Drummers

Toma_BullyWee

12 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

One Glasgow band really didn't like us (well, me) to the point they had "Toma is a fucking c**t" in one of their tunes.

2 of them showed up to one of our gigs a while after it. I was out having a fag and jumped in the lift to find the 2 of them there. Big smile on my face and their arses went. 

Ah, the old inter-band rivalry! We'd poached a bass player from a band over in Edinburgh - he didn't take much poaching tbh - and a few weeks later me and him were out over there and had spent a fair portion of the night being told what his former band were going to do to us when they met up with us...walked into Rocco's club on Lothian Road and who was standing up at the bar but the singer and one of the guitar players:

"So we hear you were gonny kick f**k out of us then?"

Arses collapsed. Ended up buying us drinks until we got bored of making a public spectacle of them....a lot of the people they'd been going into detail about what they were going to do to us were filing into the club, taking one look at them and laughing.

Edited by Hillonearth

• 2 months later...
On 13/08/2020 at 11:24, Academically Deficient said:

I bought the Boss br 800 which is a home recording unit with inbuilt drum kits and patterns that can be easily edited, which even I can manage to work. Inbuilt guitar sounds, Amps, effects etc. Its really good and costs about £350. It even has a bass and acoustic guitar simulator, so in theory you only need 1 guitar, a lead and a plectrum to make a record.

It's a great device. I have a music education company with a friend and we use ours a lot. Only drawback I've found is occasionally it freezes and we are on our second one now. The  first one lasted three years but did have quite a hard life. I'm primarily a drummer and not great with technology, but even I can use it!

Edited by Coocoothenoo2

3 hours ago, Coocoothenoo2 said:

It's a great device. I have a music education company with a friend and we use ours a lot. Only drawback I've found is occasionally it freezes and we are on our second one now. The  first one lasted three years but did have quite a hard life. I'm primarily a drummer and not great with technology, but even I can use it!

Yes, there are one or two of the issues you get with digital devices (it's a cliche but turning off/on works). 

Otherwise it's great.👍

46 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Yes, there are one or two of the issues you get with digital devices (it's a cliche but turning off/on works). 

Otherwise it's great.👍

Yes. It does at least seem to save everything when  it goes tits up. I quite enjoy messing around with it. I play some guitar, although it is very much my second instrument. Some decent effects on it. I managed to successfully record drums once too. 

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

All drummers are weird. Apart from this guy.

1) given drummers seem to love playing virtually naked that guy must be roasting.

2). They’ll have 100% dived into the pit at the end, a truly confusing experience to all involved.

Edited by parsforlife