Livingston v Rangers - Sun 16th

With Gerrard confirming that Balogun is out for this, it'll be interesting to see who replaces him to partner Goldson at CB.

Helander seems ahead of Edmundson in the pecking order but with Helander only recently returning from a lengthy injury I'm not sure if the pitch will be a factor in his decision making.

We've yet to concede a goal in the league but it's normally a tricky place to go to.

Prediction: Livingston 1 v 2 Rangers

With Gerrard confirming that Balogun is out for this, it'll be interesting to see who replaces him to partner Goldson at CB.
Helander seems ahead of Edmundson in the pecking order but with Helander only recently returning from a lengthy injury I'm not sure if the pitch will be a factor in his decision making.
We've yet to concede a goal in the league but it's normally a tricky place to go to.

I'd take that tbh...our defence has been uncharacteristically powderpuff in the first 3 games...an improvement in the second half against Motherwell but we'll need to be right on our game to even keep this close. A lot could depend on Dykes potentially moving... hopefully he hangs around until after the weekend at the very least.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
27 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'd take that tbh...our defence has been uncharacteristically powderpuff in the first 3 games...an improvement in the second half against Motherwell but we'll need to be right on our game to even keep this close. A lot could depend on Dykes potentially moving... hopefully he hangs around until after the weekend at the very least.

Is there talk of him moving on before Sunday? I know Livi has previously turned down a couple of bids but wasn’t sure what the current situation was.

Is there talk of him moving on before Sunday? I know Livi has previously turned down a couple of bids but wasn’t sure what the current situation was.
QPR are now interested so that's at least 4 championship teams mentioned plus Rangers but I'd imagine that's over with Roofe and Itten signing. Hopefully it sparks a bidding war and we can get a right good price for him.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
8 minutes ago, AJF said:

QPR are now interested so that's at least 4 championship teams mentioned plus Rangers but I'd imagine that's over with Roofe and Itten signing. Hopefully it sparks a bidding war and we can get a right good price for him.

Barnsley, Luton, QPR & Boro are the ones I've heard, although nothing from Boro & Luton in a couple of weeks. 

I fear for us a little without him tbf. We've not exactly been at our most potent over the last couple of weeks, and he's been one of our better players so far this season.

Barnsley, Luton, QPR & Boro are the ones I've heard, although nothing from Boro & Luton in a couple of weeks. 
I fear for us a little without him tbf. We've not exactly been at our most potent over the last couple of weeks, and he's been one of our better players so far this season.
Derby too. I think Poplatnik looks like he could lead the line well...but I'm basing that on his cameo against Hibs when the team were poor. He looked willing to put himself about and has a great scoring record previously.

Hopefully we've got the sprinklers on already so the pitch is as slippy as #### come Sunday. Frankly its the only way I can see us currently getting anything from this.

Am really struggling to be optimistic here; obviously our midfield has vastly improved from the first two games but those defensive lapses still give me nightmares.

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:
Do we have to?
Assuming Stryjek isn't as good as McCrorie, and with how poor our defence has been this season, this could get embarrassing. 

I'm hoping Stryjek performs like Sarkic did on his baptism of fire against Celtic

Schofield stepped up when we needed him to so hopefully Stryjek can too. 

All I've seen of Stryjek is the goal we conceded against Killie in pre season :lol:

Schofield stepped up when we needed him to so hopefully Stryjek can too. 
All I've seen of Stryjek is the goal we conceded against Killie in pre season [emoji38]
2 of the goals he conceded in preseason squirmed under him which didnt give me a lot of confidence but then Sarkic dropped an easy catch at the feet of Connor Sammon in his debut so hopefully the clangers are out the way

Dykes is a decent player, but I can't imagine him fitting into a Mark Warburton side from a tactical sense.

I probably would have picked Helander over Balogun for this match anyway - Dykes wants a centre back that's going to go and be aggressive with him. That allows him to use his strength and skill to take advantage and turn a defender. Balogun is very, very aggressive, whereas Helander has already learned this lesson and handled Dykes comfortably in the 2-0 win last season.

I'll go 2-0 Rangers.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Hopefully we've got the sprinklers on already so the pitch is as slippy as #### come Sunday. Frankly its the only way I can see us currently getting anything from this.

Am really struggling to be optimistic here; obviously our midfield has vastly improved from the first two games but those defensive lapses still give me nightmares.

I'd rather the pitch was dry and sticky to hinder their passing, just get the sprinklers on a HT to water their half of the pitch.:whistle

Helander struggled against Dykes last season. If we see that matchup again, I'll be a bit worried. Based on the respective starts to the season this should be a simple 3 points, but Livi hasn't been an easy place to go to for the Old Firm recently. 

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

You've won three out of four games here since Livi came up, unless your team is now called Celtgers.

You can struggle in games and still get a win Snaffykins.

The defence isn’t really recognisable as a Livi defence at the moment so can’t see us shutting Rangers out. I’d like to see McMillan back in the team.
Dykes wasn’t moving so freely towards the end so hope he’s recovered. The boys put a lot into Wednesday night so I expect to see a change or two.