20/21 League Cup Group H

tamthebam

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

Sibbald threw a leg at Jet's goal so rightly given as offside but it still looks a penalty on Devlin from that angle

I thought it was nothing. He's bust a gut to get in front but when he does he's got nothing to lean on and falls over. Harsh to give him a yellow.

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Pass it on. Heard Livi's stream was 💩

Yeah the stream was lagging and jittery. And it was down for about the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, so missed both our goals. Must say I was quite impressed by Alloa today, you played well, caused us some problems, played some nice football.

Edited by Rscot

Just now, Rscot said:

Yeah the stream was lagging and jittery. And it was down for about the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, so missed both our goals. Must say I was quite impressed by Alloa today, you played well, caused us some problems, played so nice football.

I don't want to pat ourselves on the back too early but we've looked really good. Hope Thommo can keep up the scoring because that's our weakest area. That and the general height disadvantage we carry against every team.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I don't want to pat ourselves on the back too early but we've looked really good. Hope Thommo can keep up the scoring because that's our weakest area. That and the general height disadvantage we carry against every team.

I hope Scougall and Buchanan do well for you

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sibbald threw a leg at Jet's goal so rightly given as offside but it still looks a penalty on Devlin from that angle

Not convinced on either of those points. I don't think Sibbald has affected the goalkeeper's actions in any way and regardless of that, he's not obviously offside.

I think Devlin is looking for the foul after being tugged back in the buildup. Agree that its probably not a yellow but not convinced its a pen from that angle.

I thought Jet looked good on his debut, reminds me of Fernandez and Dykes in one player.  I’m sure he’ll cause lots of problems for defenders because of his trickery and physicality. Looks mobile too 👍. Mullin is settling in nicely, giving us a threat from the midfield right which we’ve lacked and his set pieces were quality yesterday. Our keeper did well when called upon, think we’ve picked up a good one there too. Let’s hope we can go on a nice cup run this season, I think we’ve got the players to do so 😎

Edited by Rscot

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not convinced on either of those points. I don't think Sibbald has affected the goalkeeper's actions in any way and regardless of that, he's not obviously offside.

I think Devlin is looking for the foul after being tugged back in the buildup. Agree that its probably not a yellow but not convinced its a pen from that angle.

Yeah can't see from that angle, but clearly saw an arm on his back in the jittery Livi live stream, as you say though, wasn't deserving a booking. Agree on the supposed offside, Sibbs didn't effect play for JETS goal, keeper was well beat, not sure if he did stick a leg out at it as it went past, or tried to get his leg out of the way, either way it had no bearing on the ball going in the net.

Yeah thought you were being harsh on us yesterday, even with the goal and pen not given we looked like we had the best of the chances in the first half, and dominated the 2nd, could/should have had 3 or 4 more goals in the game with the amount of clear chances. Looking good from the new signings though, both Mullin and JET stood out, can't wait to see what JET will do when he's had several games under his belt and is up to speed fitness wise.

Agree with most of that, the disallowed goal looked a bit harsh, certainly would have thought so had it occurred up other end. Officials clearly made their mind up about Sibbalds position quite quickly, not sure he really did a lot wrong but hard to tell conclusively from the camera angle.

The penalty shout I thought player went down awfully easy and didnt look enough in it. 

Didnt have many complaints about the outcome. Obviously missed the goals but it looked like we might be on the receiving end of more. But we recovered well, got back into the game and gave Livi a couple of scares.

Considering it was only our second competitive game of the season and Livi are a decent bit into their league season now I was very pleased with how we performed.

TBH that was probably the strongest Alloa side I've seen for a long time; continued to compete for the full 90 minutes despite (presumably) a number of the team only being part-time.

Certainly a potential banana skin for us avoided.

Will be interesting to see how they develop once Scougall gets up to speed.

On 11/10/2020 at 23:58, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Agree with most of that, the disallowed goal looked a bit harsh, certainly would have thought so had it occurred up other end. Officials clearly made their mind up about Sibbalds position quite quickly, not sure he really did a lot wrong but hard to tell conclusively from the camera angle.

The penalty shout I thought player went down awfully easy and didnt look enough in it. 

Didnt have many complaints about the outcome. Obviously missed the goals but it looked like we might be on the receiving end of more. But we recovered well, got back into the game and gave Livi a couple of scares.

Considering it was only our second competitive game of the season and Livi are a decent bit into their league season now I was very pleased with how we performed.

If this cup had been played at the start of the season for both of us then i think Alloa would've beaten us. We were honking for our first 4 or 5 games, esp when we tried to play 3 at the back with a 4th CB playing as a FB. Didn't have Mullin & JET signed then either. Or Serrano for that matter.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I was lucky enough to attend Stenhousemuir's match with Airdrieonians tonight. The first half was poor but I felt our performance after the interval perhaps merited something. We lost two poor goals (the first was stabbed home at the third attempt; the second was a deflected shot from range) but created some good chances that should have been converted, especially Botti Biabi's at the end (although I accept he was off balance and was pressured by an opponent).

That's the second time I've seen Airdrie this season and the first in the flesh. They're alright. Leon McCann at left full-back was their best player and strolled through large parts of the game. They'll need to step it up if they're going to challenge in League 1 next year, though.

Pretty comfortable win in the end and never looked under any real threat or pressure at all. Defence were solid once again and I thought Leon McCann had a particularly good game both at the back and going forward. I thought we got the ball into dangerous positions well (O'Reilly) but our final ball was really lacking (also O'Reilly). In fairness, he was hampered by a lack of Airdrie players in the box, something which we'll also have to improve. He did set up the first so hopefully he can improve the consistency of his final ball with more game time. Lovely strike from Thomson for the second goal. 

Would like to see Carrick and Sabatini on from the start on Saturday and I assume they were just being rested tonight. No clue who'll be playing in the other attacking positions but would like to see us be a bit more adventurous. You're not going to create much with a midfield of Kerr, McKay and Ritchie. 

On the whole though good to get a win, and to finally beat fucking Stenny, going into the league on Saturday. 

A bit to be encouraged by last night. Mainly the quality of the young guys. They all looked very capable; only McQueen seemed to struggle a bit although it is tough to tell exactly what is happening on the far side.

We certainly seemed the better side in the 2nd half despite losing the goals in that period. And when you’re feeling positive what do you want next? A trip to Cliftonhill. Sigh.