Livingston v Rangers - Sun 16th

Fair play to Livingston btw. We've only won 2 league games at the Tony Macaroni since they came up, Celtic haven't won any. They've a tactic for playing the OF that really works and it's one that I'm sure other teams have looked at implementing.

It might not always be great to watch, but Martindale won't give a f*ck about that.

Fair play to Livingston btw. We've only won 2 league games at the Tony Macaroni since they came up, Celtic haven't won any. They've a tactic for playing the OF that really works and it's one that I'm sure other teams have looked at implementing.
It might not always be great to watch, but Martindale won't give a f*ck about that.
OF?

Yep, their first season as Livingston was 95-96 and they won the LC in 03-04.

I for years thought The Caley, County and Livingston all entered the 3rd division at the same time but Meadowbank Thistle we’re still around in 94-95.

Same old story for us against teams defending for their lives on plastic pitches.  I've seen this game about 20 times over the last couple of seasons.

Jack and Kamara together just don't offer enough in an attacking sense.  We almost sacrifice central midfield to allow the fullbacks to bomb on.

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Bears Den is a hoot at the moment.

The  criticism of Jack seems particularly harsh when it seems a lot of Rangers fans want him to take the armband of of Tavernier. A lot of the criticism is the same he was given at Aberdeen and we were told he was wasted with us.

I don't have a problem with what Jack (or Kamara) are doing, it's just that they shouldn't be doing it together at the same time.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't have a problem with what Jack (or Kamara) are doing, it's just that they shouldn't be doing it together at the same time.

I always wondered why we bothered playing Jack against teams who scrapped for 90 mins and would be under strict instructions to return to their position if they lost the ball. He would be too slow on the ball.

European or games against the Old Firm = first name on team sheet. 

Very defensive,great point for Livi,but if Kent had scored near the end, supporters would be saying Livi  deserved what they got.
Livi's defence were all superb as a unit,most of the midfield played along 18 yard box,and kept giving the ball straight back to Rangers,Why Holt let them continue this I don't know,the Forwards were playing defensive midfield.

Stryjek    8/10    Looks confident and safe
Devlin     6/10    Done OK as a unit,hemmed back
Fizzywater  8/10    Very assured great defending . 
Guthrie      9/10    Back to his best,was everywhere in 18 yard box.
McMillan   6/10    Steady enough,stuck to defending as a unit
Pittman    3/10    Spent the game defending in his own half.
Holt            2/10    Never seen,never mentioned
Bartley      4/10    Defended ,nothing else.
Sibbald     6/10    Put in a good shift,was the only midfielder trying to get forward.
Forrest      3/10    Best player against Motherwell, Anonymous due to tactics   
Hamilton   2/10    Tried hard,was never going to do much with this formation

Crawford            5/10    Positive attitude,put in a decent effort, ended further back defending .
Poplatnik           1/10    Did he touch the ball ?
Kouider Aissa  1/10  Never seen
Robinson           5/10    Great chance to score,should have done better.

Formation  8-1-1   ???

Holt--- Obviously trying too play for a draw,which could have easily backfired
We all know Rangers have the better players,but it's up to Gary Holt to get the midfield further up the field, so he must take part of the blame for the NO midfield tactics,saying that some of the passing was panicky..........

5 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Very defensive,great point for Livi,but if Kent had scored near the end, supporters would be saying Livi  deserved what they got.
Livi's defence were all superb as a unit,most of the midfield played along 18 yard box,and kept giving the ball straight back to Rangers,Why Holt let them continue this I don't know,the Forwards were playing defensive midfield.

Sibbald     6/10    Put in a good shift,was the only midfielder trying to get forward.

Crawford            5/10    Positive attitude,put in a decent effort, ended further back defending .

Formation  8-1-1   ???

We all know Rangers have the better players,but it's up to Gary Holt to get the midfield further up the field, so he must take part of the blame for the NO midfield tactics,saying that some of the passing was panicky..........

You're fucking clueless 

Formation  8-1-1   ???

Very harsh, thought Jason Holt did a fantastic job in front of the defence... especially after Marv went off injured. Pittman was our poorest performer by quite a way...im a big fan of the guy but he hasn't been his usual self for a while. If Marv is fit I'd go with him and Holt in the holding roles and sibbald pushed forward into Pittman's position

31 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

most of the midfield played along 18 yard box,and kept giving the ball straight back to Rangers,Why Holt let them continue this I don't know,the Forwards were playing defensive midfield.

You've literally answered this in the exact same post.

31 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Very defensive,great point for Livi

Holt--- Obviously trying too play for a draw

Deary me.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
17 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Formation  8-1-1   ???

Very harsh, thought Jason Holt did a fantastic job in front of the defence... especially after Marv went off injured. Pittman was our poorest performer by quite a way...im a big fan of the guy but he hasn't been his usual self for a while. If Marv is fit I'd go with him and Holt in the holding roles and sibbald pushed forward into Pittman's position

Fair enough,Jason Holt is good player,but I didn't see that yesterday,I agree push Sibbald forward.You can't tell how good a midfield are if their all told to defend, or end up having to defend,There is no way Gary Holt  was trying to win,as I say if Kent scored with that shot at the end,the tactics would be slammed ,Doesn't matter who you're playing you can't have the midfield playing on top of the defence for 90 minutes

Just now, Scrutinizer said:

Fair enough,Jason Holt is good player,but I didn't see that yesterday,I agree push Sibbald forward.You can't tell how good a midfield are if their all told to defend, or end up having to defend,There is no way Gary Holt  was trying to win,as I say if Kent scored with that shot at the end,the tactics would be slammed ,Doesn't matter who you're playing you can't have the midfield playing on top of the defence for 90 minutes

Slammed by who? Not Livi fans, we played absolutely brilliant yesterday. We've taken the second most points off of the OF since we came up, only Killie doing more. We've got a tactic that works against them and we routinely win/draw against both of them.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Slammed by who? Not Livi fans, we played absolutely brilliant yesterday. We've taken the second most points off of the OF since we came up, only Killie doing more. We've got a tactic that works against them and we routinely win/draw against both of them.

And if that Kent shot went in what would you be saying  " Hard luck " or would it have been  more like that "midfield need to get up the park"

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Livi  didn't  play absolutely brilliant , they defended brilliantly