8 hours ago, Al B said:

All our shit players left which left an imbalance, so some of our better players have become shit just to even it out again. However....

Everyone's playing in the wrong positions anyway so the above doesn't really matter, as evidenced by the fact that we've just signed a Right Back who's infinitely better than our current Right Back (who's actually a midfielder), but we'll be playing him at left back so we don't have to play a Centre Half at left back who wouldn't actually be playing at all if our Centre Mid wasn't injured, as he'd be playing Centre Half.

To summarise, there is a good chance we'll line up on Saturday with a midfielder playing Right Back, a Right Back playing Left Back, a back-up Left Back at Centre Half, a Right Mid at Left Mid, a Left Mid at Right Mid, our "main striker" playing deep with a face on him like he's found a shite in his kettle, because he's the kinda guy that if you gave him a bag with a million quid in it, would look annoyed at having to get such a heavy bag home by himself. We'll act like we dont have the best ball-playing Midfielder in the country by ignoring him and smashing the ball over his head towards a Championship level target man who can't work out why we keep launching the ball at his general head area from 80 Yards away, which even if it was remotely accurate (it won't be), it wouldn't matter as his head isn't up there, it's down near the ground as he keeps falling over. We'll then bring on the guy who is actually our best striker, but play him wide, take off our brilliant ball-playing Centre Mid who hasn't been brilliant cos we didn't give him the ball, replace him with a ball-playing Centre Mid who isn't as good, and for some reason only then will we try playing through the middle, and a teenager who was alright, isn't anymore, but isn't that bothered cos he's absolutely fucking loaded. We'll hopefully start with our absolute engine room in the middle of the park, but you can never be sure as he didn't feature at all in the first game of the season as the manager didn't think he looked 100%, even though we hadn't played any games yet.

I'm confident. 2-0 Motherwell.

Hope Robinson or Lasley read this. 

We haven’t won at Easter Road since 2014. Everything is pointing to a home win and I’d bite your hand off for a point.

I’d get Lang in on the left and put Seedorf on the right against Stevenson if he’s still Hib’s left back? Centre forward is anyone’s guess. O’Donnell in for Mugabi at the back.

Easter Road is one of my favourite away days so gutted we’re not allowed to go.

10 hours ago, Al B said:

All our shit players left which left an imbalance, so some of our better players have become shit just to even it out again. However....

Everyone's playing in the wrong positions anyway so the above doesn't really matter, as evidenced by the fact that we've just signed a Right Back who's infinitely better than our current Right Back (who's actually a midfielder), but we'll be playing him at left back so we don't have to play a Centre Half at left back who wouldn't actually be playing at all if our Centre Mid wasn't injured, as he'd be playing Centre Half.

To summarise, there is a good chance we'll line up on Saturday with a midfielder playing Right Back, a Right Back playing Left Back, a back-up Left Back at Centre Half, a Right Mid at Left Mid, a Left Mid at Right Mid, our "main striker" playing deep with a face on him like he's found a shite in his kettle, because he's the kinda guy that if you gave him a bag with a million quid in it, would look annoyed at having to get such a heavy bag home by himself. We'll act like we dont have the best ball-playing Midfielder in the country by ignoring him and smashing the ball over his head towards a Championship level target man who can't work out why we keep launching the ball at his general head area from 80 Yards away, which even if it was remotely accurate (it won't be), it wouldn't matter as his head isn't up there, it's down near the ground as he keeps falling over. We'll then bring on the guy who is actually our best striker, but play him wide, take off our brilliant ball-playing Centre Mid who hasn't been brilliant cos we didn't give him the ball, replace him with a ball-playing Centre Mid who isn't as good, and for some reason only then will we try playing through the middle, and a teenager who was alright, isn't anymore, but isn't that bothered cos he's absolutely fucking loaded. We'll hopefully start with our absolute engine room in the middle of the park, but you can never be sure as he didn't feature at all in the first game of the season as the manager didn't think he looked 100%, even though we hadn't played any games yet.

I'm confident. 2-0 Motherwell.

One "inverted wingers" rant away from perfection.

23 minutes ago, Green Day said:

tbf The most disappointing thing was that he didnt use the phrase "false 9"..............

See, it would be easy for you to assume that I was just listing nonsense, and therefore I might have missed "false 9" out, but my post is genuinely accurate...everything in it has happened and we're only 3 games in.

I was actually going to add that the only player that we can be 100% sure will be in the right position is Trevor Carson, but then the stats showed that against County 40% of his touches were outside the box so IDK what to think anymore.

This has us crashing back down to earth with an almighty bang written all over it IMO. Motherwell to win by a couple.

Anyone who confidently thinks we’re winning this to nil can’t have been watching Hibs very long. 1-3 Motherwell.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

See, it would be easy for you to assume that I was just listing nonsense, and therefore I might have missed "false 9" out, but my post is genuinely accurate...everything in it has happened and we're only 3 games in.

I was actually going to add that the only player that we can be 100% sure will be in the right position is Trevor Carson, but then the stats showed that against County 40% of his touches were outside the box so IDK what to think anymore.

Carson is our "false 1" :D

I've often put 'insurance bets' on the Well's opposition, to soften the blow of losing (special favourite to attract this punters' cash is on the Well at half time, oppo at full time, as those sort of games tend to hurt the most).  I'm happy enough to lose a few quid if we win.   (Draws are often doubly painful though)

Seeing we haven't won at Easter Road since 2014 persuaded me to scatter a bit more cash around than usual, as there's no way we're getting a result with our team in its current state of disarray :( 
I remain confident that eventually we'll be ok, but this is too soon against a decent team.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons