Livingston v Rangers - Sun 16th

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Put it in bold to match up with the part I highlighted in your post, so as not to confuse your simple wee mind, glad it worked.

I apologise that me saying Rangers struggle on plastic pitches has upset you so much.  I forgot how protective you all get over them. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I apologise that me saying Rangers struggle on plastic pitches has upset you so much.  I forgot how protective you all get over them. 

Can we just agree that Rangers struggle on plastic pitches AND grass pitches 

Some players mentally do themselves in when it comes to artificial pitches. They hear so much pish about them beforehand that they think the worse and it affects their performance.

If I was a manager, I wouldn't even mention it. I have no doubt though that plenty of managers get some players all worked up about it and get them believing the daft lies.

Alex McLeish did it with Scotland against Kazakhstan, although he also piled other excuses on top as well. Players were mentioning it unprompted before and after the game.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

^^^Lost all credibility with nonsense spouted about struggling on plastic so reverts to piss patter.

Sevco had 79% possession, 9 corners to our none, 23 shots to our 2, they completely dominated that game, just couldn't find a way through our Spaghettihad defensive wall, so stop talking pish about struggling performances on plastic, you didn't struggle to dominate the game playing on plastic, and plastic had nothing to do with not being able to get through our defence, they threw themselves at everything fired towards our goal. Just credit our players and stop being a dick looking for a nonsense excuse.

The 2-0 win last season against us there was a cruise too, no struggle with performance, although wee alfies goal was offside and shouldn't have stood, still a comfortable win though. So was your 3-0 win the previous season, where your supporters did a pitch invasion after the 3rd goal went in. So gonna stop talking pish about struggling performances on plastic.

2 hours ago, bairney said:

The local currants at Livingston;

Bun1; "Are youse no worried aboot the Covid19?"

Bun2; "Nineteen ye say?? Ah thoat it wis Ten tae worry aboot"

GettyImages-1266629117.jpg.c81436362264bee6f9d78f6ef90773a2.jpg

Just what is it with **** and green foliage ? From Brechin's hedge to Pedro's shrubbery to the wild woods of Almondvale. 🌻🌼🍀☘️🌲🌴

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah it wasn't just the defence defending, everyone chipped in and did their job. Marv even did a lung bursting run into their box, and was breathing through his arse afterwards, just as well HT was approaching for him to get a breather.😂 Big ask when Dykes was pulled out and Hammy sent in, to expect us to have a go at them, and up until this game we were very shaky in defence, not blocking any shots at all. We threw bodies in front of every shot yesterday, and out of 20 odd shots only 2 got through.

I think Scrutinizer marked players on where he'd liked them to have played, in their usual position rather than where they actually played, and the job they did helping out the defence. As you say, it was a brilliant team performance, not just the defenders. Not one for entertaining quality football, but sure as feck entertained me watching us block shot after shot and taking balls of toes before they could get a shot. At the end I was cheering every tackle and block we made.

I sure wouldn't be blaming Holt if Sevco nicked all 3 points, I would've been gutted after the effort we put in but even losing 1-0 would've been a lot better than I was expecting.

You're  right, I've been over critical against the midfield,and you're  right again I marked the midfield on where they usually would have played  rather than where they actually played, and the job they did helping out the defence.So all in all a great TEAM  performance ,I mark  players as what's expected of them in their usual positions,I only tell it as I see it,in hindsight I  should've  looked at the bigger picture

Edited by Scrutinizer

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

^^^Lost all credibility with nonsense spouted about struggling on plastic so reverts to piss patter.

Sevco had 79% possession, 9 corners to our none, 23 shots to our 2, they completely dominated that game, just couldn't find a way through our Spaghettihad defensive wall, so stop talking pish about struggling performances on plastic, you didn't struggle to dominate the game playing on plastic, and plastic had nothing to do with not being able to get through our defence, they threw themselves at everything fired towards our goal. Just credit our players and stop being a dick looking for a nonsense excuse.

The 2-0 win last season against us there was a cruise too, no struggle with performance, although wee alfies goal was offside and shouldn't have stood, still a comfortable win though. So was your 3-0 win the previous season, where your supporters did a pitch invasion after the 3rd goal went in. So gonna stop talking pish about struggling performances on plastic.

My original comment that has had you researching Rangers results all night was that we struggled, yet again, to break down a defensive team. Which we did.  I don't care how much possession we had or how many corners we had, we did nothing of any great note with it other than pass it sideways and backwards and only really decided to attack with any great urgency in the last 10 minutes. 

We also happened to be playing on a plastic pitch which is something that, in my experience, exacerbates our inability to break down teams that defend deep.  I wasn't having a go at your pitch, I was having a go at Rangers for, whatever reason, putting in below par performances on them.  

You seem to be getting worked up on the false assumption that I'm slating the pitch.

As for crediting Livingston, they defended well and were well worth their point.  

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My original comment that has had you researching Rangers results all night

Doesn't take all night to check a few football results.

Might be difficult to grasp for your typical Rangers/Celtic fan but the internet is actually very easy to use. A lot of buttons on these magic future boxes but once you get the hang of them* it's good fun.

FAO weegies: "get the hang of" doesn't need to mean "steal"