20/21 League Cup Group H

tamthebam

Alloa, Stenny, Airdrie, Edinburgh City and the other lot- all clubs who play on artificial pitches. It's almost as if the draw was fixed to shove all those plastic diddies into the one group...

The Premier club will be favourites of course and have some good players to watch by all accounts. On last season's placings 2nd should be between Airdrie and Alloa but you never know.

Edinburgh City haven't played Airdrie for a while- a pre season friendly at Grangemouth years ago and a Youth Cup tie are the only games that come to mind. The others are fairly familiar.

• 1 month later...

Can't see us going full strength in these games, perfect chance to give some fringe players a bit of game time.

Stryjek

McMillan  -  Fitzwater  -  Guthrie  -  ATS

Bartley  -  Sibbald

Poplatnik  -  Pittman  -  Forrest

Tiffoney

Lokotsch/JET (if available) on the bench if we're desperate for a goal, also hope/expect to see Pignatiello get a run out in these games.

Edited by LiviLion

Think Pignatiello had a moon boot on last week, I would be surprised to see him back for this. 

ATS, McMillan, Fitzwater, Sibbald, JET, Poplatnik and Lokotsch should be looking for plenty of game time over the first two games. It's been a hectic start to the season for the rest of the squad (aside from De Vita and Souda who appear to have been jettisoned).

Good chance for Stryjek to impress as well. 

Edit: Brown and Lawson away on international duty.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Raffa played in a reserve game last week and scored, hoping to see him getting some game time in the Betfred cup games too, hopefully see our new signing JET getting his match fitness up with a few run outs too. We've a pretty strong squad this season so plenty places for the players that haven't featured much, and still have a really good team.

Time to give some of the fringe players a run out. We've got a lot of them.

Stryjek

McMillan - Fitzwater - Guthrie - ATS

Sibbald - Holt

Tiffoney - Robinson/Poplatnik - De Vita

Lokostch/Poplatnik

I really like Souda, but it looks like he's gone. If he has any chance of sticking around, he needs to start on Tuesday. Poplatnik and Lokostch both could use game time, I'd like to see a system that could fit them both.

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Time to give some of the fringe players a run out. We've got a lot of them.

Stryjek

McMillan - Fitzwater - Guthrie - ATS

Sibbald - Holt

Tiffoney - Robinson/Poplatnik - De Vita

Lokostch/Poplatnik

I really like Souda, but it looks like he's gone. If he has any chance of sticking around, he needs to start on Tuesday. Poplatnik and Lokostch both could use game time, I'd like to see a system that could fit them both.

Can add Josh Mullin to that list now, also have to get JET on at some time to get his fitness up so he can play league games.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can add Josh Mullin to that list now, also have to get JET on at some time to get his fitness up so he can play league games.

Ooft, how could I have forgotten JET already? So many strikers to give game time to, can Poplatnik play as a 10? How's JET on the wing?

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Ooft, how could I have forgotten JET already? So many strikers to give game time to, can Poplatnik play as a 10? How's JET on the wing?

Fuckit just throw them all on and forget about having midfielders, lumping the ball up the pitch from defence.

Stream is pure pish. Cheek charging a tenner.
I was on the verge of giving up but got it going just before the goal. It's a good clear picture and no obstructed view. The commentator sounds like he's suffering after a heavy night though