

Just I wouldn't classify Linlithgow v Troon or Darvel v Syngenta as 'local' haha. 

On 30/08/2020 at 18:26, Burmah Oil said:

Hearing leagues have slapped a 25 mile limit on local friendlies. 50 if ask for a pass with a good reason. Rest go to committee.

Did you hear that from a committee member from your club?  I was told friendlies can only be played for clubs in a 9-mile distance, which is absurd if true. Then it was mentioned, it had to be local, as stated above, but what is the definition? I would put Haddington as local to my team, yet, if the 9 mile limit was in place, Haddington would be a no-no as it is 11 miles.

18 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Did you hear that from a committee member from your club?  I was told friendlies can only be played for clubs in a 9-mile distance, which is absurd if true. Then it was mentioned, it had to be local, as stated above, but what is the definition? I would put Haddington as local to my team, yet, if the 9 mile limit was in place, Haddington would be a no-no as it is 11 miles.

Does anybody know the rules?

On the https://www.eosfl.com/ homepage.

RESTART UPDATE - 30 August

" The Return to Playing process is on -going. We expect to get the agreed Scottish FA protocols next midweek. These are hopefully now being signed off with the Scottish Government. This is all a matter of timing between giving clubs the detail and time to implement, and using the most up to date versions. If we had been asked to use the version before those now being negotiated, they would have been prohibitive at our level of the game. There will still be challenges to face, particularly around changing rooms/spaces.  

As we did with Return to Training, we will send you a Checklist to sign off that you have put the necessary protocols in place. We will get this to you as soon as we know the detail of what is required. Permissions for any friendly games will be given only on completion and return of the Checklist. That is for everybody's benefit, including the Leagues who need to be confident they are giving permission safely.

We have been told by Scottish FA to use a common-sense approach to what constitutes " local friendlies ". This will differ from area to area so we are advising ;

ANY GAMES WITH UP TO 25 MILES ONE WAY TRAVEL FINE, BETWEEN 25 AND 50 BASED ON BRIEF EXPLANATION AND OVER 50 ONLY IF JUSTIFIED

The various Zoom meetings organised over next few days will only be able to give high level information, however this will be invaluable in getting you ready to put in place what you will need. Most likely further Zoom meetings will be needed once detail of protocols known.

Pyramid Restart Group. "

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

On the https://www.eosfl.com/ homepage.

RESTART UPDATE - 30 August

" The Return to Playing process is on -going. We expect to get the agreed Scottish FA protocols next midweek. These are hopefully now being signed off with the Scottish Government. This is all a matter of timing between giving clubs the detail and time to implement, and using the most up to date versions. If we had been asked to use the version before those now being negotiated, they would have been prohibitive at our level of the game. There will still be challenges to face, particularly around changing rooms/spaces.  

As we did with Return to Training, we will send you a Checklist to sign off that you have put the necessary protocols in place. We will get this to you as soon as we know the detail of what is required. Permissions for any friendly games will be given only on completion and return of the Checklist. That is for everybody's benefit, including the Leagues who need to be confident they are giving permission safely.

We have been told by Scottish FA to use a common-sense approach to what constitutes " local friendlies ". This will differ from area to area so we are advising ;

ANY GAMES WITH UP TO 25 MILES ONE WAY TRAVEL FINE, BETWEEN 25 AND 50 BASED ON BRIEF EXPLANATION AND OVER 50 ONLY IF JUSTIFIED

The various Zoom meetings organised over next few days will only be able to give high level information, however this will be invaluable in getting you ready to put in place what you will need. Most likely further Zoom meetings will be needed once detail of protocols known.

Pyramid Restart Group. "

Thank you FWF! Hell of a lot better than what I’d been told! 

25 miles that must be about get Mussy to Lithgae or Galashiels or DUnbar so plenty of teams you can play. 50 miles would get you to Fife or Berwick or near enough Glasgow and all.

Mind on that Pyramid news web site it has got Lithgate v Troon, EK v Stranraer, Forfar v BSC and Troon v Hutchie Vale. More than 25 miles or 50 miles for them but other teams all look local. Could be out of date by now and the games are off. Hard for the Borders team to stick to the limits. Hawick and Coldstream.

6 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

25 miles that must be about get Mussy to Lithgae or Galashiels or DUnbar so plenty of teams you can play. 50 miles would get you to Fife or Berwick or near enough Glasgow and all.

Mind on that Pyramid news web site it has got Lithgate v Troon, EK v Stranraer, Forfar v BSC and Troon v Hutchie Vale. More than 25 miles or 50 miles for them but other teams all look local. Could be out of date by now and the games are off. Hard for the Borders team to stick to the limits. Hawick and Coldstream.

Forfar v BSC wont be happening. From what the club are telling me that fixture had been agreed prior to the latest guidance.

On 02/09/2020 at 15:25, Burmah Oil said:

The 50 mile limit with a decent reason will probably apply for quite remote teams like Hawick and Coldstream. I'd imagine that they have a good enough reason to travel a bit further.

Edited by Marten

Theres a good few grounds in the West where you can watch from outside so I'd say there's a good chance some will watch from outside.

What’s the latest with fans I wonder if clubs are set for some to turn up for the friendlies although not allowed in  

And the same things going to happen here especially if League games are played behind closed doors.

This happened at the Iceland v England game.  Lots of fans close together watching the game through a fence.